Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I'm really curious about the next BTD LFL Tour's set list. If she keeps performing BTD I hope it's only like 3 or 4 songs: VG, BTD and SS (just for the sake of it because those are the most popular) No Blue Jeans, no OTTR (sorry there are better closers) and no Lolita. I hope she officially includes Salvatore from HM and from LFL: 13 Beaches, Heroin, Get Free and WTWWAW (the high notes make it seem like she won't ever sing this one). And as a surprise for older fans maybe she could include a new unreleased song or one from AKA. But probably I'm being delusional and she's doing the same set list with 2 more songs lol. 

Remember the first show of The Endless Summer Tour? THAT was a set list :oprah: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/lana-del-rey/2015/cynthia-woods-mitchell-pavilion-the-woodlands-tx-23c820c7.html 

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

He didn't even produce it but yeah it was him who made lana, the same woman who changed the album track list to include some completely new songs just before the announcement, make lfl sound the "generic" way it does

i76mrxw.png 

He didn't even produce it but yeah it was him who made lana, the same woman who changed the album track list to include some completely new songs just before the announcement, make lfl sound the "generic" way it does

I mean, Max Martin is mentioned here (7:00)... He is known for having a hand in the most popular selling songs. So, yeah, I do think he had a hand in making the song LFL (which is what I was referring to. not the entire album) sound more general or marketable.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I mean, Max Martin is mentioned here (7:00)... He is known for having a hand in the most popular selling songs. So, yeah, I do think he had a hand in making the song LFL (which is what I was referring to. not the entire album) sound more general or marketable.

i know who max martin is and i know u were referring to the song. the instrumental is the best part of the song anyway (which doesn't seem to be a unpopular opinion on here, surprising considering the horrid taste of many lb users)

"all these songs sound the same" yeah that's what i think of the beatles' discography as well. 

also funny that u link a video that contains a part talking about non-complex repetitive lyrics lmao the irony.

6:45- 7:00 oh how he just destroyed half of lana's discography. i have to unstan now i guess.

edit: just continued watching the video and lmaoo he's talking about songwriters and singers not being the same person or whatever when acclaimed icons as barbra, judy garland and billie holiday and many more's discographies are just them covering the same songs over and over and over again. how pretentious. this fanbase is absolutely obsessed with coming of as edGY, unconventional and totally non-relatable to anyone else wow it's basically paradise for halsey.

i76mrxw.png 

i know who max martin is and i know u were referring to the song. the instrumental is the best part of the song anyway (which doesn't seem to be a unpopular opinion on here, surprising considering the horrid taste of many lb users)

"all these songs sound the same" yeah that's what i think of the beatles' discography as well.

also funny that u link a video that contains a part talking about non-complex repetitive lyrics lmao the irony.

6:45- 7:00 oh how he just destroyed half of lana's discography. i have to unstan now i guess.

edit: just continued watching the video and lmaoo he's talking about songwriters and singers not being the same person or whatever when acclaimed icons as barbra, judy garland and billie holiday and many more's discographies are just them covering the same songs over and over and over again. how pretentious. this fanbase is absolutely obsessed with coming of as edGY, unconventional and totally non-relatable to anyone else wow it's basically paradise for halsey.

Lol I wasn't trying to hate. I just think he makes things sound generic. I still like LFL, I'm just commenting on things that influenced the end result of the song and possibly made it sound more generic. Not that serious

I like pop music so I'm not saying that video should change everyone's mind about pop in general.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

lana flew all the way to sweden to consult with him and apparently he thought the whole "and i lust for life (x4) keeps us alive (x4)" was pleasant to listen to and should be in the chorus .... which ironically is my least fave part of the song and probably wasn't supposed to be this way. it's too high pitched for my tastes. Not saying the other version is better but it's considered "more touching" i don't remember by whom so that's interesting enough. so chill, it would only be nice if we got to hear it but that's not happening anyway  :hooker: i don't want any actual leak to occur tbh 

Lol I wasn't trying to hate. I just think he makes things sound generic. I still like LFL, I'm just commenting on things that influenced the end result of the song and possibly made it sound more generic. Not that serious

I like pop music so I'm not saying that video should change everyone's mind about pop in general.

sorry for the small rant in my last post but i reeeally have trouble taking people serious when they talk about max martin when his involvement was discussed on here countless times already and blaming anything bad on other people in general. lana is capable of doing better but she obviously didn't want to make the song more interesting/sound difference since she's been working on it for some time and it's not one of the tracks she added last minute. 

lana flew all the way to sweden to consult with him and apparently he thought the whole "and i lust for life (x4) keeps us alive (x4)"

we don't know what part of the chorus lana was talking about and or what happened after she reworked it to make it a somewhat duet with abel.

it's not that serious but considering someone will read this line and 100% believe it without ever questioning it it's pretty annoying.

i76mrxw.png 

Tbh Lana didn't really come through with anything this era other than the music, and the album is amazing because it's what Lana does best, but it seemed like Lana had an amazing concept with the vintage space film aethetic of the Love video and the supernatural album trailer, and it had alot of potential. When the love posters showed up and the music video came out I thought there was more of the space aesthetic, and then came the album trailer which added more, and you know it was album trailer so I thought there would be more visuals similar to it (still sad the album cover and photoshoot didn't have space in it lol), but I guess Lana started having second thoughts about what to include in the album because I think she started the era earlier than she should've because she started doubting adding Yosemite etc, and adding other songs. Then she probably had alot of pressure to release the album on time since we started craving the album as fast as possible so things might've been rushed at the end. And it's not really Lana's fault because as an artist the path you want to take with your art can change rapidly and combine that with the pressure of releasing the album on time, the album aesthetic probably changed alot too and with that you get the Lust for Life era. But I'm happy we got an amazing album and since the music is amazing does anything else even matter? Sorry for rambling on just wanted to talk about this...

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

sorry for the small rant in my last post but i reeeally have trouble taking people serious when they talk about max martin when his involvement was discussed on here countless times already and blaming anything bad on other people in general. lana is capable of doing better but she obviously didn't want to make the song more interesting/sound difference since she's been working on it for some time and it's not one of the tracks she added last minute. 

What do you mean, obviously it's all Rick's fault that Honeymoon is a snooze and Kieron is solely responsible for Lust For Life's cheap trap beats. Lana wasn't involved in any way.  :oopna:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

lana flew all the way to sweden to consult with him and apparently he thought the whole "and i lust for life (x4) keeps us alive (x4)" was pleasant to listen to and should be in the chorus .... which ironically is my least fave part of the song and probably wasn't supposed to be this way. it's too high pitched for my tastes. Not saying the other version is better but it's considered "more touching" i don't remember by whom so that's interesting enough. so chill, it would only be nice if we got to hear it but that's not happening anyway  :hooker: i don't want any actual leak to occur tbh

Wait I thought the change was "they say only the good died young" moved from the verse to the pre-chorus/chorus

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

there are many posts here complaining about lana's laziness in general? her voice, her lyrics, her promo? but why are you making out this whole idea that some people consider lana faultless, it comes out of nowhere and it blows some few comments here and there out of proportion ?

at the end of the day she probably calls her decisions and she chooses which direction and advice she takes: who is going to help her to achieve her vision. no one is doubting her agency.  that's a different thing from saying that i don't like this producer or that mixer 

Wait I thought the change was "they say only the good died young" moved from the verse to the pre-chorus/chorus

i remember reading about the chorus, so i don't know which part i'm not going to research it rn ... i still don't like the chorus tho