Sign in to follow this  
PauloM

foxgluvv ✿ - LGBT Artist

foxgluvv1.png?w=672

Foxgluvv is a singer-songwriter based in London and Birmingham who writes self-described “Hangover Pop” that contains a lot of nuance in the Alt-Pop and Electro-Pop subgenres.

Foxgluvv have only two singles at the moment.

Debut Single "Crush"

"Musically, “Crush” somehow managed to perfectly crystallise the heady concoction that is alcohol-fuelled lust. Foxgluvv’s velvety vocal is draped effortlessly over glittering synths, whilst barely-there percussion breathes life into the whole affair.

Foxgluvv hails from London via Birmingham, and debut release “Crush” sees her turning a hazy focus on late-night lust.

Co-written with producer Scott Colcombe, Foxgluvv’s first single is a three-minute exercise in the subtleties of pop music - or as she herself describes it, “hungover pop”. Dreamy and weightless, it’s a track that slips down as easily as your sixth vodka-and-whatever, and leaves your vision similarly rose-tinted.

Musically, “Crush” somehow managed to perfectly crystallise the heady concoction that is alcohol-fuelled lust. Foxgluvv’s velvety vocal is draped effortlessly over glittering synths, whilst barely-there percussion breathes life into the whole affair.

Whilst Foxgluvv cites to-the-minute popstars Troye Sivan and Hayley Kiyoko amongst her influences, the feelings “Crush” invokes are perhaps a little less PG. This is a pop track, yes, but it’s one to whack on at the end of the evening when you’re done making eyes across the room and ready for something more."

- thelineofbestfit

"Nothing"

“Nothing” sees the London-based artist finding her groove with a more energetic sound, still based around choppy, jangling synths and feather-light beats. The track’s feel is breezy and uplifting, in contrast to the heady warmth of its predecessor.

Foxgluvv’s lyrical prowess allows her to dress up a complex message as minimal, radio-ready electro-pop in the vein of artists such as St. South and Tei Shi. With its refrain insisting that “you should be out there, but you’re doing nothing,” “Nothing” attempts to tap into that defeatist millennial thought process and motivate us to get up and out into the world."

- thelineofbestfit

READ THE FULL INTERVIEW

Follow Foxgluvv:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

SPOTIFY

INSTAGRAM

ITUNES

I've listened to 'nothing' since a user post it here, I really like it  :flutter:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

am I supposed to like her because she likes girls or

i guess it's suppose to be one of the big appeals, not necessarily that they're lgbt but that their music will involve similar situations and ideas that some go through

a gay girl will def not relate to anything personal by a straight singer but they'll relate with lgbt singers- it's just giving a kinda sign saying 'hey here's an artist thats more like you than any mainstream !' 

but i get the approach of seeing it like a shtick, or something to make up for lack of personality or originality- your sexuality shouldn't solely define you as a person or why people should like you

i guess it's suppose to be one of the big appeals, not necessarily that they're lgbt but that their music will involve similar situations and ideas that some go through

a gay girl will def not relate to anything personal by a straight singer but they'll relate with lgbt singers- it's just giving a kinda sign saying 'hey here's an artist thats more like you than any mainstream !' 

but i get the approach of seeing it like a shtick, or something to make up for lack of personality or originality- your sexuality shouldn't solely define you as a person or why people should like you

I just think putting "lgbt artist" is just eye candy to their musical appeal as if that's an interesting thing about them. also you said straight women cannot related to anything personal w/ lgbt women..  as far as im aware they can still relate to subjects that are non-lgbt? or am im missing something

I just think putting "lgbt artist" is just eye candy to their musical appeal as if that's an interesting thing about them. also you said straight women cannot related to anything personal w/ lgbt women..  as far as im aware they can still relate to subjects that are non-lgbt? or am im missing something

they can obviously still relate in general ways and basic womanhood themes but not sexually or any hardships overcome from having to deal with outsiders views on lgbt lifestyles (is what i meant when i said 'personal' shoddy wordchoice on my end- not like being a woman, just that lets say lesbians- they won't personally relate if a straight woman is singing about her man, nor would they have any outlet for songs about their personal struggles being a lesbian in general. they wont find that in any mainstream music artist)

and i 100% agree with you abt the eye candy, i'd def like to see more lgbt artists and see them in different styles and themes rather than the common alt-pop or the softer more coy character presented by several but i'd rather that be second or lower in priority for their appeal overall. i'm not gonna like an artist purely because they have the word 'gay' plastered on their image

Yes.

The point.

the point is "here's some queer representation that we're not used to." it's not that deep.

@topic: her music is not that original or fun. but it's cute, i guess. i'll keep an eye on her.

tumblr_p615xzBWT11x3xtvio2_500.gif?w=670

the point is "here's some queer representation that we're not used to." it's not that deep.

@topic: her music is not that original or fun. but it's cute, i guess. i'll keep an eye on her.

quoting as if I find this person slightly "deep" or interesting. ha! trust me there's enough "queer representation" within Lanaboards, London and the new wave of YouTube artists. 

as @Coney Island King took the words right out of my mouth, 

I just cant with the art school hipster lesbian make up and pretentia.

anyway, Crush is laughable. doing nothing is a suitable title for the song to say the least. 

im starting to see we don't see too many lgbt artists for a reason :rip:

fr i've noticed a lot of people seem like they rely on their status as an lgbt person in order to gain popularity and the focus really isn't on their music because there's nothing about it worth focusing on. they just want to boost their public image and look cool and trendy. there's no substance in any aspect of this type of identity, like attributing yourself to the lgbt community doesn't automatically give everything you do a deeper, thoughtful, pained or overcome meaning. u need to have personally experienced things in your lifetime that instill those thoughts and emotions in u which then u can later release in your art. u can't just rely on the association of other people's struggles to gain support and a following. that's high key really shitty lol. i love to see lgbt people prospering tho, i just wish they didn't try to pursue fame for the sole purpose of being famous. share a story, let people find something they can relate to and help them grow. make some bops

this was way too text heavy and horribly worded but i have adhd and am too tired to go back and edit so the moral of the story is: there's a difference between being an "lgbt artist" and being an artist who is lgbt lol

UbsOye5.png

fr i've noticed a lot of people seem like they rely on their status as an lgbt person in order to gain popularity and the focus really isn't on their music because there's nothing about it worth focusing on. they just want to boost their public image and look cool and trendy. there's no substance in any aspect of this type of identity, like attributing yourself to the lgbt community doesn't automatically give everything you do a deeper, thoughtful, pained or overcome meaning. u need to have personally experienced things in your lifetime that instill those thoughts and emotions in u which then u can later release in your art. u can't just rely on the association of other people's struggles to gain support and a following. that's high key really shitty lol. i love to see lgbt people prospering tho, i just wish they didn't try to pursue fame for the sole purpose of being famous. share a story, let people find something they can relate to and help them grow. make some bops

this was way too text heavy and horribly worded but i have adhd and am too tired to go back and edit so the moral of the story is: there's a difference between being an "lgbt artist" and being an artist who is lgbt lol

I agree with you, a lot. I think we could afford to have more LGBT representation in music, but that doesn't mean basing your whole musical identity around your sexuality just so people can latch onto it. I actually think Sam Smith is a good example of this, he's gay and we know it, but his persona and marketing don't scream "EDGY TOKEN GAY!!!!!" He just makes love songs he can relate to and others tend to follow.

As a bisexual I really don't like this trend of becoming known for your sexuality, it defeats the point. 

This artist is just ripping off Tumblr aesthetics, nothing new or groundbreaking about it. Crush is uninspired and that homemade music video is embarrassing. When she starts putting out quality content then she will be worthy of attention, relying on her status as an LGBT woman is not.

quoting as if I find this person slightly "deep" or interesting. ha! trust me there's enough "queer representation" within Lanaboards, London and the new wave of YouTube artists. 

as @Coney Island King took the words right out of my mouth, 

anyway, Crush is laughable. doing nothing is a suitable title for the song to say the least. 

no, i didn't think you thought she was deep. i was making a separate comment to remain on topic. 

i don't think she's particularly appealing at all. her music is lame and unoriginal. and when i was talking

about "queer representation" i wasn't talking about on lanaboards lmao i know there's a bunch of

fags on here. i was just talking about why people are perhaps talking about her.

i agree with @@Sugar Venom

tumblr_p615xzBWT11x3xtvio2_500.gif?w=670