Sign in to follow this  
PinUpCartoonBaby

Interview with "Die ganze Woche" (07/2017)

Found this interview but I'm not sure if it's actually new. Some parts of it seem really familiar to me but I don't know... Just in case anybody's interested I made a rly quick translation of it.

DIE GANZE WOCHE

July 2017

Translation by @PinUpCartoonBaby

Transcript:

“I made many mistakes in terms of love.“

Of course, there’s still a lot of melancholy in her songs. Lana Del Rey’s deep voice and slow way of singing are mainly responsible for that. But now aged 32 the notorious beauty who was born as Elisabeth Grant and became popular five years ago when she released her homage to the sixties "Video Games“, has finally found the lightness of being. On her 4th album “Lust For Life“ - the name says it all - she brought together some illustrious guests. She sings with A$AP Rocky, The Weeknd, Sean Lennon and Stevie Nicks. Our “WOCHE“-reporter Steffen Rüth had a telephone interview with Lana Del Rey and got some amazing glimpses of her life.

Hello, where did I just reach you?
I’m sitting right in the middle of Los Angeles in my car, on a huge parking area. I have a magnificent view to a motel, I’m having an eye on it if something happens.

Why don’t you drive home for a phone call? Wouldn’t that be a lot more comfortable?
Well, it’s always pretty noisy there. Sometimes I just have to get outside. Afterwards I’m definitely going for a coffee. In my car I have my peace. Oh and cell phone reception is absolutely great here too.

What kind of car do you drive?
A Jaguar.

Wow, that’s a really stylish car…
(laughs) Yes, but it’s not what you would consider a speedster. It’s more of a mom-Jaguar. It’s big and blue and really beautiful.

You like driving?
Yes, I love it. When I’m in my car I kind of find myself, there’s no distraction. For me driving is like meditation. I don’t do anything else like that, only driving.

But you actually do pay attention to the traffic?
Of course, I’m a careful driver. I don’t drive fast. Some time ago I used to drive outside the city in the surrounding areas, down the Pacific Coast Highway and Mulholland Drive, those super-scenic routes. Now I like to cruise along the main streets of Los Angeles. Sunset Boulevard is the best. There’s always something to watch - it’s amazing!

Your first album was called “Born To Die“, your latest one “Lust For Life“. Do these titles reflect at which point of life you’ve been and how you felt when creating both of them?
I’m still on my way and growth as well as chaos will accompany me through life, I am not deluding myself when it comes to that. And still I feel the change. I’m enjoying life much more than I did some years ago.

Is your new song “Change“ about these changes?
Exactly. “Change“ is the last song I wrote for the album. The four words I sing in the chorus - they actually say everything: Honest, capable, beautiful and stable. That’s what I want to become. My whole life has been marked by this search, the search for belonging somewhere and being part of something.

Your new album also features Sean Lennon, namely on the song “Tomorrow Never Came“. How did it come about?
In this song I’m telling my ideal image of a relationship. This song is one of the few that are not about myself. I’m taking John Lennon and Yoko Ono as an example. I imagine both of them closely sitting on a park bench in Central Park. This couple awakes romantic ideas in me. Therefore it made sense for me to ask Sean, also because I really like his music. He immediately said yes.

Have you yourself ever experienced a relationship of comparable intensity?
No, unfortunately not yet.

Do you wish for a long-term, happy relationship?
I dream about it, yes. I’d really like to be able to hold on to something, really hold on to it. Instead of messing things up again and again. It happened to me way too often, I don’t know why. Sometimes I did really weird things, sometimes I disappointed men, often I just haven’t been to the right place at the right time.

Can you imagine living a typical traditional life: marrying and being a mother?
Oh my god, yes, I’d really like to! And I’m confident that one day it’ll happen. And I’m convinced that it’s possible to have music and love equally in your life. I’m sure that then my songs would get even a bit more happier.

Source: Die ganze WOCHE

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

The four words I sing in the chorus - they actually say everything: Honest, capable, beautiful and stable. That’s what I want to become. My whole life has been marked by this search, the search for belonging somewhere and being part of something.

tenor.gif

She's already very beautiful though. 

Nothing we didn't know but thank you. I hope the next interview reveals the release date of WM or something like that.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif