Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Lana Del Rey Interviewed By Spin or Bin

Was pretty sure she was doing a whole soundtrack.

i don't understand if she's scoring films or writing songs for the soundtracks. I'm confused.

She needs to get her lingo straight. She keeps saying scoring.

I'd rather have her write songs and sings songs for the films. But, to me it seems like she's just writing music to underscore scenes and stuff

She keeps saying that she's scoring films, which irks me. She is not scoring films. She is lending some of her songs to some movies. You know, like pop songs in movies? That. But maybe it'll turn into her doing a whole collection of songs for the entire soundtrack of a movie. That would be nice...if the movie doesn't suck. Or, hell, maybe she is scoring films now. If scoring to her means that she sat down with a composer and said, "Okay, so in this scene where there are girls sneaking out of their home at night, make it sound like...like, you know, like girls sneaking out of their home at night."

Best Original Score - Lana Del Rey, composer/arranger

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

We also don't really know how good of a composer she is. Her BTD era songs are fucking beautiful because she had highly skilled composers make the chord progressions and arrangements for her, but we really haven't heard many Lana compositions all we've ever heard were her melody's (which are beautiful, so she obviously has an ear). So it will be interesting to hear her composition skills.

We also don't really know how good of a composer she is. Her BTD era songs are fucking beautiful because she had highly skilled composers make the chord progressions and arrangements for her, but we really haven't heard many Lana compositions all we've ever heard were her melody's (which are beautiful, so she obviously has an ear). So it will be interesting to hear her composition skills.

Composers may have done the work for her but she was the one asking them to create the compositions she had in her head, so she clearly had some understanding of it but doesn't have the hands on ability for it. Not sure what role that is, but maybe she will develop further, who knows.

Any of those films in that list partnered with Universal? I don't think her record label would let her partner with another brand. I don't really understand how that whole thing works when it comes with studios though so...