Sign in to follow this  
Shades

Stevie Nicks On Working with Lana

Found an interview where Stevie recalls her recent collab with Lana on BPBP:

Humbled, Nicks excitedly recalls her recent collaboration with Lana Del Ray on the latter's new album, Lust for Life. Nicks features on the song Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems.

"It's really a good song and we worked on it for three nights and we had a lot of fun. I think we're going to be very good friends and I'm really excited about that. 

"She is really something.  She's a very different girl. I told her 'you're an odd duck'. I had to assure her that that is a very good thing, because the odd ducks are the ones that really stand out and she is not like anyone else – she's very different."

So impressed was Nicks by the multi-talented del Ray that she believed the singer-songwriter could have another career as a film director.

"She is so talented. It's one thing to write all your songs and sing them, quite another to write your music videos and have people go along with it. I tried it once with [1983's] Stand Back. It was such an epic failure that I thought 'I'll never do that again'. I had to make the video over with real people who knew how to make it.

"It's very hard and she writes them herself and then she directs them. I was like, 'Lana, this is what you should do – make movies and direct them and then do the soundtrack', because she's that good and she has an oddly beautiful voice. I just want everybody to hear it."

Source + rest of interview (nothing else Lana related): https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/95560120/my-sweet-lorde-steve-nicks-invites-kiwi-singer-to-nz-show

I need these two to do an album together already 

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

I find it interesting and perceptive that Stevie Nicks believes Lana Del Rey would make a good film director. I wonder what kind of films L.D.R. would direct? Perhaps horror, or mystery and suspense...I think the first movie she should direct is an adaptation of Marisha Pessl's novel Night Film......