What is Lana's best produced album?

145 members have voted

1. 1. What is Lana's best produced album?

• AKA
    • BTD
    • Paradise
    • Ultraviolence
    • Honeymoon
    • Lust For Life

I voted Ulraviolence.

My rationale is that with Ultraviolence, unlike her other records, she had someone to challenge her vision and push her music forward. Her need for Yes Men to nod their heads hurts her music. Born To Die and Paradise are good, despite the Yes Men, but Honeymoon and Lust For Life are hurt by it.

giphy.gif

AKA has the most interesting and unique production. Sometimes it's a miss (Brite Lites) but I love Raise Me Up, Queen of the Gas Station, Kill Kill. Sometimes it doesn't sound high quality, which hurts it.

Born To Die has some great production but also some very questionable choices. National Anthem and Dark Paradise are two songs sacrificed for cohesiveness. The demos are so much better and more alive. Now that we have four/ five full albums out and we're I think a lot of the songs suffer from the production choices.

Paradise is really nice (Cola is so lushhhh) but also more boring than BTD.

I will never understand UV's reputation in this fanbase, lol. I don't like lofi so maybe that's why.

The first 5 songs of the album are solid (but the "strings " on UV are so fake and that always bothers me), with West Coast having a heavenly sound, but the second half really lags. Like I have no comment on MPG or FMWUTTT. My main problem is Lana drenching her voice (and everything?) in reverb. It's so muddy sounding. I've been told this isn't an issue on the vinyl.

Honeymoon is like Paradise I guess. But better? I love the production on MTWBT for example. But then there's stuff like GKIT where its just indiscriminate reverb. The whole thing is very consistent sounding at least.

Lust for Life is probably her most diverse offering since AKA, which is good and bad. She's divided it pretty neatly into pre and post Coachella, so each "side" is internally consistent. Love and Lust for Life don't fit in at all, imo. They're so slick sounding when the rest of the record is not. It's very odd. I'm really bothered you can hear hiss when Lana starts singing on Heroin. Like seriously? I know you like to sing at a near whisper but that noise drives me crazy.

I have a lot of thoughts but I'm on mobile so I'm just gonna nominate AKA for diversity AND consistency.

Honeymoon has the most beautiful production, instrumental wise. It's so cinematic, I can picture the whole album instrumentals as a movie soundtrack.

Title track? Hauntingly beautiful.

the strings/synths on the bridge of Religion? GORGEOUS (the 4:15 mark)

Swan Song? So dreamlike

negAbhB.png

Paradise and Honeymoon

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.