Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

so what photoshoot in the blue sweater are y'all talkin abt..?

so what photoshoot in the blue sweater are y'all talkin abt..?

its not a photoshoot (well idk it may be) but its the one post on ig from Lana where she's staring at the ocean then at the camera and then she did a flip and suddenly the ocean is behind her and she's smiling.

whew! a concept!

???, ?????????

its not a photoshoot (well idk it may be) but its the one post on ig from Lana where she's staring at the ocean then at the camera and then she did a flip and suddenly the ocean is behind her and she's smiling.

whew! a concept!

I remember it... but not her sweater lol. :creep:

------

All of Lana's album give me summer vibes, but I love them so much that I listen to them all year 'round. :flutter: Especially UV, the first songs + Florida Kilos give me major heat shock vibes like that guitar makes me dizzy in a good way. :legend:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

whew! a concept!

yea i got no damn clue what y'all talkin bout

AKA - Winter

BTD - Spring

P - Summer

UV - Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn

HM - Spring/Summer

LFL - Summer

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Started as a post for the "magical moments on LFL" thread, but I can't make up my mind, so here's an appreciation post for every song on the album. :heart:

Love - honestly, the first tunes of that bass (?) gives me chills and takes me back to when I first heard the song. And when she sings "don't worry, baby" in the bridge, I really needed to hear those words when it was released and still brings me to tears sometimes. The humming in the background is amazing as well.

FLF - the whole instrumental is magical to me with those bells, when the marimba(?) starts the rhythm when the first verse starts ("'cause we're the masters of our own faaatee...")... the drums. And naturally the "whale" everyone heard when The Weeknd comes is. :creep: And the piano for the chorus... ugh. It's so pretty. Abel ends it beautifully.

13 Beaches - it wouldn't be a Lana album without the strings and it's done beautifully here. The quote at the start is clever. But the magic kicks in when she sings "that I've been dyyyyyiiiiinnnnggg for soooooommmmeeething reeaaalll". Wow. :deadbanana: Also, that UFO sound before "with the daisies, feeling hazy".

Cherry - the guitar intro is the star in the song. And the drum as well. It's at its peak when she goes "because I love you soooo muuchhh, I fall to piece-eh-eh-eh-eh-eesss" in her high tone. ♥ And I love for those "are ruined". ♥

White Mustang - still not a favorite song of mine, but her whistling at the end is my favorite part. Clean, chic and fresh. I could her her whistling my name forever.

Summer Bummer - still miss that humming we heard in the Youtube/Radio Beats1 version when the song starts, but I can't see where they would fit in in the final version. The overall haziness (is that a word?) in the background makes the song so... HOT. Like, being dizzy in a hot summer day hot. And I like their rapping. And then Siren Lana comes along and makes it smoking hot. Dayum.

Groupie Love - the overall lyric is so sweet but still not so innocent and I love several parts of the lyric. I love it when the "tongue clicks" comes in for the second part of the verses. Another dreamy song that is an instant Lana classic and I could jam to all summer. :flutter: And I love how the beat changes for the chorus - my mind was blown when I first heard it on the radio with you guys here on LB. It just makes me happy. Especially when Lana and Rocky both join in on "you and I - 'til the day we die".

IMF - another smoking hot Lana, instantly from the first second. It's like the music is just a big smoke cloud molding and changing shapes during the whole song. And I actually don't mind the trap beats, I think they suit the song very well. Love the piano for the second verse. And I LOVE how she sings playfully for the bridge. Up, down, up and then down again. :deadbanana:

Coachella - the lyrics are cute, it's like they're taking from her diary and reflect her view on the world today very well. I just wished the trap beat was scrapped.

GBA - love how the Spanish guitar starts and ends the song. I love the effects of gunshots, they sound very ironic in my ears. The way Lana sings "God Bless America" sounds like it came from an old radio, it's something in her voice. It's a beautiful song, and I really like how she ends it with "and all the beautiful people in it". Also appreciate the background vocals in a higher note that we still can't really figure out, how it mixes with the final chorus. And then it ends with a kinda spooky sound...

WTWWAW - ... and the next song starts perfectly. A simple submarine beat is all that's needed for Lana to focus all on her and the song. I love the line "boys, don't make too much noise and don't try to be funny, other people may not understand". Too bad they didn't include "we just want the fucking truth... told by the fake news" in louder audio. It's very important these days. Love it when the beat drops for the last chorus too.

BPBP - a beautiful song. Two beautiful voices. Everything in this is magical, from start to end. Love the playful guitar during the humming part.

TNC - same goes for this song. I never drink coffee but I somehow imagine this being played a rainy day in a coffee shop. It's so beautiful. It'll take many years before I get bored of this one, if ever.

Heroin - the Ultraviolence baby we all wished for. Cold, empty, the feeling of being alone in a big world. Chaos. A wish for things to be better. The first beat right before the first line of the chorus hits me right in the chest and takes me up to the stars and the moon and I don't want to get down again. I want to stay up there and just enjoy the song and not think of anything else for a while. Lana's layered voice at the end is everything, it's like all of her inner voices finally come together and wants the same thing. Finally.

Change - sooo glad she made this and had time to include it with the album. If Yosemite was too happy to be included, this song is something in between happiness and melancholy. Something's about to change, we're ready for a change and leave the dark past behind us, but we're not hoping for too much. This song is a masterpiece and the piano is enough to keep me interested through the whole song. Lana and the piano. That's all.

Get Free - I can't think of a better song to end with. It's like a continuation of Change and... I'm at a loss for words. She took us to heaven, her beach, again. And there we can all be free.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

AKA - Winter

BTD - Spring

P - Summer

UV - Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn

HM - Spring/Summer

LFL - Summer

i love how your impressions are chronological, so hopefully the next record should have an autumn/winter feel so it doesn't break your cycle? :) 

Update on my album rankings. Judged by the albums as a whole. - As if any of ya'll even care

UV > HM/LFL  > P > AKA > BTD

LFL is definitely an incredible album.

Daily reminder that Heroin is one of the best songs in her discography and that Tomorrow Never Came is what we all NEEDED and DESERVED 

and that Yosemite was #robbed and i don't wanna hear any of y'alls bullshit about how it could suck or not worth bc baby u wasn't asked

Daily reminder that Heroin is one of the best songs in her discography and that Tomorrow Never Came is what we all NEEDED and DESERVED 

and that Yosemite was #robbed and i don't wanna hear any of y'alls bullshit about how it could suck or not worth bc baby u wasn't asked

honey get a grip

giphy.gif

Daily reminder that Change is one of the best songs in her discography and that Love is what we all NEEDED and DESERVED 

and that Life is Beautiful was #robbed and i don't wanna hear any of y'alls bullshit about how it could suck or not worth bc baby u wasn't asked

BPBP has better lyrics than some songs of LFL being sincere  :oprah3:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

This will sound presumably weird, but I can't listen to certain music during certain seasons.. 

Like I love every single lana song, but Ultraviolence and Lust For Life came out in the summer and I relate a lot of memories to those songs in those seasons.

Born to die is a very winter-chilling album for me so I relate it to the winter if that makes sense. 

And Honeymoon is like a winter album too for me. 

So I haven't really listened to LFL or UV in a few weeks. 

But some songs are exceptions like TNC, Flipside, and Lust for Life

(For me, and I listen to them in any season obviously but in my head they're best linked in my mind to:) 

AKA - night album, no specific season

BTD - mainly winter because of the NYC-sound

Paradise - summer but like, mild heat

Ultraviolence - hot summer night

Honeymoon - mid summer day, on a really warm and humid day

LfL - late spring 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

WHY ARE WE HAVING THE SEASONS DEBATE ABOUT THE ALBUMS AGAIN

We live from that tenor.gif?itemid=6231587

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

honey get a grip

Daily reminder that Change is one of the best songs in her discography and that Love is what we all NEEDED and DESERVED 

and that Life is Beautiful was #robbed and i don't wanna hear any of y'alls bullshit about how it could suck or not worth bc baby u wasn't asked

telling me to get a grip while still trying to campaign for Life is Beautiful 

CiE9xmOXEAAC1qG.jpg

telling me to get a grip while still trying to campaign for Life is Beautiful 

CiE9xmOXEAAC1qG.jpg

The story of Yosemite

9wE8O.gif

The story of Yosemite

9wE8O.gif

a519d18c112caafe64959c3515e4897a-fabulou

the true story of THAT bitch Yosemite!