Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

255 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I honestly dont understand the hate for LFL (song) . Like...the background vocals ALONE are enough to send me into pure bliss. The bells. The spoken verses. The way their voices circle each other like the ying yang fish in a pond during the chorus. It's so beautiful.The PIANO (although I wish it were louder) 

I agree; production-wise it's an amazing multi-layered track. It just doesn't translate well when she plays it live imo... Which is actually a shame :(

I honestly dont understand the hate for LFL (song) . Like...the background vocals ALONE are enough to send me into pure bliss. The bells. The spoken verses. The way their voices circle each other like the ying yang fish in a pond during the chorus. It's so beautiful.The PIANO (although I wish it were louder) Yet, yall praise 13 beaches and its boom clap beat of a chorus and lack of a bridge. I love 13 beaches but I'd be lying if I said it didn't sound anti climactic in the first 5 months after the album dropped.. Yall seriously make me laugh sometimes. But hey. To each his own.

Thank You! I love 13 Bitches but LFL is still that girl, I love this album so much

8nl2OpX.png

LFL is an album that hits you if you listen to it with headphones and in a quiet environment. You will hear all the layers in all the songs and the emotional impact

Is very different. When the chorus kicks in on 13 Beaches, when the second chorus hits on Cherry, the lyrics of change, the first verse of Heroin, the piano on LFL and Summer Bummer, the strings on Groupie Live, the pissed off message of In My Feelings, the chorus on Tomorrow Never Came, the high notes on WTWWAW (doubled with that music), the background vocals in the last chorus of GBA: these are all WOW moments.

I will say it again: this album will probably better understood and appreciated when we get its place in Lana’s discography as a whole. I expect the first song on LDR6 to kinda bridge Get Free’s “out of the black into the blue”.

Darling Lust for Life - happy 1st birthday! You are a beautiful record who serves as an important, transitional chapter of an artist's journey. From hip-hop to folk, you make for some great storytelling that will be cherished in the years to come.

Lust For Life, you came right when I needed it most. And you're nothing like I could have ever imagined, and that's what makes you so special. The messy but hilarious moments on the forum. The love music video and your manifesto/hope for happiness in the future. GET FREE. Ahh so many memories. And I cherish them dearly.

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

happy birthday lust for life

you're still a dumb dead bitch for not having yosemite on ur tracklist

but heroin, get free, change, 13 beaches, and tomorrow never came makes up for it

Happy Birthday to what could've been  :poordat:

eRMFRCu.jpg

currently reminiscing about listening to Heroin for the first time in a park in Amsterdam and my soul ascending

tenor.gif?itemid=8203428

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

I haven’t listened to LFL for some time, but I’m sure I’ll appreciate it more in the future. Thank you for some more gems in your discography and for sharing your current feelings and thoughts - happy first anniversary! :party:

And release Yosemite and Roses bloom for you, please and thank you. :hooker:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png