Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

252 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Sad to say but I feel like LFL could easily be her last "major" era. I think albums from here on, or at least after the next album, will have much more smaller releases. She's past her peak as a major label act, doesn't like promo and seems much more comfortable with smaller releases like HM where she can just put out the music and leave it at that. I doubt she's going to keep the pop sound and try to get some momentum going, which I can respect. Quality of the music matters more than anything else at this point in her career. I really need another HM-like record with more strings :trisha:

Edit: I just realized that I probably made posts like these at least 80 times. We really do have nothing to talk about now huh :eartha2:

I agree, I think if this is the route she decides to take it will really help solidify her status as a legendary ICON  :pray2:

giphy.gif  

Sad to say but I feel like LFL could easily be her last "major" era. I think albums from here on, or at least after the next album, will have much more smaller releases. She's past her peak as a major label act, doesn't like promo and seems much more comfortable with smaller releases like HM where she can just put out the music and leave it at that. I doubt she's going to keep the pop sound and try to get some momentum going, which I can respect. Quality of the music matters more than anything else at this point in her career. I really need another HM-like record with more strings :trisha:

Edit: I just realized that I probably made posts like these at least 80 times. We really do have nothing to talk about now huh :eartha2:

I totally agree and I wish she could focus on her music and only on it

She could do a radio hit tho..I mean not every radio hit is trash.

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Most of the names of the artists on that list supposedly naming folk singer, are NOT folk singers

​Some are singer-songwriters

Some are protest singers of different eras

​Pete Seeger is the best example of a folk singer, so would Woody Guthrie, Odetta, Joan Baez, and 100s of lesser known artists who

​never had a mainstream hit (Leonard Cohen would be a poet, who played the folk clubs and poetry clubs)

​An acoustic guitar or a piano is a must for a folk singer

​Dylan stopped being one when he went electric

​to be a true folk singer, one has to be truly political. It goes together 

​Lana qualifies as a folk singer because folk singers stand at the mic and sing and the emphasis is on the music/lyrics and not on a show

​She is a poet first

​I myself would be happy with a new album of 19 songs like Coachella (which is a folk song)

​Bruce could be considered folk in his solo guitar only albums (Ghost of Tom Joad, etc.) But obviously the E-Street Band albums/stuff is most certainly not folk

​People like Lana, Bruce, (and Elton too going to the progressive rock argument) are in a way penalized in that they are so big, and have 

​many styles, yet, anyone who says Elton was not a progressive rocker who knows his Paul Buckmaster produced albums is lying.

​Great thing about the 1960s was radio played everything in their Top 14 (in NYC) and Top 20 in other cities, listen for a few hours

​and you got 14 different styles of music all played one after another.

Trouble is the assholes in radio (and curators now)don't think people will tolerate it

​(like the anti-female program directors in rock and country who refuse to play 2 women in a row (possibly it's 10 to 1) because they won't tolerate it

​(Or Bruno Mars at the Grammy's putting down any political or slow song (how many here must love Bruno as they do the same thing)

​and don't want to hear a slow song?

​Meanwhile, on Lust for Life, Elizabeth gave the world an album in 2017 that was akin to the greatest work Brian Wilson & the Wrecking Crew

​or the Beatles/George Martin creations from Sgt Pepper onward

​But again, yes I would be happy with a new album of 19 Coachella type songs. 

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Tbh I think Lana has already made her mark in the industry so it wouldn't be too crazy if she never has a big release again. People know who she is, she's had hits, she's still in the Billboards etc.

Maybe she wants to slow things down now and make the music she used to before she became Lana Del Rey. Of course, we don't know for sure and this is just speculation, but I would like to see some May Jailer influences in the next releases.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

It would make me sad if she doesn't have a big era again, but only bc it's so much fun and the forum is hella exciting and crazy. Although, I do agree that she has made her mark and that it wouldn't be a bad thing if she focuses on the music.

However, Its hard for me to imagine Lana making music without incorporating ideas for amazing visuals, etc. I feel like it's kind of automatic for her. Like, imagine her making lust for life without doing vintage visuals and girl group stuff. It would be a bit less iconic in terms of standing out. Her music always has a certain imagery attached to it. So that each album stands on it's own and is identifiable in that way.

BTD : Glamour, tragic love, Americana

Paradise: Tropico speaks for itself

HM: Noir Film Filters , Flowers, Orange Sunshine and Old Hollywood

UV:Black and White, Fire, New York and Los Angeles

LFL: Hollywood, 60s girl group, Fame, War and Politics, The Future of America, Beaches

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

​But again, yes I would be happy with a new album of 19 Coachella type songs. 

rob at it again w them good jokes

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I don't think it was, because Lana said in the Beats Radio 1 interview with Zane Lowe that Summer Bummer was done after Groupie Love, and Groupie Love was originally a solo track most likely done in 2016, until Rocky jumped on it a few months later (assuming this since in June 2016, we had new polaroids of Lana and Rocky together), and I'm only speculating, but it sounds like Summer Bummer was done with the extension of the record: Cherry, WM, IMF, CWIMM, and Change. Playboi Carti's ad-libs which are sampled from his song "Magnolia" are also on SB, and Magnolia wasn't released until April 2017. Of course, the release of the song doesn't have to match with SB's, but in this case I think it might.   :)

didn't she say that she called rocky into the studio to do a verse for groupie love and then during one of the booked recording sessions where they were hanging out in the studio sb happened.

i haven't seen the video with the baby yet but even if it was groupie love doesn't mean it's the groupie love we got. lfl was like the first song to be written for the record but it took a long time to finish it. gc could have been rewritten in the same way. 

i76mrxw.png 

didn't she say that she called rocky into the studio to do a verse for groupie love and then during one of the booked recording sessions where they were hanging out in the studio sb happened.

i haven't seen the video with the baby yet but even if it was groupie love doesn't mean it's the groupie love we got. lfl was like the first song to be written for the record but it took a long time to finish it. gc could have been rewritten in the same way. 

I'm not sure, actually. I thought she said she just played Rocky's producer Groupie Love, and he thought Rocky would love it, so Rocky came down and did his verse, and then she said Summer Bummer happened after that. Either way, we don't know for sure, so really anything could have happened.

The video with the baby had God Bless America playing actually :)

And good point with LFL being written earlier! 

noo I really don't want Lana to stop doing big eras. (Although LFL wasn't even that big of an era it had no promo it only had good budget videos lmao) she should keep doing big eras so no one forgets about legend Del Rey and will always be remembered as the bitch with her first album always in the BB 200.

Also I was thinking what if we had a summertime sadness remix fiasco part 2. Before y'all yell at me, this time without cedric grevais and instead with Lana choosing the type of remix, and then have it sent to radios and do a second video for the song. I created a really cheesy concept earlier for love, the remix would be called disco on the moon remix :creep: , and would be upbeat and have a disco inspired sound. The video would be on the same moon set of the Love video but instead have a party on it with Lana dancing in the middle of it

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Lana followed Tame Impala on Instagram omfg you have no idea how badly I've wanted her and Kevin to work together

she has also followed Jack Antonoff and he followed back is she finally experimenting :icant:

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Lana followed Tame Impala on Instagram omfg you have no idea how badly I've wanted her and Kevin to work together

A collaboration between them would be orgasmic :cumming: 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***