What is Lana's best produced album?

145 members have voted

1. 1. What is Lana's best produced album?

• AKA
    • BTD
    • Paradise
    • Ultraviolence
    • Honeymoon
    • Lust For Life

tbh Paradise has the cleanest most well thought production. This doesn't mean it's better musically tho. I love the production on UV but it's quite messy in some parts and not very diverse

giphy.gif

Lana Del Ray without a doubt. Born To Die is glossy but overdone. I love the sound of Ultraviolence but it's very lo-fi I don't think there's a high production value at all. Like the whole point of that album was that it was re-done quickly in single takes with cheap microphones and live instruments ctfu.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Lana Del Ray or Honeymoon. 

Ultraviolence while has great songs (some of her best) it's messy as whole, which I think kind of fits well with the concept of the record but it cause of the different collaborators and stages the album went through, it's a bit ...in cohesive.

Paradise

its not the best but the instrumentation is at its best

i love UV but some songs sounds unfinished and badly mixed 

BTD is overproduced, some demos are way better like Lolita and DMD

HM....... the trap beats are goddamn awful

LFL even worst beats

honeymoon for me :) the production is really consistent and does just the right amount to enhance the tracks and her vocals! really good use of space

uv has great production too but honeymoon is just super polished

I actually can't answer this because all of her albums are so special to me in different ways.

BTD and Paradise made me a stan and it has my all time favourite song Video Games.

It took me a while to fully appreciate UV, and I only really got into AKA a few months ago despite knowing it for 4 years! They both work amazingly as a full album rather than individual songs.

HM is an album only for a certain type of mood with me which makes it difficult to rank against the others as I really have to be in the mood for it.

And LFL I think has some of her best ever songs she has ever done (HEROIN AND 13 BEACHES and I could go on), however as an album I haven't quite understood it yet. I think that is just how it will be though - it seems to be a confused album which I guess reflects Lana's mindset at the moment and tbh mine too.

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

AKA features her best vocals. Despite some questionable drums it has an intimate feel that makes it feel nicely produced

BTD has that pop sheen and it'll probably be her only album to ever have it. But I do prefer the execution of production on Paradise and how much more orchestral it felt.

UV has that unique live in studio feel about it, which gives it the same timeless feeling of her live shows. Its especially hyped because of song structures, vocal experimentation, basically the songs themselves. But Shades of Cool and West Coast feel kinda innovative.

HM production is obviously slow and layered but worthy of appreciation after listening to it a lot. Cohesive, some highlights, but not really competition.

LFL, some of her most diverse vocals yet and there's actually some energy to Rick's production, which is nice to see. I like how its tied together with these grainy samples throughout, as well as some spacey sounds.

So based on that...I voted Ultraviolence.

Born to Die- Born to Die, Off to the Races, Blue Jeans, Video Games, National Anthem, Summertime Sadness... sorry, there's no other Lana production that comes close to these.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I enjoy the production on UV the most. It's grittt, psychedelic, so atmospheric and classic. However, Honeymoon, from a technical standpoint and without bias, is her most well-produced album. The production is so perfect and sleek without coming off contrived or "too perfect". The production on HM elevates the songs so much and creates such a strong soundscape that it engulfs the listener. UV, BTD, and LFL are all more exciting production-wise but are not technically better.

Imagine voting Honeymoon for the best production

I mean "best production" doesn't mean "personal favorite production". It is her most well-produced album, hence why critics were so nice to it despite it being a snoozefest.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.