Terrence Loves Me

Mi Amor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
  • Fan Since:2015
  • Time Online: 64d 22h 26m 24s

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:38 PM

Queen of creating incredible, cinematic music but choosing to reject making visuals for half of her songs that truly deserve it... Seriously though how can songs like OTTR, Old Money, Salvatore, Cola not have any music video? They literally scream for iconic visuals :defeated:

And then there's shit like Despacito and Anaconda getting MV's... what a messed up world

• delreyfreak, californianfreak, Kitschesque and 9 others like this

giphy.gif                                                                                                                                                                                                       I feel young when i'm in love :smokes:

#7502 OFFLINE   Kitschesque

Kitschesque

☮ idol of daisies ☼

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • Locationcrookback bog
  • Fan Since:april 2012
  • Time Online: 22d 3h 3m 43s

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:42 PM

Shades Of Cool is still her best video

When Lana enters Heaven and says "I used everything you gave me" to God he's gonna be all like damn girl you mean during UV era or

• strange weather, delreyfreak, Stargirl and 11 others like this

tenor.gif  afraid of sharks, but not the dark

#7503 OFFLINE   Lana Rey Loreen

Lana Rey Loreen

R.I.P @Melania Trump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 47d 5h 27m 40s

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:43 PM

Queen of creating incredible, cinematic music but choosing to reject making visuals for half of her songs that truly deserve it... Seriously though how can songs like OTTR, Old Money, Salvatore, Cola not have any music video? They literally scream for iconic visuals :defeated:

And then there's shit like Despacito and Anaconda getting MV's... what a messed up world

OTTR has homemade video

Is there no remedy for memory

#7504 OFFLINE   Terrence Loves Me

Terrence Loves Me

Mi Amor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:48 PM

When Lana enters Heaven and says "I used everything you gave me" to God he's gonna be all like damn girl you mean during UV era or

"Lust for Life era says hi"

- God

OTTR has homemade video

link?

• Kitschesque likes this

giphy.gif                                                                                                                                                                                                       I feel young when i'm in love :smokes:

#7505 OFFLINE   Lana Rey Loreen

Lana Rey Loreen

R.I.P @Melania Trump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:52 PM

link?

Yeah I know it looks like a Fanmade, but apparently it's real, she edited it herself

• LAman, delreyfreak, Awake In Arms and 1 other like this

#7506 OFFLINE   Constantine

Constantine

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts
  • Time Online: 188d 2h 22m 12s

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:00 AM

All those unnecessary essays about a music video. Most Musicians almost always struggle w putting out a great music video unless they have a huge budget(and they still can fuck it up) or whatever. The only artist that has an incredibly solid videography that I can think of right now is Björk but that's because she's God

Anyway, Lana has a handful of shit videos but that doesn't really take away anything from her artistry. Music videos are not as timeless as music and no one cares for them after the initial hype dies down lol
  • Awake In Arms, fine china and leaderofthepack like this

#7507 OFFLINE   LAman

LAman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 814 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 37d 23h 44m 4s

I remember when she released that homemade OTTR video. I was disappointed then as well  :lmao:

• Lana Rey Loreen likes this

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

#7508 OFFLINE   Terrence Loves Me

Terrence Loves Me

Mi Amor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Yeah I know it looks like a Fanmade, but apparently it's real, she edited it herself

Idk if that was her, it looks more like something D!ETPUSSY would make, whenever she made homeade ones she always used a lot of cuts and random imagery

#7509 OFFLINE   Trainwreck

Trainwreck

dreaming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts
  • Time Online: 48d 2h 38m 29s

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:05 AM

miss lfl?? miss lfl?? omg she fuckin dead
  • Volta, ultrababy and Roctab like this

Posted Image

#7510 OFFLINE   Roctab

Roctab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 58d 13h 1m 32s

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:07 AM

7 months of mess.

• delreyfreak, Summer Wine, Terrence Loves Me and 1 other like this

And everytime you look up...  tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif  I know what you're thinking of...

#7511 OFFLINE   Amadeus

Amadeus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Time Online: 130d 23h 20m 2s

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:09 AM

Perhaps Lana is just low on creative juices? She has been famous for a bit now, so she can't always be the same as Lizzy Grant or Lana Del Ray (AKA), or channel those times in her life in the same way, if that makes sense. (Or maybe she can and just doesn't want to?) Maybe she needs to get out of her comfort zone again and experience life in a way that can make her songs and concepts more fresh. I'm not saying her concepts on LFL aren't good. I loved the album. Heroin and Get Free sounded new for Lana and also amazing in my opinion. But she really could use something that makes her sound more fresh like she did on Born to Die.

nn i wouldn't judge from rehashed messes like this though. she clearly had concepts in mind for love, high by the beach and lust for life, the latter even referring to the visuals seen in the video. it's just that the concept aren't as vibrant and exciting as they used to be (this is objective btw). lfl and love kinda have the same stiffness and lack of diversity burning desire has, which was basically made to compliment an ad campaign.

but again she has funds, interscope has funds, they can hire directors for her videos which they do idk to what extend she lets them "do their thing".

100% Agree! That video was pure ART. Perfect cinematography, perfect lighting, perfect locations, perfect everything. Idk what's happened to her visuals anymore, they seem so lazy and careless. She's either had a brain transplant since 2014 or she just needs better directors... way, waaay better directors.

lana del rey died and was replaced by a robot

• delreyfreak, grabmebymyribbons, SlowGinFizzzz and 2 others like this

VGEtahY.png

#7512 OFFLINE   Kitschesque

Kitschesque

☮ idol of daisies ☼

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • Locationcrookback bog
  • Fan Since:april 2012
  • Time Online: 22d 3h 3m 43s

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:15 AM

miss lfl?? miss lfl?? omg she fuckin dead

What do you mean where did she write this

tenor.gif  afraid of sharks, but not the dark

#7513 OFFLINE   Terrence Loves Me

Terrence Loves Me

Mi Amor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:25 AM

The opening shot of WM:

"LANA SIT ON MY FACE!"

• delreyfreak, californianfreak, Lana Rey Loreen and 3 others like this

#7514 ONLINE   One Sun

One Sun

November's for the Nuns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico on Route 66
  • Time Online: 165d 4h 33m 2s

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:27 AM

Idk if that was her, it looks more like something D!ETPUSSY would make, whenever she made homeade ones she always used a lot of cuts and random imagery

It's real! I wish she included herself in it /:
tumblr_nu2g0a0Dzv1qm5iajo3_r1_540.gif

#7515 OFFLINE   Lana Rey Loreen

Lana Rey Loreen

R.I.P @Melania Trump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:27 AM

The opening shot of WM:

"LANA SIT ON MY FACE!"

Screaming

Iconic

• Terrence Loves Me likes this

#7516 OFFLINE   Terrence Loves Me

Terrence Loves Me

Mi Amor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:29 AM

It's real! I wish she included herself in it /:

Wow really? That's surprising considering Video Games was beautifully edited, OTTR looked like a mess

#7517 ONLINE   One Sun

One Sun

November's for the Nuns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico on Route 66
  • Time Online: 165d 4h 33m 2s

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:30 AM

Wow really? That's surprising considering Video Games was beautifully edited, OTTR looked like a mess

Yeah! It was on one of her official channels iirc? I think many of us thought it wasn't real too
tumblr_nu2g0a0Dzv1qm5iajo3_r1_540.gif

#7518 OFFLINE   Lana Rey Loreen

Lana Rey Loreen

R.I.P @Melania Trump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:09 AM

I think this vid gonna be underrated

#7519 OFFLINE   Wasteland

Wasteland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Time Online: 14d 11h 4m 13s

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:56 AM

Funny how the Honeymoon era was basically her honeymoon years of not working much and just recycling footages

Even funnier when she decides to be ironic during the Lust for Life era, making us lose the lust for her with the may 26 mess and the scrapping of Yosemite and BAR

tumblr_oqjdsaYBtQ1tdhazoo1_400.png

#7520 OFFLINE   Clampigirl

Clampigirl

Rose garden wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Fan Since:Early 2013?
  • Time Online: 46d 29m 37s

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:09 AM

I wouldn't call the video a flop since most people seem to love it except for us here at LanaBoards. It isn't that bad in my opinion if you don't know about BAR.
  • LAman, californianfreak and Roctab like this

HgPj7Wf.jpg

3 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Wynwood, taurelailomea, llg1234