Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

252 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I don’t know how I feel knowing that there are multiple KNOWN versions of LFL.

The first version (which may have been an entirely different song altogether, e.g. - Melancholia), the Max Martin version, the version based off the Max Martin version, the alternate final version

:defeated:

I’m seriously dying to hear what the melody of the original verses sounded like before she did the whole spoken/chant thing. #LeakLFLDemos

that was LOUD

Anyone else thinks that Heroin is talking about the same guy from Yayo (who sells drugs) and Velvet Crowbar (whos dying from drugs)?

Dreaming about heroin - how it gave you everything and took your life away

She either outright said it or very heavily implied Heroin & Yayo were written about the same guy (Rob). Idk about Velvet Crowbar tho

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

just looking at the single covers for LFL can tell you how messed up the aesthetic for the album got

it's like it was thrown out of a window

not really a lust for life imo

love being a weird ass compilation poster, LfL being a BtS photo, CWIMM being a BtS photo from Love, LfL being the BtD car probably edited in a BtS photo from Love, WM music video being a hashed together Architecture, Architecture being Best American Record- the old title track, sister to Yosemite; Lana's favorite song she killed with BAR for some reason

Impression after having listened to it again:

1)Heroin remains the best song of the album

2)In my feelings ain't that bad tbh

3)Coachella ain't that bad eithee,far from being a good song tho

4)The lack of cohesiveness is really obvious and makes it tiring to listen the full thing

5)Asap in Groupie Love is unnecessary

6)Summer Bummer is a bop but doesn't fit the album

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I still stand by my LFL tracklist and I can't listen to the album in the usual order anymore... It's so incohesive.

Lust For Life

01. Love

02. Lust For Life (ft. The Weeknd)

03. Groupie Love (ft. A$AP Rocky)

04. Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

05. When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing

06. Heroin

07. God Bless America

08. Tomorrow Never Came (ft. Sean Ono Lennon)

09. Change

10. Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems (ft. Stevie Nicks)

11. Get Free

Best American Record EP

01. 13 Beaches

02. Cherry

03. White Mustang

04. Best American Record

Summer Bummer / In My Feelings (double A-side)

01. Summer Bummer (ft. A$AP Rocky and Playboi Carti)

02. In My Feelings

I think she should've released the Best American Record EP in mid 2016 as a bridge between Honeymoon and Lust For Life. Cherry being the single (obviously).

Launch Love as the lead in February 2017. Lust For Life as the second single in March, Coachella and Groupie Love as buzz singles with pre-order in May. Album dropped on May 26th and Groupie Love pushed as 3rd single. Get Free the final single in July before the tour.

Whilst on tour she could've dropped Summer Bummer and In My Feelings as a double A-side - then it would have been the diss track to G Eazy.

Ugh I can just imagine the acclaim and reviews - the BAR EP following Honeymoon would've been perfect. 

Then Lana being woke and more positive on LFL with features like the iconic Stevie Nicks and fan favourite A$AP.

To then have the split with G Eazy and then drop the double single - that would've got people talking "Lana calls out G Eazy, calling him a bummer", "Lana's fiery new single", "Lana Del Rey and G Eazy split - singer claims she "fell for another loser"" etc.

I still stand by my LFL tracklist and I can't listen to the album in the usual order anymore... It's so incohesive.

Lust For Life

01. Love

02. Lust For Life (ft. The Weeknd)

03. Groupie Love (ft. A$AP Rocky)

04. Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

05. When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing

06. Heroin

07. God Bless America

08. Tomorrow Never Came (ft. Sean Ono Lennon)

09. Change

10. Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems (ft. Stevie Nicks)

11. Get Free

Best American Record EP

01. 13 Beaches

02. Cherry

03. White Mustang

04. Best American Record

Summer Bummer / In My Feelings (double A-side)

01. Summer Bummer (ft. A$AP Rocky and Playboi Carti)

02. In My Feelings

I think she should've released the Best American Record EP in mid 2016 as a bridge between Honeymoon and Lust For Life. Cherry being the single (obviously).

Launch Love as the lead in February 2017. Lust For Life as the second single in March, Coachella and Groupie Love as buzz singles with pre-order in May. Album dropped on May 26th and Groupie Love pushed as 3rd single. Get Free the final single in July before the tour.

Whilst on tour she could've dropped Summer Bummer and In My Feelings as a double A-side - then it would have been the diss track to G Eazy.

this is so messy

:deadbanana:

love being a weird ass compilation poster, LfL being a BtS photo, CWIMM being a BtS photo from Love, LfL being the BtD car probably edited in a BtS photo from Love, WM music video being a hashed together Architecture, Architecture being Best American Record- the old title track, sister to Yosemite; Lana's favorite song she killed with BAR for some reason

anyone else feel like an idiot trying to figure out which abbreviation is which lana song

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

anyone else feel like an idiot trying to figure out which abbreviation is which lana song

• Fan Since:lanaboards user salvatore tried it

we

Cherry and White Mustang shouldn’t have been properly released period

The first few tracks of an album are the ones that are supposed to leave a strong impression (e.g. - Cruel World, Ultraviolence, Shades of Cool, Brooklyn Baby, West Coast)

The progression from Love/LFL/13B - Cherry/WM/SB alone is a travesty of a tracklist

Cherry and White Mustang shouldn’t have been properly released period

The first few tracks of an album are the ones that are supposed to leave a strong impression (e.g. - Cruel World, Ultraviolence, Shades of Cool, Brooklyn Baby, West Coast)

The progression from Love/LFL/13B - Cherry/WM/SB alone is a travesty of a tracklist

So ... you want two of the best songs from this messy album gone while calling Shit For Life Feat The Shitnd a strong song, even comparing it to UV. How would one be able to even listen to an album containing Abel's generic ass shrieking-voice and the Spongebob-collab-for-the-sake-of-it without those two beautiful songs?

Now I know who to nominate for worst taste. :hooker:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

what does bts even mean like...

Meaning 1: Behind the scenes

Meaning 2: a trashy overhyped k-pop band

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

i dont think anyone is ever gonna warm to lust for life lmaoo, it definitely is a bad seed in her iconic discography. unlike honeymoon, which was obviously hard to adjust to for some but at least it was cohesive and true to her aesthetic

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Y'all act like this album is bad as an Ed Sheeran album or something, even though it might be Lana's worst, it's still better than your fav's best

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m