Golden Hour

Camila Cabello

I'm curious to know where LB members stand on the 5H vs. Camila drama. (you can read more about it in the comments of this thread if you want to learn about it--it's really fucking messy)

I know most LB members are too young to remember when 5H was really popular, but I feel like you should know how much of a rat Camila is before stanning her music :kiss: anyways her album is good but I really dislike her. the fact she left the group for "more creative freedom" and then makes a really generic album is so stupid

I'm curious to know where LB members stand on the 5H vs. Camila drama. (you can read more about it in the comments of this thread if you want to learn about it--it's really fucking messy)

I know most LB members are too young to remember when 5H was really popular, but I feel like you should know how much of a rat Camila is before stanning her music :kiss: anyways her album is good but I really dislike her. the fact she left the group for "more creative freedom" and then makes a really generic album is so stupid

So I never really cared about 5H or Camila. I knew who they were and I remember hearing about them coming up with X Factor was still on. If we're being honest I never thought 5H was that good of a group and like most TV groups their stuff always felt a little too manufactured and put together for me to really get behind (not that it's a bad thing, WFH was a banger). In my opinion, Camila vocally carried 5H, any time one of their songs needed rage, it seemed that she had to do and and arguably I'd say she was the most talented of them (I don't think any of them are particularly talented including her but again thats an opinion and doesn't really matter that much). I do think it's kind of shady how Camila left the group and it did always strike me as odd that she was doing all this solo work while 5H was in the middle of an album cycle. From it it seems, Camila wanted to go solo from day one (makes sense because she entered X Factor as a solo act and came out in a group) and I guess I can't really blame her for that. It just seems a very shady to me that she left so quickly. I don't pay much attention to 1D but it seems to me that the group seemed to organically dissolve as the boys were maturing and after they had numerous hits and albums, it ended at a good time. 5H and Camila on the other hand seemed very drastic. 7/27 or whatever the album was called was only their second project and their biggest to date, they were fresh off of the crazy success of WFH and were in the middle of an album cycle. Camila seemed to have been ready to leave before that even blew up. The Shawn Mendes collab wasn't a big deal but it did seem really odd when she was out shopping other solo features while none of the other 5H girls were, and from what it seems she was also working some business deals behind the groups back so she could leave the moment they found an opportunity. I also have a really hard time believing that Camila actually writes her songs (especially given that there always happens to be a big name writer also in the credits) and I feel that her contributions are very minimal. Anyways I think that this solo thing may come back to bite her in time, because while she has had some successful hits, she's doing a really poor job at branding herself as anything other than the girl who left 5H.

I am not here for NBTS slander... it’s so fucking good

Her best song!!!!!

Right??  :grinds:

Best: Never Be the Same, Havana

Good: All These Years, She Loves Control, Real Friends, Consequences, Into It

Okay:  Somethings Gotta Give

Bad: Inside Out, In the Dark

I really like Inside Out, it's so tropical.  :hoe:

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

Inside Out & Real Friends are my favs! They have the best melodies on the album. Inside Out reminds me of Under the Sea, so it’s hard for me to not jam out to it.

The rest of the album is just ok. I like her voice a lot though, hopefully her next release won’t be so generic.

14417469274.gif