Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

255 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I love her voice on IMF. I also love that’s the only song in her repertoire, in my knowledge, where she is pissed. And I love it.

I get what ur saying, but I think Lana's still got other songs where she sings how pissed she can be. Money Power Glory, Gods & Monsters etc. I think for me, IMF is pretty tame compared to other track's she's put out, and I miss that kind of righteous anger if anything, or how it'd sound

UV/Honeymoon

It's obviously not one big story, but that's totally fine with me. What's wrong with having more storylines taking place in one album? She jumps in genres but all the tracks still feel really "Lana". 

I love her voice on IMF. I also love that’s the only song in her repertoire, in my knowledge, where she is pissed. And I love it.

I'm by very far the hugest IMF stan on this God-forsaken website and I don't want to be rude but imagine living in a world where to cite only them Noir and Tired Of Singing The Blues don't exist :defeated:

ZKcaooE.png

I’m listening to the album after all these months of not having done that. Love is excellent. List For Life is excellent. But somewhere around INF and Coachella, it suddenly starts to sound “flat”? IMF have some really good lyrics but I wish the chorus had more power if that makes sense, either that or that she wasn’t playing it safe with her voice during most part of the song. Then it starts to sound really good at BPBP and onwards.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I honestly feel it was our fault that LFL became the hot inconsistent mess that it is. I do believe that after the leak of BAR, she totally changed her direction of the record that it became inconsistent.

Yeah UV was in a similar situation, but it worked for the better when the untouchable 5 were leaked, but clearly the leak of BAR ruined the whole era of the possible original BAR era. So I don't think people should complain too much about LFL, it's partially our fault. 

nF70D0F.png

I honestly feel it was our fault that LFL became the hot inconsistent mess that it is. I do believe that after the leak of BAR, she totally changed her direction of the record that it became inconsistent.

Yeah UV was in a similar situation, but it worked for the better when the untouchable 5 were leaked, but clearly the leak of BAR ruined the whole era of the possible original BAR era. So I don't think people should complain too much about LFL, it's partially our fault.

She stated LFL’s production was already becoming updated/modern sounding because the political climate of 2017 threw her into the present or something like that. So I don’t think the change in sound happened entirely from one leak.

In any case, the fact that we were likely gonna get an album in the vein of this makes me so depressed

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR20NB4BjRw/

Easily would’ve been her most innovative record to date sound-wise imo

While you are probably right about the BAR leak basically ruining this record (or at least contributing to it), I don't think it's fair to say that it's the fans' – our – fault. It's the fault of that one d*ckhead who thought leaking a song from Lana's upcoming album was a good idea. Speaking of which, do we even know who leaked it back then?

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

While you are probably right about the BAR leak basically ruining this record (or at least contributing to it), I don't think it's fair to say that it's the fans' – our – fault. It's the fault of that one d*ckhead who thought leaking a song from Lana's upcoming album was a good idea. Speaking of which, do we even know who leaked it back then?

It just randomly popped up on a sketchy site and people saw it and started freaking out, making zippy share and pico links, posting it on youtube....so techically it is our fault too a little bit 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

G Eazy also ruined LFL. Lana was enjoying her life, making a low key record with some witchy vibes and whatever else she was cooking up.

Then she met G, caught feelings, he cheated or just didn’t act right. She got mad and then decided to go off on the record.

I think it was a combination of politics, G, leaks and just taking way too much time to record.

I think she saw her album as something very different from what it really is (or from the consensual perception of it). She had probably given up on the acoustic direction long before BAR leaked. She thought she was taking a stand, but her ‘political’ songs (I’m still somehow puzzled about this word for those songs which have nothing political) didn’t go anywhere. Writing half of the lyrics as if they were those of a random love song and trying to inject social preoccupations on those of the other half isn’t a good idea anyway. And on some songs it gets mixed with good-intentioned ideas/energies she wants to convey (notably on Change or BPBP) but it doesn’t make any sense and it is mainly what made this album a mess. She probably thought of her exploring different genres as something valuable, positive, interesting. But lyrically, sonically, it touched me so much less than her precious records.

I think the most interesting part of the process of its creation is the early 2016 time at which she felt more spiritual, a little bit darker, and wrote the most beautiful songs. Out of the mess that came afterwards were born a few gems, but it remains a shame that things turned out this way.

She probably took a lot of the wrong decisions in 2017, but in my opinion, the album was already a mess before that. And the collaborations were most likely already there.

Sad to think of all those songs that ended up scrapped. Of course there are Yosemite, Roses Bloom For You, but I really think the political outtakes were worthy because it seemed like they were getting a little further than the Coachella-like ones.

And before you come for me, let me just add that I think the studio version of Cherry is dull but I really like the live version.

I still love Cherry but I know exactly what you mean since I have the same thing but with Body Electric instead.

I really hope a full TNC demo without Sean leaks soon.

"Don't ask me why                           

Just swallow some wine
Wi-wi-wi-wi-wi-wi-wi-wine" 

""Isn't life crazy?", I said

Now that I'm singing with Sean
Whoa-oh"

2 of my least favorite lyrics from any released Lana song.

qfrWuBl.png

I really hope a full TNC demo without Sean leaks soon.

"Don't ask me why                           

Just swallow some wine

Wi-wi-wi-wi-wi-wi-wi-wine" 

""Isn't life crazy?", I said

Now that I'm singing with Sean

Whoa-oh"

2 of my least favorite lyrics from any released Lana song.

Didn't it leak already?

"Baby, you have to forget

And I have to move on

Woah-oh"

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Didn't it leak already?

"Baby, you have to forget

And I have to move on

Woah-oh"

Yeah, that one did, but it still had the Sean feature.

I really want the full version of that one TNC demo that got teased a while ago where Lana had the soft vocals.

qfrWuBl.png

Yeah, that one did, but it still had the Sean feature.

I really want the full version of that one TNC demo that got teased a while ago where Lana had the soft vocals.

Oh, I remember it wrong then. My bad. :P

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I don’t know how I feel knowing that there are multiple KNOWN versions of LFL.

The first version (which may have been an entirely different song altogether, e.g. - Melancholia), the Max Martin version, the version based off the Max Martin version, the alternate final version

:defeated:

I’m seriously dying to hear what the melody of the original verses sounded like before she did the whole spoken/chant thing. #LeakLFLDemos