Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

255 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I think she said that both Yosemite and TNC had a "desertic" folk sound. I've been imagining Yosemite as a combination of WTWWAW's verses and TNC. 

I've been thinking, what place did BAR and Yosemite had on LFL? Since BAR is sonically similar to 13 Beaches, it could've been something like 2. Lust For Life (ft. TW) 3. Yosemite. 4. Best American Record and 5. 13 Beaches. And she did complain one time about LFL and Yos being very different sonically... guess we'll never know. 

I guess this thread's silence makes me overthink stuff  :toofunny: I should definetely get over Yosemite given that we're not getting it in a while tbh...

i personally see BAR between 13B and WM, somewhere in front, in between, or right after- and Yosemite on the back half by the more stripped back songs of TNC and Change. Also due to them being brother/sister tracks i could honestly see them being linked in their position,

like if BAR was right after 13B at #4, Yosemite would be four places up from the bottom coming right after TNC and right before Heroin, that type of thing

and don't fret sweetie it's never a time to get over Yosemite she's still living and breathing...:hooker: :hottie:

i hope...:crai:

I'm low-key torn on the album's aesthetic. I love it because it's so diverse, but I feel like cohesiveness was part of what made Lana's aesthetic kind of shine, if that makes sense.

BTD, Paradise, UV and HM had imagery that fit the music, but with LFL, the earthy, 70's flower child look that best suits the songs,  Love, 13 Beaches, Coachella, GBA, WTWWAWWKD, BPBP, Tomorrow Never Came, Heroin, and even Change, clashes with the 60's girl group look for the title track and Get Free (although the latter could fit the album cover's  aesthetic). And then there are bops (which are the best tbh) like Cherry, WM, SB, GL, IMF that suit Lana's adidas phase. And then there's the sci-fi witchy and space theme. 

Don't get me wrong, I love how varied the imagery is, and how she uses different looks and visuals to tell the stories of various songs on the record, but I feel like Lana always incorporated imagery that would represent the album as a whole story. I guess she did that because either she herself was not sure what she wanted the record to be ("Lost for Life") or maybe because this record touches on themes that are bigger than herself, politically and globally speaking, she wanted to represent different sides of herself.

I don't know, I'm just very interested in the psychology behind all this imagery that seems random on the surface but must have deeper connections to one another. It's Lana, we're talking about. Abstract, over-analysis is expected. 

i personally see BAR between 13B and WM, somewhere in front, in between, or right after- and Yosemite on the back half by the more stripped back songs of TNC and Change. Also due to them being brother/sister tracks i could honestly see them being linked in their position,

like if BAR was right after 13B at #4, Yosemite would be four places up from the bottom coming right after TNC and right before Heroin, that type of thing

and don't fret sweetie it's never a time to get over Yosemite she's still living and breathing... :hooker: :hottie:

i hope... :crai:

Hmm I can't imagine the happiest song on the record next to the saddest one tbh. Since it's one of Lana's favorite it would make sense if she placed it as one of the first songs (it could make the happy trio with Love and LFL), and then the dramatic ones (BAR, 13 B, Cherry and WM), but again, we'll never know.

Lmao these "male versions" of Lana songs are kinda funny 

Lana's "male" voice sounds like a weird version of Hozier's voice. Sean sounds so fucking funny :lmao:

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

this is what i hear during sleep paralysis

i like the idea of having it with LfL and Love, making it the more positive few, im purely basing my positions off the sound- putting acoustic with acoustic and 13B instrumental reminds me the most of BAR's, but i feel like your idea is probably the more realistic

I'm low-key torn on the album's aesthetic. I love it because it's so diverse, but I feel like cohesiveness was part of what made Lana's aesthetic kind of shine, if that makes sense.

BTD, Paradise, UV and HM had imagery that fit the music, but with LFL, the earthy, 70's flower child look that best suits the songs,  Love, 13 Beaches, Coachella, GBA, WTWWAWWKD, BPBP, Tomorrow Never Came, Heroin, and even Change, clashes with the 60's girl group look for the title track and Get Free (although the latter could fit the album cover's  aesthetic). And then there are bops (which are the best tbh) like Cherry, WM, SB, GL, IMF that suit Lana's adidas phase. And then there's the sci-fi witchy and space theme. 

Don't get me wrong, I love how varied the imagery is, and how she uses different looks and visuals to tell the stories of various songs on the record, but I feel like Lana always incorporated imagery that would represent the album as a whole story. I guess she did that because either she herself was not sure what she wanted the record to be ("Lost for Life") or maybe because this record touches on themes that are bigger than herself, politically and globally speaking, she wanted to represent different sides of herself.

I don't know, I'm just very interested in the psychology behind all this imagery that seems random on the surface but must have deeper connections to one another. It's Lana, we're talking about. Abstract, over-analysis is expected. 

can't believe lana is criticizing her own album theme

or maybe because this record touches on themes that are bigger than herself, politically and globally speaking, she wanted to represent different sides of herself.

This is a very good way of looking at it

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e