Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

This album did not age well. I don't really listen to the songs on it anymore, which makes me sad because I quite liked it at first.

the only songs i hardly ever listen to are the political songs, and that isn't bitterness because they're political, they're genuinly bad songs

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I'm so glad to finally see other people realise how bad of a song TNC truly is. I remember getting slandered into oblivion for being one of the first to call it out (along with @@hornymoon and @SGF ), we've gained so much more members since then! Well done guys. Together we WILL defeat the evil that is sean lennon :pray2: :lange: :illumilana:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I hate how theoretical Sean's voice sounds. He doesn't sound natural at all. I really do like how current and in the moment Coachella sounds, and I would consider it a favorite if it had stayed an one off single. I think Lust For Life (the song) was changed from being a Bladerunner-esqe song to a generic pop track so it could get radio airtime in the states. I kind of feel the same about Summer Bummer, even though I think Groupie Love sounds more radio friendly and better over all. Also I feel like When the World Was at War was thrown on there so Lana wouldn't have dragged for staying apolitical. 

Saying all of this; it's not like LFL isn't filled to the brim with amazing songs. One bad track doesn't makes a bad album, or even make an album unimportant. So many influence artist have entire decades of bad music, and are still considered iconic. Heroin, Change, and Get Free are land markers in her career. White Mustang and Cherry are the best true blooded pop songs she's recorded since Kinda Outta Luck and You Can Be The Boss. Love is up there with Ride, Video Games, and Shades of Cool for my favorite singles. She collaborated with Stevie Nicks on this album; STEVIE NICKS. 

I really don't think Lana gets the credit she deserves from music publications or websites like rateyourmusic. She's something special.

tl;dr - I love Lana Del Rey

I can't remember when was the last time I listened to something else from the record than Cherry, White Mustang, Heroin or Get Free. Overall I liked this album a lot when it came out but I completely forgot about it after a while which is unfortunate. Maybe I'll listen to it in full on July 21st  :erm:

Edit: Oh yeah +13 Beaches

I can't remember when was the last time I listened to something else from the record than Cherry, White Mustang, Heroin or Get Free. Overall I liked this album a lot when it came out but I completely forgot about it after a while which is unfortunate. Maybe I'll listen to it in full on July 21st  :erm:

Kinda same tbh. It didn't age very well...

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

1. love is still meh, but i listen to it sometimes, doesn't make me sad like it used to

never listened to LFL since.... idk.... 2017

once a bop, always a bop, 13 beaches = bop

cherry aged like milk

love dis lol

it's been a time that i do not listen to it but i like it

i only listen to asap's part in groupie love, i absolutely love him

IMF ugly song af

i don't listen to coachella since '17

gba ugly ass song 

WTWWAWWJKD aged like (cheap) wine (((I hated WWWWKDSJFKSD when I first listened to it but now I like it a little bit, I listen to it until the chorus

i loved the song when i listened, but it's just too cloying

tnc is ugly

BOP HEROIN BEST TRACK OF THE ALBUM

ugly change

love this my modern manifestoooooooo

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

COACHELLA  is more relevant than ever.

WHAT ABOUT ALL THE CHILDREN

WHAT ABOUT ALL THEIR PARENTS

Free the kids

Free the parents

#timesupdonaldtrump

read the sign on the Statue of Liberty and abide by it

Wouldn't it be something if some DJ somewhere should play it and replay it and replay it

(are there any left??? In the 60s this would have been possible)-

Isn't it the way the legendary unique once in a generation artists are though.

Their music is timeless and the meaning of a song can mean so many things over the years

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Can we take a moment to appreciate one of the best covers she's ever done...

She DID that

Which live version of SF do you guys listen to?

Lust for Life is aging like milk. Can't remember when was the last time I listened to the whole album. Said it before but... 13 Beaches, Cherry and White Mustang are the only songs worth rescuing from that wreck. Lucky enough for me, the 3 of them are together so I can listen to them without skipping.

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8

Lust for Life is aging like milk. Can't remember when was the last time I listened to the whole album. Said it before but... 13 Beaches, Cherry and White Mustang are the only songs worth rescuing from that wreck. Lucky enough for me, the 3 of them are together so I can listen to them without skipping.

and Heroin? Get free? Change? TNC? GBA?