Golden Hour

Camila Cabello

The whole thing just sounds so bland and uninspired. Uninteresting production, mediocre melodies, boring lyrics.

The album is entirely propped up by Havana, She Loves Control, and (maybe) Into It

It's kind of annoying that OMG got completely snubbed because Havanna did better than it, it would have been a fine follow up single on the album

It's kind of annoying that OMG got completely snubbed because Havanna did better than it, it would have been a fine follow up single on the album

I’ve read that her previous songs had to be scrapped cuz she’s only releasing an album through a breach in her contract and she could only include songs produced by the Havana producer.

I’ve read that her previous songs had to be scrapped cuz she’s only releasing an album through a breach in her contract and she could only include songs produced by the Havana producer.

Omg interesting. Do you have a link to where you read that by chance?

CAMILA (MY RATINGS)

Never Be the Same - 10/10

All These Years - 8/10

She Loves Control - 10/10

Havana (feat. Young Thug) - 10/10

Inside Out - 9/10

Consequences - 9/10 :poordat:

Real Friends - 10/10

Something's Gotta Give - 10/10

In the Dark - 9/10

Into It - 9/10

ALBUM: 9/10  :gclap:

Favorites: Never Be the Same, She Loves Control, Havana, Real Friends, Something's Gotta Give, Into It  :bop:

xo

Omg interesting. Do you have a link to where you read that by chance?

I cannot find the twitter thread right now sadly. I think she partnered with his label and they’re basically funding the project while her label just has to greenlight everything. It is a weird situation. I guess it was a smart management move to have her have an album out as soon as she got a smash single. She seems to be greatly managed.

I also personally love albums with a main sole producer. Camila wasn’t a Dangerous Woman but its sound is cohesive and that at least makes it a solid body of work for me.

Inside Out, She Loves Control and Consequences were my favourites other than the singles when I listened. My problem with the album is there are too many songs that sound similar - in a 10 song album there shouldn't be any songs that sound the same but there are here especially Real Friends/All These Years, they sound so similar

FzytWEW.png

Never Be the Same - 10/10

All These Years - 8/10

She Loves Control - 8/10

Havana - 9/10

Inside Out - 2/10 (my least fave I just don't like this one)

Consequences - 7/10

Real Friends - 8/10

Somethings Gotta Give - 6/10

In the Dark 3/10 (I dont like this one either)

Into It - 8/10

Overall: 6/10

I cannot find the twitter thread right now sadly. I think she partnered with his label and they’re basically funding the project while her label just has to greenlight everything. It is a weird situation. I guess it was a smart management move to have her have an album out as soon as she got a smash single. She seems to be greatly managed.

So from what I'm reading it seems like her management reached out to Frank Duke's management (Electric Feel) which has a real huge roster of popular writers and producers right now. So from what I'm gathering once Havana caught on, her management allowed Electric Feel's roster to do basically 3 months worth of sessions. I can't seem to find anything about contract loopholes.

I listened the album and some songs (She loves control, into it, havana, never be the same and real friends) are good but the others get a little boring, still, a good album to listen to.  :creep:

I gave it a shot :slayty:

1. Never Be the Same - 7/10. I feel like it drags towards the end, doesn't it?

2. All These Years - 6/10 imo nothing too impressive

3. She Loves Control - 8/10 nice bop :beyonce:

4. Havana (ft. Young Thug) - 9/10 

5. Inside Out 7/10 Kinda "tropical" as Havana and it was nice hearing her speaking Spanish lol

6. Consequences 7/10 I like the piano + ooh-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo! :karaoke:

7. Real Friends - 7/10 I like it because it has a pretty chill guitar and ok melodies.

8. Something's Gotta Give - 5/10 out of all the filler tracks, this is the worst. I admit the chorus has a lot of slow energy that I like but overall it's pretty meh.

9. In the Dark - 6/10  another one that sounds like a filler

10. Into It - 8/10 A pretty catchy chorus  :bop: It was a good decision to close with this one.

I guess mathematically it's a 7/10 but I really wanna give it a 6.5  :thumb2: Most songs are decent but imo a lot of them sound like filler tracks.

And I can't disagree, this sounds pretty generic, but it's ok.

I like the album but I feel like I'll never listen to it again ?????? 

Lol me too. It's decent i guess but nothing that makes me want to listen again  :smile3:

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Highkey™ disappointed. I was thinking we were gonna get something really good because Havana gave me such high hopes, but no... :wtf: 

here's my rating tho

1. Never Be The Same 5/10 idk i've just never really liked this song oops
2. All These Years 8/10 i actually really like this one!!!
3. She Loves Control 10/10 BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM NEXT TO HAVANA!  :grinds: 
4. Havana 10/10 A BOP!  :grinds: 
5. Inside Out 2/10 bad song  :creep: 
6. Consequences 8/10 it's really pretty & made me a tad bit emo so i'm giving it a 8/10
7. Real Friends 6/10 don't like oops  :hooker:  (it's good just not for me)
8. Something's Gotta Give 8/10 i like it!!!
9. In The Dark 7/10 it kinda reminds me of Love On The Brain lol
10. Into It 6/10 homemade dynamite ripoff lololol  :creep:  (it's not bad tho)

I give it a 5.5/10. I just really didn't like a lot of the songs.

death grips is online !