Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

So what is the consensus on this album, great or not?

It really depends. Here, it’s the most hated thing since the plague. Outside of Lanaboards, it’s one of her best. People say it’s too much all over the place, that the lyrics are cringey, that the production is cheap and relies too much on trap beats. Personally, I love it: it’s diverse and perfect for this season of year. UV and were « mood » albums: that one plays with many genres while still being cohesive (many here argues that since its release though). After HM and before NFR, it was a good choice to have a more diverse album (though it wasn’t the objective when it was recorded: she didn’t have NFR in mind at that time). But I know it’s not the consensus here. On Spotify though, it’s her second most-streamed album, which means that casual fans loved it as well.

So what is the consensus on this album, great or not?

half the tracks are upsetting and the other half feel like underworked ideas. i think heroin is the only track i return to, but the production isnt as good as it could be. there is a lot going on and not enough focus. the political tracks are half baked and cringe worthy, some lyrics in cherry sound like she's tripping over her words(even tho i kinda like the song), choruses are weak, collabs are weak(now that im singing with seeeaaaaan).

honestly she needs to write a bunch of songs(maybe even on fucking guitar or piano), keep them to herself for a bit, demo them, rework them, then record them with multiple producers, edit edit edit, then release. (just like born to die)

ever since born to die, it seems like she writes a song, demos it, then MAYBE makes a final version. born to die is so well planned and thought out and so many great hands touched every noise. LFL seems to be the laziest because its full of messy unorganized ideas. it could have been great....... :( 

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

If Wild One was really meant for LFL, I'm glad she scrapped it. It's not that good.

someone labeled it wrong and now the whole the color blue situation is fucked

Wild One and Wild On You are two different songs, Wild One is unleaked. Wild On You / The Color Blue leaked today and the poster labeled the title wrong and hasn't bothered to change it.

the one you're talking about is a UV outtake from 2013

xMcVPI7.jpg

well, we're back

someone labeled it wrong and now the whole the color blue situation is fucked

Wild One and Wild On You are two different songs, Wild One is unleaked. Wild On You / The Color Blue leaked today and the poster labeled the title wrong and hasn't bothered to change it.

the one you're talking about is a UV outtake from 2013

Ohh okay thank you! First I thought the song was recorded around 2013 because her voice sounded like in UV, and I would usually easily recognise her tone and the year a specific song was recorded, but I saw some comments on the video saying that it was a LFL outtake recorded in 2015.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Idk why but Coachella's production doesn't sound as bad as it did 2 years ago

Many discarded the song after two listenings in bad quality leak audio. It makes sense with the album and has a rich production honestly. The trap beats are bit too obvious, but it’s not the trash everyone thinks it is

The title track deserved better. I listen to it a lot these days and it is the perfect spring song: sensual, hopeful, sexy. The vocals are incredible and the production is so richly layered. It just deserves better.

13 Beaches is and will continue to be that song! It’s so perfect and beautiful.

The title track deserved better. I listen to it a lot these days and it is the perfect spring song: sensual, hopeful, sexy. The vocals are incredible and the production is so richly layered. It just deserves better.

I really would love to hear the “BladeRunner” demo Rick has mentioned a few times. Maybe one day!

I will not tolerate any hate. Perfect album

Yessssss, agreed. People will always have bad taste though.

Don't forget the haunting, horror-esque sounding piano specifically ah - 

UV/Honeymoon