Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I’d love a Lizzy comeback, at least sound-wise. The beach sound was amazing and her vocals were stunning.I need something similar to Kill Kill, but we probably won’t get anything like that since Lana is constantly changing, which isn’t a bad thing, but it means we won’t get to have a Ultraviolence 2.0.

Fayyt7N.png

I’d love a Lizzy comeback, at least sound-wise. The beach sound was amazing and her vocals were stunning.I need something similar to Kill Kill, but we probably won’t get anything like that since Lana is constantly changing, which isn’t a bad thing, but it means we won’t get to have a Ultraviolence 2.0.

Tbh and end sometimes is good..lana keeps changing all the time..if she was stuck to a style maybe we would get bored of it...

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I love AKA and I love a lot of her old songs, but I honestly wouldn't want another album that sounds like those old days... because I know what Lana's capable of and she is amazing. Even the "bad" songs sound amazing because she works so hard to make them perfect. The music and instrumentals are always on point, especially from UV until now. I wouldn't want another album with those similar beats you can hear in AKA, what she creats now is so much better. At least that's what I think.

Don't get me wrong, I think AKA is great like I said, but I think it would be the wrong way for Lana to go for her next album. I want her to keep evolving and surprising us with the next album, because neither albums have truly resembled their previous albums. And I think that's great, it's like opening books of the same series every time you listen to the albums from start to end - similar story but still something new when you go on to the next book.

Simply put - I like how she's working now with her music. The layering of traditional instruments mixed with a modern sound... perfect. ♥

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

i hope cola is about weinstein, we need a controversy

I hope you're joking my friend. In the current political/social US climate, admitting/saying she wrote a romantic song about a now well-known sexual abuser would be a really huge disaster and make all of her other controversies smaller in comparison. Not that that would be completely out of character for Lana, especially BTD/Paradise era Lana, but people would have a much harder time defending that as opposed to, say, the whole "I wish I was dead" thing, which could be understood through the lense of depression and such.

I love AKA and I love a lot of her old songs, but I honestly wouldn't want another album that sounds like those old days... because I know what Lana's capable of and she is amazing. Even the "bad" songs sound amazing because she works so hard to make them perfect. The music and instrumentals are always on point, especially from UV until now. I wouldn't want another album with those similar beats you can hear in AKA, what she creats now is so much better. At least that's what I think.

Don't get me wrong, I think AKA is great like I said, but I think it would be the wrong way for Lana to go for her next album. I want her to keep evolving and surprising us with the next album, because neither albums have truly resembled their previous albums. And I think that's great, it's like opening books of the same series every time you listen to the albums from start to end - similar story but still something new when you go on to the next book.

Simply put - I like how she's working now with her music. The layering of traditional instruments mixed with a modern sound... perfect. ♥

I just hope she ditches the trap beats on the next record and I will be happy.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I hope Lana goes into a direction that's a little more acoustic and organic for LDR6 - songs that are sonically similar to Best American Record and presumably Yosemite, with themes that deal with idealism and changing perspectives, as well as fun little songs about California, the former tying into the "into the blue" line from Get Free, which is a jumping off point for the next record, as stated by Lana. Plus, a title like "Greetings from California" or something with a desert vibe. Early 2016 -Topanga - Malibu blonde Lana was my favourite time, and I would love to see something like that.

Regardless, I know I'll love anything she puts out. 

I agree! The melody in the verse "there's something in the wind" is so chilling and creepy, i paint a picture in my head of some old enchanted forest and an innocent princess sat by the pond, who ends up tasting the water and becomes something dark.. her hair turns to black and she starts to see life as it is (symbolises depression) idk.. it's just a masterpiece :wowcry:

Also... i think lana's next record might be all lizzy grant (vocals and style-wise) because at the end of Get Free it's as though her Lizzy vocals get louder whilst her Lana vocals grow quieter.. it could mean she's putting her LDR persona.. (voice, sad songs) behind her and is stepping back into Lizzy but with a happier sound.. that would be quite a smart followup

Direct the video. I wanna know more. I usually just see her in an ornate palace, or some place similar to Wuthering Heights, and have her just twirling around and mirroring her reflection in a rippling lake, snow would start to fall, and she somehow just ends up taking a drive to the beach before morning. 

I'd like for that to happen, her earlier work had such a soothing, tranquil sound to it and I think she's becoming more present with society in her music, so definitely her perspective has shifted a lot. I think that what happens next with her life, and how that sort of touches other people on a widely relative way, is how she'll start her next record. 

I hope she makes more of LFL tho, so much potential. 

UV/Honeymoon

Can Lana please have an actual video for Beautiful People? I was thinking somewhere along the lines of this (minus the dancing and body doubles)

https://youtu.be/-1pMMIe4hb4

Imagine that soft glow of lights, and smoke, Lana wearing white, Stevie, black. A band in the background, Lana sitting on a grand piano, while all the while the camera just rotates around them. Close shots to each verse, and fingers to the keys and arms to the drums. Backing vocals with a differently dressed Lana at another part of the stage like a twin, or triplets. As the song ends, the camera just backs away, to then Lana just closing her eyes and looking to the audience, Gatsby billboard style and then looks away and down montage style 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMO5Ko_77Hk

It needs to happen -- 

UV/Honeymoon

13 Playas is such a beautiful song  :poordat:  :xcry:

I need to listen SR (the demo)  :wowcry:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I hope you're joking my friend. In the current political/social US climate, admitting/saying she wrote a romantic song about a now well-known sexual abuser would be a really huge disaster and make all of her other controversies smaller in comparison. Not that that would be completely out of character for Lana, especially BTD/Paradise era Lana, but people would have a much harder time defending that as opposed to, say, the whole "I wish I was dead" thing, which could be understood through the lense of depression and such.

but she didn't know he was a sexual abuser at the time did she?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

what LfL song is being played in this gif

tenor.gif?itemid=5595140

A. Lust For Life

B. Lust For Lisa

C. Cherry

D. The bridge of White Mustang

E. My favorite song, must reply with correct song

F. In My Feelings

H. Summer Bummer

I. Coachella

J. Heroin

K. The gunshots in God Bless America

L. or Love

there is a correct answer n whoever gets it i'll paypal u some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

maybe

there is a cpreect answrr ! girlies !

tenor.gif?itemid=6237443

i see like four guesys come join in the fun honies !!!! ik y'all can have fun n be informed ! we'd all love u ! :welcome:  :party:  :dance:

what LfL song is being played in this gif

tenor.gif?itemid=5595140

The answer is E, it took 13 binches, to find a Beyoncé ready, but finally she's fine but mixed with a little bit of H. Bc her sophistication makes u want to quit the hood rat uve been dating, praying for that disgusting mouth of yours Kathy god bless

tumblr_ma2wylqFWZ1qgcra2o1_500.gif

UV/Honeymoon

The answer is E, it took 13 binches, to find a Beyoncé ready, but finally she's fine but mixed with a little bit of H. Bc her sophistication makes u want to quit the hood rat uve been dating, praying for that disgusting mouth of yours Kathy god bless

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma2wylqFWZ1qgcra2o1_500.gif

tenor.gif

good try though :creep: 

ya E was wrong 13B can ch0ke