Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

255 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Let's just all agree that she should hire David Lynch and be done with this conundrum of a discussion bc the LFL videos make me puke mmkay?

:agree:  :agree:  :agree:

Also, Lynch is a huge music fan so they can hang around more and he can influence the direction for LDR6 and we will get a beautiful mystical record

:agree:  :agree:  :agree:

Also, Lynch is a huge music fan so they can hang around more and he can influence the direction for LDR6 and we will get a beautiful mystical record

And then hopefully Lynch will hire Lana to be in one of his upcoming movies, so it's a win-win :agree:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

maybe its all about budgeting. I noticed that every era we get at least 3 videos. 4 if we're lucky. (Im talking post-btd-era). MAYBE..Love had the highest budget considering all the extras, the posters, the sfx and the director. And she loved Rich Lee's work so much that she decided to keep him for the rest of the vids. BUT, he prob isnt cheap. So to cope with that, each video after Love cost less and less. LFL got a budget cut, but considering its the title track she made sure it wasnt noticeable (IMO the video is still great. just wish she wouldve ACTUALLY danced on the H)...as for BAR/WM...it got the biggest cut. Although cheap, it's still a Lana vid. I think it really proved that she can do extravagant stuff, but she can also do simple things and make them look beautiful..

sorry if that didnt make sense im just speaking right from my mind. Hope it got the point across :kiss:

sidenote: and dont @ me on this part, but y'all can't sit here and tell me that the beginning of the WM video of her standing over him and moving all sensually like an enchantress didnt make you drool. especially when she did that lowkey slut drop.... FACTS. :gurl:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

yall just imagine a dark/horror themed album and david lynch as a director of all the music videos or a short film

Don't make me cry it'd be so fucking amazing

Imagine the original album concept/album trailer concept with Lynch's influence

who ever directed ''RIDE'' should come back

agreed. along with Dan Heath..he was the best with ballads and strings. Maybe even Emile Haynie. Wait For Life still mesmerizes me. The little humming she does in the beginning :icant:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

maybe its all about budgeting. I noticed that every era we get at least 3 videos. 4 if we're lucky. (Im talking post-btd-era). MAYBE..Love had the highest budget considering all the extras, the posters, the sfx and the director. And she loved Rich Lee's work so much that she decided to keep him for the rest of the vids. BUT, he prob isnt cheap. So to cope with that, each video after Love cost less and less. LFL got a budget cut, but considering its the title track she made sure it wasnt noticeable (IMO the video is still great. just wish she wouldve ACTUALLY danced on the H)...as for BAR/WM...it got the biggest cut. Although cheap, it's still a Lana vid. I think it really proved that she can do extravagant stuff, but she can also do simple things and make them look beautiful..

sorry if that didnt make sense im just speaking right from my mind. Hope it got the point across :kiss:

sidenote: and dont @ me on this part, but y'all can't sit here and tell me that the beginning of the WM video of her standing over him and moving all sensually like an enchantress didnt make you drool. especially when she did that lowkey slut drop.... FACTS. :gurl:

Lmao lfl didn't get a budget cut, same with bar they all have heavy cgi, the whole lfl video set consists of a cgi landscape and that animation alone costs $$$ + them having to pay rich lee as well.

Lanas music videos aren't Budget mv but an expensive video doesn't mean it's gonna be good. Idk why u all seem to love the love video when it's one of the most boring and bland videos ever (Not that lfl was any better) the concept is really cool but they didn't even get cool shots on the (cgi) moon.

i76mrxw.png 

Lmao lfl didn't get a budget cut, same with bar they all have heavy cgi, the whole lfl video set consists of a cgi landscape and that animation alone costs $$$ + them having to pay rich lee as well.

Lanas music videos aren't Budget mv but an expensive video doesn't mean it's gonna be good. Idk why u all seem to love the love video when it's one of the most boring and bland videos ever (Not that lfl was any better) the concept is really cool but they didn't even get cool shots on the (cgi) moon.

so...like 3 far away scopes of a future city (which is just green screen and editing) and 5 seconds of a holograph screen and 6 seconds of a rocket is equal in cost to the various locations, flying cars and otherworldy cgi, taking place for 70% of the love video??? Sure, jan

if you find THAT boring, then hey..to each his own. But dont fool yourself by thinking that BAR didnt get cut. As for LFL, like i said it didnt get much cut, but it was still cheaper. One location. and only 4 actors (2 if you dont count the back up dancers). sure its full of cgi, but it's at least 30-50% easier to do than everything in the Love vid.

the love mv was beautiful. i dreamt once to see  my veranda at night with huge colourful fast moving planets by the horizon and i think whomever edited the video should have coloured the planets more to make them stand out and give the video more life but it's still the best and most accomplished video of the era. the cinematography actually tells a story with the way the video is headed and because it fits the song perfectly ...  and even the b&w was used wisely

Someone educate me, who is David Lynch? Some of his most known works?

blue velvet, twin peaks ... look them up they look very lana btd era. he's a composer, musician, director, writer you name it with a particular creepy pastel aesthetic 

edit:

tumblr_n6491lfN8P1sunajqo2_500.giftumblr_ndg9o4ARmv1snmmclo1_500.gifdonna.gif?w=806tumblr_m573eiiJN11qc2bleo1_500.gif

the love mv was beautiful. i dreamt once to see  my veranda at night with huge colourful fast moving planets by the horizon and i think whomever edited the video should have coloured the planets more to make them stand out and give the video more life but it's still the best and most accomplished video of the era. the cinematography actually tells a story with the way the video is headed and because it fits the song perfectly ...  and even the b&w was used wisely

blue velvet, twin peaks ... look them up they look very lana btd era. he's a composer, musician, director, writer you name it with a particular creepy pastel aesthetic

I associate twin peaks with aka the most it's definately a lynch record

The rest less so

Someone educate me, who is David Lynch? Some of his most known works?

He's a very big name director whose signature style is surreal and kind of creepy, very film-noir. Blue Velvet is actually a cover of a song from his movie of the same name. Google Twin Peaks or Mulholland Drive, they should give you a good idea of his style.

I associate twin peaks with aka the most it's definately a lynch record

The rest less so

I think Paradise is very Lynch too, Gods And Monsters and Yayo especially