Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

255 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Yeah those songs are popular but i was thinking of more iconic lines that everyone seems to know, im not sure if UV or HM have any, maybe FMWUTTT

well her fanbase and random listeners would definitely recognise the "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" mess 

i76mrxw.png 

The Heroin bridge is hypnotic. Definitely one of the best songs on LFL.

I know! I feel like I’m supposed to be watching an eclipse or something when I listen to it.

The final note of Heroin reminds me of what the planetarium sounds like. I don't know, I just think of the sun beaming from outer space when that final note, on whatever instrument it is, ends the song.

It's a masterpiece; my personal favourite on LFL!

i'm sorry i love heroin and i think its a good song but it doesn't deserve all the hype it gets

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

As a whole, it’s because of fillers, weak lyrics/melodies/song structures, diluted themes, generic production, etc. but it still has some of her best lyrics/songs as well

its this what people said about Honeymoon but now its like one of her best?

fillers?

yall what

xMcVPI7.jpg

the only difference is honeymoon is a skinny masterpiece and lust for life is a slightly chubby masterpiece

the only difference is honeymoon is a skinny masterpiece and lust for life is a slightly chubby masterpiece

ms lust for life has a bit of a belly and some child bearing hips but we love a thick and human legend

not everybody can be cigarette and vegetable-pasta diet skinny like UV or mariah skinny like HM 

its this what people said about Honeymoon but now its like one of her best?

fillers?

yall what

Talent was given where talent was due

tenor.gif

I don't hate LFL anymore though. Even Coachella is a bop. I don't know if it's because I genuinely like it or because I listen to it at least 30 times a day but she's here to stay.

tenor.gif

(With that being said, I still hope the production on LDR6 strays far, far away from LFL's sound :flop:)

ms lust for life has a bit of a belly and some child bearing hips but we love a thick and human legend

not everybody can be cigarette and vegetable-pasta diet skinny like UV or mariah skinny like HM 

True, born to die is the rosie o'donnell of lana albums

The production is anything but generic. Just look at the LFL instrumental. It’s such a complex, heavily detailed song, consisting of so many different layers.

The only thing you could call generic is the implementation of trap beats and heavy beats in general. Nevertheless, personally, I think they implemented them very decently and carefully in order to avoid creating the basic sound you get nowadays.

The only thing I don’t like about the production is it’s too inconsistent, whereas Honeymoon sounds like one piece of work, from beginning to end.

Lyrically, it’s different from her previous work. It’s interesting to see how she captures the world and what’s happening right in front of her (especially Love, CWIMM).

Frankly, I hope that she will continue to write about politics. It’s refreshing to hear her point of view, even though I don’t want her to stop writing about the things Lana Del Rey is known for being Lana Del Rey.

Overall, I’m very content with this album. Let’s not forget that this bitch manages to deliver a masterpiece after masterpiece. There are only a few artists that manage to do that.

Y’all all ungrateful little heaux should be kissing her feet for blessing us with her talent, lol.

❤️

lust for life is a good album and my question still stands

why did everyone flip on honeymoon once L4L came out?

once LDR6 comes out yall better keep your opinions 

xMcVPI7.jpg

lust for life is a good album and my question still stands

why did everyone flip on honeymoon once L4L came out?

once LDR6 comes out yall better keep your opinions

I don't think anyone flipped all of a sudden because before the LFL era started I remember seeing alot of gradual praise of Honeymoon and I think it was because we needed time for the album to grow on us and maybe lust for life also needs time to grow on the people who don't like it as much as Lana's other albums.

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

The production is anything but generic. Just look at the LFL instrumental. It’s such a complex, heavily detailed song, consisting of so many different layers.

The only thing you could call generic is the implementation of trap beats and heavy beats in general. Nevertheless, personally, I think they implemented them very decently and carefully in order to avoid creating the basic sound you get nowadays.

The only thing I don’t like about the production is it’s too inconsistent, whereas Honeymoon sounds like one piece of work, from beginning to end.

Lyrically, it’s different from her previous work. It’s interesting to see how she captures the world and what’s happening right in front of her (especially Love, CWIMM).

Frankly, I hope that she will continue to write about politics. It’s refreshing to hear her point of view, even though I don’t want her to stop writing about the things Lana Del Rey is known for being Lana Del Rey.

Overall, I’m very content with this album. Let’s not forget that this bitch manages to deliver a masterpiece after masterpiece. There are only a few artists that manage to do that.

Y’all all ungrateful little heaux should be kissing her feet for blessing us with her talent, lol.

❤️

Ms Cashcomesquick always has the tea.... drink up ladies...