Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

"My mother died last year"

"I'm sorry"

:hdu:

I can't blame her but damn

That was so annoying, it's like what do you want Lana to do about it.. all it does is probably make her uncomfortable

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

That was so annoying, it's like what do you want Lana to do about it.. all it does is probably make her uncomfortable

I was expecting her to say shit like "I'm glad I helped" or something cause that's probably what the point of that confession was but no wonder she couldn't care with all of them pushing her around

Either way sad

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I was expecting her to say shit like "I'm glad I helped" or something cause that's probably what the point of that confession was but no wonder she couldn't care with all of them pushing her around

Either way sad

i mean there's a time and a place for everything, but that just wasn't one of them lmao

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

She only tried to tell Lana that her music helped her after her mom passed away... this was probably her only chance to let Lana know how much she appreciates her music, but yeah, the timing and atmosphere wasn't exactly great with the mob(?) and all.

Either way sad

I think Lana didn't really have peace in her mind to come up with something better than that, but I think she would have if it wasn't to chaotic.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

ehhh no. the groupie love instrumenal is only a bit better than the coachella one

you have no taste WBK

jk

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

God bless America

And all the beautiful women in it

May they stand proud and strong

Like Lady Liberty shining all night long

She did that

grybx.gif

she has such a bad bitch walk like DAMN MA . she just got that im THAT bitch vibe to her . ugh i love her . i love when people recognize im a Lana fan cause i know they know Lana is a bad bitch . 

giphy.gif

“Songs like "Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems," which features the inimitable Stevie Nicks, showcase Lana's acute ability to get complex emotions across using simple words and phrases - painting these magnificent landscapes of words and thoughts.

The song, along with "The Good Life," was originally written and submitted for placement consideration on the Big Eyes soundtrack back in 2014 (sans Stevie, and with some very different - and much darker - lyrics.)

Red is the color of your mouth when you drink rum punch.

You like to lay in yellow sun.  

And red are the color of your eyes when you drink too much.

You pack your place, you pack a punch.

:rip:

The way that Lana has totally changed the message of "Beautiful People" is further evidence of her self-proclaimed move "into the blue."  She took a song about an unhealthy relationship with an alcoholic and turned it into something beautiful - a longing for simpler joys and a beautiful world.”

https://www.tyrannosaurus.co/news/2018/3/21/lustforlife

fcr75y.jpg

“Songs like "Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems," which features the inimitable Stevie Nicks, showcase Lana's acute ability to get complex emotions across using simple words and phrases - painting these magnificent landscapes of words and thoughts.

The song, along with "The Good Life," was originally written and submitted for placement consideration on the Big Eyes soundtrack back in 2014 (sans Stevie, and with some very different - and much darker - lyrics.)

Red is the color of your mouth when you drink rum punch.

You like to lay in yellow sun.  

And red are the color of your eyes when you drink too much.

You pack your place, you pack a punch.

:rip:

The way that Lana has totally changed the message of "Beautiful People" is further evidence of her self-proclaimed move "into the blue."  She took a song about an unhealthy relationship with an alcoholic and turned it into something beautiful - a longing for simpler joys and a beautiful world.”

this sounds like Is This Happiness 2.0  :defeated:

sgopYhV.gif

this sounds like Is This Happiness 2.0 :defeated:

Sylvia will be snatching that title when she’s released (or leaked)

grybx.gif

I’m really curious as to whether or not there’s any truth to that article. I remember Lana saying that Beautiful People/LFL were the first two songs she wrote after she finished Honeymoon. She also uploaded that selfie with Justin Parker in November 2015 and I think Beautiful People was registered that same month. All signs point to it being written in 2015 but that’s such a weird thing for a journalist to lie about. It also says that there’s another unreleased song titled “The Good Life” :magikarp: