Sign in to follow this  
latothemoon

Interview with Lana's producer Rick Nowels for Genius

Very insightful. Makes me think the late-addition songs on the album were Cherry, White Mustang, Summer Bummer, In My Feelings, Coachella, and Change. It seems she mainly eliminated early songs (except Roses Bloom For You?)

I think Lana should be banned from making last minute changes. I mean the most recently penned song is going to be the one you're most excited about right? Save it for an ' After thought' like paradise plz

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

Lana is a career artist, a defining artist of her generation. I see her as a link on the chain along with Bob DylanLeonard CohenJoni MitchellStevie Nicks, and all the great once in a lifetime singer/songwriters. She’s created her own language and her own genre.

New theory: Graham isn't Rob but actually Rick Nowels.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Genius recently interviewed Lana's main producer and co-writer, Rick Nowels, about the making of Lust for Life! 

Read it here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/genius.com/amp/a/songwriter-producer-rick-nowels-explains-how-lana-del-rey-s-lust-for-life-came-together

Thank you for posting this! Really liked reading the interview :smile3:

29legc9.gif

i used to be annoyed that lana almost exclusively worked with him, but now i see why. she needs to know that the person helping her bring the songs to life has real respect for her vision and doesn't get in her way. that is such a rare thing to have! the way he gushes about her is very touching. 

let me be who i'm meant to be

I find it funny that she made both Change and Pretty When You Cry in literally a day and yet they are so full of emotions and are timeless amazing records. I guess when inspiration strikes everything just flows. It's amazing.

Are u sure that Eclipse 

#LeakLoveDemoFUCK

has the original L4L? 

Btw, leak it

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

This was a really interesting read :) Does anyone know when Rick stopped being just another producer, and essentially became her main collaborator? He was already working a lot with her for the first Ultraviolence sessions, so it was either then or before then.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png