Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

252 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Every time some kind of major wave of violence makes its way through the news, Coachella just grows more and more meaningful. What the hell. Started listening to Yes To Heaven, and my god. She doesn't have to create specific tracks so overtly regarding politics, Love does just that, and LFL, from a more humanistic pov.

Yes to Heaven's newly emerged version does that too. That's a new kind of heartbreak right there. 

UV/Honeymoon

all of her albums have aged beautifully, but i feel like many songs on LFL won't age well like Groupie Love and IMF

Groupie Love is fine. IMF has already lost its magic to me tbh.

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

The imf instrumental is a million times better than the actual song

It's completely haunting and dark - the piano keys?? That burst of string?? The intermittent buzz?? Those screams at the end of each verse? The bridge is incredible

The way it carries itself ahhhh if I had listened to the instrumental before the song itself I would never imagine it to end up so mediocre

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

none of the songs are even overly political 

like...you guys are so dramatic. 

i also dont know why everyone tries to label her albums with genres. each album is obviously pop with elements of a bunch of different genres sprinkled in. calling it "alternative" is so stupid because that isnt even a genre of music. 

i also dont know why everyone tries to label her albums with genres. each album is obviously pop with elements of a bunch of different genres sprinkled in. calling it "alternative" is so stupid because that isnt even a genre of music. 

For me alternative is more real than "pop". Anything can be pop nowadays tbh

It's completely haunting and dark - the piano keys?? That burst of string?? The intermittent buzz?? The way it carries itself ahhhh if I had listened to the instrumental before the song itself I would never imagine it to end up so mediocre

I was thinking the same thing I honestly don't know what went wrong there the lyrics are not that bad

If I may predict the sound for the next album, even though we have nothing to base my predictions on... I think it will sound more upbeat and have more pop songs that are cool like a breeze on a hot summer day. Maybe the trap beats will still be there since they're in both HM and LFL.

She's been recording songs with Rocky, so it's not impossible if she has another hip hop inspired song again. With or without collabs. She's worked with The Weeknd and BORNS, both with pop sounds, and likes Ariana Grande who also have a pop sound. Lana seems to be happier these days and more confident, so I wouldn't be surprised if her next album (album, not EP or some kind of extension of LFL) would go back to something alike BTD.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

If I may predict the sound for the next album, even though we have nothing to base my predictions on... I think it will sound more upbeat and have more pop songs that are cool like a breeze on a hot summer day. Maybe the trap beats will still be there since they're in both HM and LFL.

She's been recording songs with Rocky, so it's not impossible if she has another hip hop inspired song again. With or without collabs. She's worked with The Weeknd and BORNS, both with pop sounds, and likes Ariana Grande who also have a pop sound. Lana seems to be happier these days and more confident, so I wouldn't be surprised if her next album (album, not EP or some kind of extension of LFL) would go back to something alike BTD.

judging by her tour clothes the new york sound will be back lol 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

For me alternative is more real than "pop". Anything can be pop nowadays tbh

neither are real good descriptions. like sure they can broadly classify music but theres so many subgenres. like nothing is just "alternative" or "pop" 

and also its so funny how this forum automatically equates pop with bad/less artistic/cheap 

It's completely haunting and dark - the piano keys?? That burst of string?? The intermittent buzz?? Those screams at the end of each verse? The bridge is incredible

The way it carries itself ahhhh if I had listened to the instrumental before the song itself I would never imagine it to end up so mediocre

The instrumental is really great but her vocals in this song are amazing and the best thing of the song, she really did THAT

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

uh we're not trying to label her albums we're just discussing the many elements of different genres in her music. and UV isn't a mainly pop album, not at all. same with LDR AKA LG.

I usually don't make cover arts (well, I really never do), but I made this cover for GBA because I love it, and the result made me happy so I'm sharing it

QJdoU6j.jpg

You're doing amazing sweetie

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend: