annedauphine

Daytona Mess

Oh my GOD

Also your portfolio fucks me up thanks now I'm depressed that I'm not as talented

Omg no please don't say that :toofunny: I don't consider myself talented at all, I just have a ravaging passion for graphic design and I work so hard to fool everyone into thinking I understood a thing or two, it's just practice and studying the shit out of things you love

ZKcaooE.png

I work so hard to fool everyone into thinking I understood a thing or too

There was this Floyd Norman documentary at Netflix and another Disney employee said that working at Disney is like being handed this beautiful glass vase and constantly feeling clumsy while someone stands above you and says confidently that no one has dropped it before and it's super easy to hold it and I found it funny that it applies in basically anything that delivers that "fake it until it's real" philosophy, art included :toofunny: Enough with that anecdote you're amazing and I love you gal

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

That East Side one!!!! I LOVE your work!!!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

There was this Floyd Norman documentary at Netflix and another Disney employee said that working at Disney is like being handed this beautiful glass vase and constantly feeling clumsy while someone stands above you and says confidently that no one has dropped it before and it's super easy to hold it and I found it funny that it applies in basically anything that delivers that "fake it until it's real" philosophy, art included :toofunny: Enough with that anecdote you're amazing and I love you gal

That's so inspiring! I didn't knew that thank you for sharing :)

I love the font you used for Blue Jeans. :hdu: :flutter:

It's called Montecatini, but I modified it slightly! 

That East Side one!!!! I LOVE your work!!!

Thank you so much :D I remain convinced it could be better, I wanna develop it into a cassette as well

ZKcaooE.png

Thank you so much :D I remain convinced it could be better, I wanna develop it into a cassette as well

When you do, please tell me!! I’d buy it!!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Literally completely forgot about this thread, and rightfully so cuz most of my old work sucks balls and dicks omg. I haven't made anything for Lana in ages cuz I'm too busy with the real world. But for really just fun and giggles and Photoshop practice I just adapted a project I love into what I imagine a NFR tablet app / website could look like. I absolutely NEED Lana's team to work more on designs like this, especially typographically wise

Original project: B2B by Chloé Barria

ckfcn.png

rkmcn.png

ZKcaooE.png

Literally completely forgot about this thread, and rightfully so cuz most of my old work sucks balls and dicks omg. I haven't made anything for Lana in ages cuz I'm too busy with the real world. But for really just fun and giggles and Photoshop practice I just adapted a project I love into what I imagine a NFR tablet app / website could look like. I absolutely NEED Lana's team to work more on designs like this, especially typographically wise

ckfcn.png

rkmcn.png

finally someone spoke up about the shitty website

ckfcn.png

rkmcn.png

also apartment is spelled wrong :oops:

finally someone spoke up about the shitty website

also apartment is spelled wrong :oops:

Are you talking about Lana's official website? Because I researched and found out it's actually a wordpress template modified. LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO. That makes me laugh so hard it basically means that 1) budget jumped out 2) since I own a wordpress myself with a custom url I could technically reproduce Lana's website exactly would I want to do a parody or something. And  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny: I didn't noticed thank you, my French is peaking thru, but it's just a v quick adaptation for fun it's not even a project so I won't even bother retouching it except if I make something for the era

And I used Lana in a uni project I'm rly proud of, I'm gonna share it soon

ZKcaooE.png

Although it is not *per se* Lana fan art, I used her as material in a project for my Typography - Variations class. We had to make a newspaper and me being me I made one about women within the music industry :) Of course that means an excuse to use Lana so here's the pages that feature her:

e1952c71108521.5bba630fa1442.png

86877b71108521.5bbef79e55f0e.pngc4751571108521.5bbef79e5571a.pngcf088d71108521.5bbef79e53bf9.pngd15fa471108521.5bbef79e540e3.png71065171108521.5bbef79e54b40.pngc9b3bf71108521.5bbef79e550e1.gif

The NFR page is actually supposed to be an advertisement that I made in a rush lol but since I heard a few people liked it and this is a fan art thread I modified it to fit an A3 poster and adapted it to Ultraviolence because it's obvious it's UV and not NFR:

qxfvw.png

Thanks for watching and if you like it pls pls pls pls pls give me a view on Behance  :ohno: Even a like if you're feeling extremely generous but Behance recognition's importance can't be put in words so it will really mean the world to me!

EDIT: if you want the pic in any other colour tell me I'll do it in a whip!

ZKcaooE.png

Although it is not *per se* Lana fan art, I used her as material in a project for my Typography - Variations class. [...]

Omg i'm dead  :deadbanana:

This is so perfect and beautiful and just visually appealing, I could just look at it the whole day! Love the concept and the layout, how you structured the pages with the text and your choice of the pictures and everything and just wow 

I'm trying to get deeper into typography but it's so complex and a true kind of art and I think I'm just not gifted with any kind of talent when it comes to that lol. But you're mastering it so perfectly! I'm a fan  :heart:

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

Thank you so much everyone!!

Omg i'm dead  :deadbanana:

This is so perfect and beautiful and just visually appealing, I could just look at it the whole day! Love the concept and the layout, how you structured the pages with the text and your choice of the pictures and everything and just wow 

I'm trying to get deeper into typography but it's so complex and a true kind of art and I think I'm just not gifted with any kind of talent when it comes to that lol. But you're mastering it so perfectly! I'm a fan  :heart:

Aaaaah thank you I don't deserve this praise! About typography, it's the only thing in the world I love as much as pop so I can only encourage you to keep practising and researching. There's some base rules that can't be changed and that you need to know, but the creative freedom once you mastered the basis (and if you have a bit of taste haha) is immense. And typography isn't just drawing characters (although it's awesoooooome), it's also layout, micro/macro typography, etc. You can spend 10y learning InDesign every day and you'll become a typography master without having ever designed a character. You get my point. The  teacher I had in first year was the one who converted me to type, she was so passionate about it, she taught me that the process is so tedious that the reward is incredible, it's an art that forges patience and dedication and I love it. I'll never forget my design history teacher who told to us "in the grand scheme of the world, beauty is subjective, obviously; but in typography, it is not, there is a definite point where it cannot be perfected, and it has already been achieved; the capital letters Romans depicted on their stone engravings is the pinnacle of typographic beauty". And I think about that every day in my life. It's so humbling and yet so challenging. Ppl like Garamond and Bodoni tried so hard to reproduce the feel of the roman letters and adapt it but they couldn't top it, it's insane, so why would I? I'm just happy to learn pairings haha

ZKcaooE.png

Hey so I've been working on my concept for the Lana Font Directory I've had in mind for over a year. It is largely inspired by Coyote's masterpost design.

Basically the concept is a directory of all the fonts used for each era. It features the fonts in ideally an editable fashion, with a few details. I'm still working on the design but if it works I'd like to find a dev for it.

RCyvXqi.png

ZKcaooE.png