Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

255 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

It's as cute as her other silly fun songs, but it didn't deserve a place on the album imo.

i agree summer bummer and groupie love should have been stand alone songs, lfl would have been more cohesive without them 

It's as cute as her other silly fun songs, but it didn't deserve a place on the album imo.

Honestly I see Groupie Love and Lust for Life as two sides of the same coin rather than Summer Bummer and Groupie Love. Lust for Life sounds like the aftermath of Groupie Love thematically. If anything, I think Cherry and Summer Bummer should've been standalone singles. I still find Cherry rather awkward on LFL because of how melodramatic it is. A cute and fun track but really shouldn't have made the cut (along with WM).

Honestly I see Groupie Love and Lust for Life as two sides of the same coin rather than Summer Bummer and Groupie Love. Lust for Life sounds like the aftermath of Groupie Love thematically. If anything, I think Cherry and Summer Bummer should've been standalone singles. I still find Cherry rather awkward on LFL because of how melodramatic it is. A cute and fun track but really shouldn't have made the cut (along with WM).

I'm starting to think of this album as more of a compilation of songs that Lana came up with, with a new perspective (which isn't on all but is present on quite a few of the songs) rather than a concept album like born to die or honeymoon.

This album really doesn't deserve the hate it gets, it's one of my all time favorite albums and I really don't see it as a lot worse than the rest of Lana's discography

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

coachella - woodstock in my mind doesn't deserve all the slander it gets. it's one of the best songs on the album 

your mind...

giphy.gif

I think Lana made Lust for Life non cohesive on purpose. It was supposed to mirror the craziness of life. All the emotions you go through to get to the place you want to be at (Get Free). From struggling with losing love (13 Beaches) to looking back at old memories that changed her life (White Mustang) to the small joys of life and the summer (Summer Bummer/Groupie Love) to dealing with fuckboys (In My Feelings) and so on.... her life is a rollercoaster and i think she intentionally made LFL messy because thats what life is

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I think Lana made Lust for Life non cohesive on purpose. It was supposed to mirror the craziness of life. All the emotions you go through to get to the place you want to be at (Get Free). From struggling with losing love (13 Beaches) to looking back at old memories that changed her life (White Mustang) to the small joys of life and the summer (Summer Bummer/Groupie Love) to dealing with fuckboys (In My Feelings) and so on.... her life is a rollercoaster and i think she intentionally made LFL messy because thats what life is

Best analysis of the album I've heard. Wow. I agree 100%

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

2m5fia1.gif

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

giphy.gif

wow

I've never experienced something as good as listening to this

this song's definitely the most underrated on this album

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m