Photo

Interview with German magazine Musikexpress (09/17)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PinUpCartoonBaby

PinUpCartoonBaby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts
  • LocationAUT
  • Time Online: 82d 1h 45m 25s

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:33 PM

I hope my translation isn't too bad...

MUSIKEXPRESS

Aug./Sept. 2017 - Original text/interview by: Arno Frank

Translation by @PinUpCartoonBaby

Transcript:

Spoiler

ldr-musikexpress_201745pyk.jpgldr-musikexpress_2017gprs3.jpgldr-musikexpress_2017jxrz2.jpg

I've mixed feelings about this interview, it seems so random and most of it is the interviewer name-dropping some famous philosophers to seem intellectual or idk.

• litewave, slang, CatchTheBreeze and 4 others like this

lana_takeitoff_new1bnknp.gif

#2 OFFLINE   Lona Delery

Lona Delery

Fine China

• Supporters 2.0
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland
  • Fan Since:31st December 2014

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:34 PM

Wtf this is so random. And the interviewer sounds so full of himself idk. What's the point of this?

• Peachycream and SlowGinFizzzz like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Electric Body

Electric Body

Boss on the Boat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts
  • LocationMedusa's Path
  • Time Online: 143d 19h 7m 2s

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:43 PM

I think it's actually a pretty nice interview, especially this little text that introduces it. It's weird but honestly - which questions are left to ask about LfL at this point?

• MahaMaha likes this

~ my cherries and wine ~

#4 OFFLINE   Limelight

Limelight

L'Ennemi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
  • Time Online: 36d 1h 58m 54s

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:05 AM

Messy interview

Posted Image

#5 ONLINE   sexwithme

sexwithme

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts
  • Locationon the payload
  • Time Online: 85d 20h 41m 45s

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:18 AM

Bad writing. I see what they were doing in the beginning but jeez that is some weak writing. It's 2017, the LDR hate wave is over
  • CatchTheBreeze and fl0ridakil0s like this

#6 OFFLINE   MahaMaha

MahaMaha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • LocationAll over.
  • Time Online: 62d 3h 29m 29s

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:21 AM

I feel like the interviewer was quite interested in philosophy himself and tried to get a bit more from her than the usual superficial answers she gives about her interests. I don't want to come for our girl but she's probably not as educated as she makes herself seem lmao and therefore she isn't even able to get deeper into abstract subjects or comment on different philosophers.

• nevada darling likes this

#7 OFFLINE   Electric Body

Electric Body

Boss on the Boat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts
  • LocationMedusa's Path
  • Time Online: 143d 19h 7m 2s

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

I feel like the interviewer was quite interested in philosophy himself and tried to get a bit more from her than the usual superficial answers she gives about her interests. I don't want to come for our girl but she's probably not as educated as she makes herself seem lmao and therefore she isn't even able to get deeper into abstract subjects or comment on different philosophers.

Probably. But to be fair, it's been quite a while since she studied and it's not like her career has a lot to do with staying in touch with philosophy as a science. Plus it was a 18 minutes interview and she probably was not expecting them to focus it on that subject

~ my cherries and wine ~

#8 OFFLINE   CatchTheBreeze

CatchTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Time Online: 79d 12h 6m 34s

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:21 PM

Bad writing. I see what they were doing in the beginning but jeez that is some weak writing. It's 2017, the LDR hate wave is over

Yes – why should I read an entire page of "she's fake" in 2017 when all of this was already crappy journalism back in 2011/2012 and has been proven wrong ever since by Lana doing what she does... Even though the MusikExpress guy didn't think that Lana is fake but that's a really annoying way to start an article with.

• evilentity, longtimeman, fl0ridakil0s and 1 other like this

#9 OFFLINE   CatchTheBreeze

CatchTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Time Online: 79d 12h 6m 34s

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:31 PM

Actually I think Lana did quite well in this interview and came across as a woman who is interested in a lot of things like metaphyics and modern technology – something a lot of people probably wouldn't expect from her if they only know Lana's image, videos etc.

• litewave likes this

#10 OFFLINE   WhiteHydrangea

WhiteHydrangea

The Youngest Of Rainbows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts
  • Locationdon't feel like saying anything sassy/sexual/etc
  • Time Online: 96d 1h 16m 38s

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:42 PM

18 minutes, damn.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 OFFLINE   evilentity

evilentity

~~~~~~ICON~~~~~~ President for Life

• OG Moderators
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:29 PM

And something which has been scientifically proven, it’s simply true. It’s a fact, not a speculation. I think that’s really sexy.“

Given her difficulty with facts, Lana must not think she's very sexy.

Lana Del Rey is pretty good friends with the visionary meta-entrepreneur Elon Musk, founder of Tesla and thanks to SpaceX already on his way to Mars. “It’s really inspiring talking to him“, says Lana. “Also from a metaphysical point of view. He asks himself the same questions like we all do, like I do at least. Recently he said we might all live in a computer simulation. He and his friends are having serious and controversial discussions about it.

http://lanaboards.co...tatus_id=131864

I thought it is funny, our life - just a video game…“[/i]

Lana in "Video Games" as the submissive girlfriend fetching ale for the sadist pulling all our strings
  • SlowGinFizzzz likes this

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

#12 OFFLINE   litewave

litewave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Time Online: 5d 9h 5m 28s

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:34 PM

“Okay, last question!“, we suddenly hear another voice from the other side of the phone line.

What kind of dick was that? Just as she was talking about transcendence. She needs to get asked these philosophical questions more often.

Watching all our friends fall in and out of Old Paul's, this is my idea of fun

#13 OFFLINE   Tragic Rabbit

Tragic Rabbit

venus as a boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationAntarctica
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 10d 44m 48s

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:56 PM

I'm not ashamed to admit that half of the stuff they were talking about went over my head.

#14 OFFLINE   MahaMaha

MahaMaha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • LocationAll over.
  • Time Online: 62d 3h 29m 29s

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:44 PM

Transhumanism is so interesting considering Lana's repeating themes of death and afterlife. Especially because she previously talked about how the thought of death or morality scared her even as a young child. 

• fl0ridakil0s likes this

#15 ONLINE   Stargirl

Stargirl

I've been beautiful for a thousand years

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts
  • Locationelaborate mansion on the moon
  • Time Online: 148d 6h 29m 23s

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:51 PM

"And something which has been scientifically proven, it’s simply true. It’s a fact, not a speculation. I think that’s really sexy"  bitch me too

also 

"He’s rather a person who is really, really confident about himself and about what he’s doing. Well however…if he was a Bond-villain I’d be the Bond girl I guess. And we both know that there’s not very often a happy ending for those women.“

if she's the bond girl....are they fucking???

XwZcxeD.jpg tumblr_oo9nco1wpB1vm9106o2_400.jpgjoZYoIY.gif

#16 ONLINE   Beautiful People

Beautiful People

Beautiful Problems

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Time Online: 51d 7h 32m 46s

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:54 PM

I saw "Interview" and "German" in the same title and had a small stroke but that was followed by disappointment 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users