Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

255 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

“But that's been a really good lesson for me, because I think when I was younger I thought, "I'm not going to edit my own music. This is just what came out." And now I'm like, "What the hell am I doing? I'm not gonna say that."

The fact that she has now stoopped writing certain lyrics just because of what others might say is.. sad

it's sad but acceptable..

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

“But that's been a really good lesson for me, because I think when I was younger I thought, "I'm not going to edit my own music. This is just what came out." And now I'm like, "What the hell am I doing? I'm not gonna say that."

The fact that she has now stopped writing certain lyrics just because of what others might say is.. sad

Kind of tragic because her lack of filter and how unashamed/honest she was with her lyrics is what made me love her music.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

It also sounds like she intends to keep writing less autobiographical music, which I was hoping would just be a phase. Not that she wouldn't run out of stories at some point (or become less interesting when she has babies and settles and shit)... Still the personal songs are what distinguished her. GBA and WTWWATWJKDMBJBJGFHFGH878$ just didn't do it for me as much as White Mustang/get free/heroin etc. 

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

Kind of tragic because her lack of filter and how unashamed/honest she was with her lyrics is what made me love her music.

Same! It sucks that an artist has to censure themselves like that just because of how harsh critics can be

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

It also sounds like she intends to keep writing less autobiographical music, which I was hoping would just be a phase. Not that she wouldn't run out of stories at some point (or become less interesting when she has babies and settles and shit)... Still the personal songs are what distinguished her. GBA and WTWWATWJKDMBJBJGFHFGH878$ just didn't do it for me as much as White Mustang/get free/heroin etc. 

well my personal opinion is that Lana will continue writing personal songs..writing songs it's her life,it's what she knows and does the best, she lives through her music..but I guess she will make more careful choices for her albums so they may stay forever unreleased

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I think she's referring to songs like Ultraviolence with controversial lyrics. I actually think she's still trying to write personal/autobiographical stuff. Heroin, as we found out, is quite literal. I remember her saying that she admired how open and honest Jhene Aiko was in her songs and it sounds like she got really inspired by that. These political tracks were probably a one time thing due to Trump and all the shit that went down in 2017. But yeah, the filter really kills the storytelling a bit. We want all the details queen :poordat:

Something I've been thinking about:

The "13 Beaches" chorus reminds me SO MUCH of Dido! The melody, the key, the instrumental too.

And Rick Nowels has also worked with her. So I thought that's interesting.

Does anyone remember Dido?

And has anyone else noticed that?? Or am I just imagining that?

The "13 Beaches" chorus reminds me SO MUCH of Dido! The melody, the key, the instrumental too.

Are you talking about an specific Dido song? Which one?

Now that we have the instrumentals this era can die or this died faster than HM lol

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

That song has always reminded me of Dido. Yes I remember her, love her. I still listen to her old stuff every now and then. I never knew Rick had worked with her until I listened to 13 Beaches and that just blew my mind. Either way glad I’m not the only one who thought that!

Now that we have the instrumentals this era can die or this died faster than HM lol

not when wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww instrumental is still missing

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

BBC Live performance of Cherry> Studio

Wasn't that the performance where we couldn't even hear her voice lol

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Wasn't that the performance where we couldn't even hear her voice lol

Yeah..im talking about instrumental wise. Like theres so much more going on in that live instrumental than there is in the studio version

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend: