Cloudbusting

Arctic Monkeys

Arctic Monkeys are an English rock band formed in 2002 in High Green, a suburb of Sheffield. The band consists of Alex Turner (lead vocals, rhythm/lead guitar), Matt Helders (drums, vocals), Jamie Cook (lead/rhythm guitar) and Nick O'Malley (bass, backing vocals). (Yes I took this from Wikipedia)

Albums:

Some songs: 

Probably the thread will flop BUT rumor has it that they'll release new material by the end of this year or so, so the thread could be useful for that. 

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Humbug is a masterpiece, Matt Helders is a god, Alex is overrated, tumblr ruined AM, Piledriver Waltz is their best song and Alex really needs to get rid of that beard. That's all :kiss:

Fayyt7N.png

i actually didn't know about them but i've seen them live during a festival because my friends were fans and i'm pretty sure i'll be there to wait for their next album, i still have to acquire their discography and discover them appropriately - i had good memories of their concert (or maybe it was just the weed  :creep: )

I didn't know them until a friend showed me Do I Wanna Know?

I want to get into them, any good recommendation album to start?

All of the songs in AM have the same style as Do I Wanna Know? So if you liked it you can start with that one. If not, "Favourite Worst Nightmare" is also very easy to listen to, and the sound is very "teen-ish" if that makes sense. (Teddy Picker, Fluorescent Adolescent, 505, Do Me A Favour, D is for Dangerous) 

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif