Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

the only songs that haven't aged well is LFL, BPBP, IMF, and Summer Bummber (that also sucked from the start) -

the rest are complete classics

Fixedt

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

the only songs that haven't aged well is LFL, BPBP, IMF, Coachella (but that sucked from the start) WWWWWWW, GBA and TNC (that also sucked from the start) -

the rest are complete classics

Girl I'm gonna sue you, bitch

You’re so ambitious to become the most tasteless member on LB

The political tracks are and always will be trash :derpna:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Recently I've been listening a lot to songs like In My Feelings, probably cuz I ignored it's existence from my head.  I think LFL will be great record to revisit time after time and listen to different songs. Sometimes you will be heroin and sometimes you will be in my feelings...

I'm looking forward this next one because I feel it will be... really like the step forward on her "hunt for happiness" and she just travelled across the whole world while touring... I have like 2 concepts:

1. She's really happy with all the experiences from across the globe 

2. She's exausthed and that will be reflected on music and how torturing it was to be touring for months

@@Terrence Loves Me  post 16136

So, even if you personally hate 12 of the 16 songs, guess what

that means you love 4 songs from the album, which is 3 more than most people usually care about 100% of every other artist

in existence. 

(for example- I am still waiting for the 2nd great song from Joan Osborne (What if God was one of us is perhaps the best female solo single of the 1990s along with What's Going on by a band, 4 Non-Blondes) and​ a 3rd great song from the legendary Christina Perri

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@Graham4anything

sis i dont hate 12 tracks, i only dislike the political ones and some of the collabs, which are Coachella, BPBP, TNC, WWWWWW and GBA (which isnt that bad but its political anyway so snooooooze)

no summer bopper slander please

It isn’t slander if it’s true tho. I stan So Good but S****r B****r is garbage

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Summer Bummer is not an iconic pop song, but it's better than the weak attempts at bops that Honeymoon had on it

reported. thank you.

one thing - I was thinking about how much I really liked Coachella and Summer Bummer when they came out, but hearing them on the album made not like them as much. It would have been such a power move for Lana to just not put them on the album, and maybe do a 45 for GL and SB.