Sign in to follow this  
loleetah

Rapper Lil Peep Dead at 21

Lil Peep (born Gustav Ahr), a rising emo-rapper, has passed away at 21 years old. Lil Peep was making waves this year with his debut full length album and had been on the rise since 2015 with his Soundcloud releases, revolutionizing the genre of "Soundcloud emo rap." A cause of death has not been confirmed but is suspected to be an overdose.

Peep publicly struggled with addiction and mental illness and whether or not you like his music, it's devastating to see a young man with such potential's story cut short in this tragic way. I hope this breaks open a conversation about the horrors of addiction and mental illness. RIP.

(PLEASE KEEP COMMENTS RESPECTFUL)

Sorry to hear this.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Video posted by his friend showed him during overdose; friend claimed they thought he was sleeping since he was snoring /:

This is the first celebrity death that has really affected my entire friend group sjnce we all loved his music and would listen on our car rides home, while we hung out, and just stuff in general. Blessings to his family and his soul

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Video posted by his friend showed him during overdose; friend claimed they thought he was sleeping since he was snoring /:

Really? I hadn't heard that, that's horrible. Not that I want to find the video but was it posted to Instagram?

Sorry to hear that you & your friends are hurting, this is an awful awful turn of events. I casually liked his music but always thought he could pull a Gaga and release something really huge and influential. Sad to say we will never get that.

@one_sun

Not in any way a doctor, however- from personal experience -

I know someone who died recently and someone had checked on them and said the same thing- they were sleeping and snoring so thought nothing of it...

HOWEVER-we found out-

when one ODS and falls into a deep sleep, if they are snoring loudly, they can throw up and it (what is the word? aspirates and goes to the brain and it is fatal

even if someone sees it immediately (like a major stroke or embolism I think.) So death is almost instant.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Really? I hadn't heard that, that's horrible. Not that I want to find the video but was it posted to Instagram?

Sorry to hear that you & your friends are hurting, this is an awful awful turn of events. I casually liked his music but always thought he could pull a Gaga and release something really huge and influential. Sad to say we will never get that.

My mistake, it was an Instagram Live by his friend

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

wow. i wasn't a huge fan of his music, but it's always really

sad when an accomplished artist dies. it's so hard to make

it big in this business, so to see mental illness/drug addiction

get the best of him is really upsetting )-: RIP buddy. 

tumblr_p615xzBWT11x3xtvio2_500.gif?w=670

a major druggie who even advocated drug use on his ig all the time. i wont even feel sorry for him. good innocent little children die of cancer everyday, and this little junkie idiot gives away his life like that.better talented people died of addiction than this guy and it did nothing for anti-addiction. pretty much the opposite in fact, it just compelled people to do it more bc they think living fast and dying young is "coool".
I feel only sorry for his family losing their kid,but that kid is an idiot for wasting his life like that and not giving a fuck for his own life.if he doesn't care for his life then nobody else will.

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

a major druggie who even advocated drug use on his ig all the time. i wont even feel sorry for him. good innocent little children die of cancer everyday, and this little junkie idiot gives away his life like that.better talented people died of addiction than this guy and it did nothing for anti-addiction. pretty much the opposite in fact, it just compelled people to do it more bc they think living fast and dying young is "coool".

I feel only sorry for his family losing their kid,but that kid is an idiot for wasting his life like that and not giving a fuck for his own life.if he doesn't care for his life then nobody else will.

I knew someone would say this eventually.

Peep was an addict but he was also a person. Struggling with a dependency condition isn't that simple. Think what you will about addicts but it's horrific when anyone dies from these circumstances. People think they get a free pass to be awful about the death of someone just because they died because of drugs but you really do not. To you he was just a random druggie but someone else has lost a friend, a sibling, a child, a grandchild, the list goes on.

I have lost friends to addiction. Please think about what you say before you say it you unfeeling asshole.

I was waiting for someone to say this. 

Peep was an addict but he was also a person. Struggling with a dependency condition isn't that simple. Think what you will about addicts but it's horrific when anyone dies from these circumstances. 

I have lost friends to addiction. Please think about what you say before you say it you unfeeling asshole.

if you were waiting for someone to say this then you know it's truth too.

Peepah was an unfeeling asshole who didn't even care for his life or for anyone else. If he really cared he wouldn't disappoint his family and mother like that.He wouldn't break his mom's heart like that and not let her down. I don't care for junkies that waste their lives like that and not giving a single fuck for their own well being, not giving a fuck for their family, they only care for their next dose. I feel more sorry for his family, not him. And i will feel sorry for every innocent kid and adults that struggle with life threatening health issues and cancer, not for junkies.the drugs were more important to him, he knew there is major risk of dying and breaking his familys hearts.He didn't care.period.

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Never listened to his music but it's really fucking sad.

I saw the video of him dead going around on Twitter, and asked the original poster to delete it since it was disrespectful. It's shocking tbh.

Peepah was an unfeeling asshole who didn't even care for his life or for anyone else. If he really cared he wouldn't disappoint his family and mother like that.He wouldn't break his mom's heart like that and not let her down. I don't care for junkies that waste their lives like that and not giving a single fuck for their own well being, not giving a fuck for their family, they only care for their next dose. I feel more sorry for his family, not him. And i will feel sorry for every innocent kid and adults that struggle with life threatening health issues and cancer, not for junkies.the drugs were more important to him, he knew there is major risk of dying and breaking his familys hearts.He didn't care.period.

Do you know how depression works? :headache:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

atleast someone said it

I won’t insult you by calling you an unsympathetic piece of sh*t but i will say this - addiction is not so cut and dry. He was very vocal about having mental health issues and even said it was getting worse and worse as he was on tour. Everyone has different coping mechanisms and that’s the only way he knew how to cope.

Okay let me say this to all those who are calling him all kinds of obscenities:

This guys was a PERSON, regardless of whatever shit he went through and how he dealt with it.

He flaunted drugs on his IG, yes. But it was mostly likely a cry for help considering this guy was obviously depressed. Anyone can see that based on his tweets and captions. Stop being so fucking ignorant.

Y'all pretend to be fake woke and give a shit about mental illnesses but when it comes to people doing drugs then they become the scum of the earth to you. Fuck off.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i have no idea how someone becomes addicted to drugs and can't stop using them. it's of course sad but it's also sad they see drugs for a escape and even some think their problems will be gone after they do drugs yet they don't go, they r still there and waiting to be solved.

yeahh it's just tragic

what a bad way to die. what a waste

I shouldn't have to edit the post to mention that disrespectful comments are unwelcome but I will. That's a shame. I was hoping there could be a discussion about mental illness and drug use in the current state of stardom but it's sad that some people have to take it to another level.

Okay let me say this to all those who are calling him all kinds of obscenities:

This guys was a PERSON, regardless of whatever shit he went through and how he dealt with it.
He flaunted drugs on his IG, yes. But it was mostly likely a cry for help considering this guy was obviously depressed. Anyone can see that based on his tweets and captions. Stop being so fucking ignorant.

Y'all pretend to be fake woke and give a shit about mental illnesses but when it comes to people doing drugs then they become the scum of the earth to you. Fuck off.

^