Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

@vodkaa reply 7531

Preserved for history-

that is what all her poems, lyrics, albums and music already are, the moment they were released

Music is forever

and forever the #1 song of 2017 is Coachella. 

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@vodkaa reply 7531

Preserved for history-

that is what all her poems, lyrics, albums and music already are, the moment they were released

Music is forever

and forever the #1 song of 2017 is Coachella. 

Oh hey, I'm not sure if it's just for me, but I wasn't notified when ya typed this. 

I know what you mean, but for me I love how intimate it is when an artist just sings in the studio: there's more or less emotion on their face, and the little touches that they sometimes do with their voice, or just how they move. In some ways it's a lot more present than seeing them front row, and a lot more people get to see it.

Btw, did u calculate the reply number, or like is there a toggle somewhere that just shows it?

UV/Honeymoon

Well tbh, Rich Lee does make pretty visuals and gorgeous cinematography but out of three that he has directed, Even tho I loved the Love mv I agree that they were bland. I really want her to work with Anthony Mandler, Woodkid and specially Jake Nava again. 

I really loved Nava's oversaturated color style in SOC.

4BZPaCg.jpg

I sort of wish Lana didn't become so attached to certain friends and artists, like once she made one video with Rich Lee she had to make 2 more. Same thing with Chuck and photography, she's worked with so many photographers and i'm sure more would love to work with her but she stuck with Chuck for the LFL cover & other promo pics and they didn't turn out as good as some of her other stuff. I'll make an exception for Neil Krug though, I hope they never stop working together.

Personally I would love for Lana to work with a female video director for the next video

I sort of wish Lana didn't become so attached to certain friends and artists, like once she made one video with Rich Lee she had to make 2 more. Same thing with Chuck and photography, she's worked with so many photographers and i'm sure more would love to work with her but she stuck with Chuck for the LFL cover & other promo pics and they didn't turn out as good as some of her other stuff. I'll make an exception for Neil Krug though, I hope they never stop working together.

Personally I would love for Lana to work with a female video director for the next video

didn’t MTWBT have a female director?

I think the issue with Lana’s visual output lately is her probable interference with the directors’ vision. Can you imagine how infuriating to be told that actually the video treatment that you directed is now to be repurposed for an entirely different song, or how depressing it would be to be told to add a blanket black and white filter over a gorgeously coloured set.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png