What is Lana's best produced album?

145 members have voted

1. 1. What is Lana's best produced album?

• AKA
    • BTD
    • Paradise
    • Ultraviolence
    • Honeymoon
    • Lust For Life

Ultraviolence has the best production, hands down. Those guitars, those drums... damn. Also she did those songs with just a band and her voice, if my memory is not failing. Idk, that kind of rawness really gets me and that's what makes this album my favorite.

Honeymoon has a very controlled production, like it's too immaculate, there are little details in the production of the songs that make them sound interesting but as a result the sound of the album is hard to replicate when she's doing it live (if she ever does lol).

What I liked about the BTD/Paradise production is that mix between some hip hop beats and orchestral-esque music (which made her popular), imo some songs are overdone though.

And Lust For Life with that mix of trap beats and acoustic sounds is interesting but I kind of prefer the simple production like in Change or BPBP. We all know Coachella's production is a mess so there's that.

Anyway, I'd say that it's UV>HM>BTD/PD>LFL (in terms of production, in general I'd place LFL in the same spot as UV, personally)

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I voted for LFL but thinking about it, all of them...

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

UV > HM >> LFL > P > BTD

Lust For Life is spectacular but the production is a hit or miss. A common mistake throughout the record, for me at least, seems to be that the verses and prechoruses have wonderful production but the choruses do not (God Bless America, WTWWAWWKD, Get Free). Production highlights on LFL are definitely Heroin, Love, LFL, Cherry, TNC and Change.

Honeymoon, though slow, was beautifully produced, but Ultraviolence takes the cake. I'm trying to find a flaw and I can't. Even Guns and Roses is beautifully produced, albeit repetitive and boring (lyrically). 

Paradise and Ultraviolence for different reasons

Paradise for being the best expression of baroque pop with the lushest arrangements

Ultraviolence for being the rawest and most organic and authentically vintage sound (MELLOTRON!)

But ultimately UV probably wins out, although only before it got ruined in mastering

For me it's a tie between HM and LFL - the production is so crisp and rich with details. The most timeless production is probably on UV and HM.

BTD for me is overproduced, too much "loon" and Lana's voice sounds a bit weird and "compressed" if you compare it to all of her other stuff.

Highkey does, Ultraviolence had solid production that fit a theme unlike LFL, which is all over the place.

Yeah and it's just messy in some songs, sometimes it just sounds unprofessional 

FzytWEW.png

LFL cause I appreciate diversity more than anything. While UV was more my style, I still got a throwback with Cherry, and we still got multiple throwbacks to BTD and HM AND AKA so really, I'm in heaven with this album's production.