surfnoirswing

Lana Featured on Jonathan Wilson's New Album

She collabed with an artist who's actually an artist and not some shitty pop fraud like The Weaknd or Børing.

And although it's not a major collab, it's not something that's obviously just done for the credit.

I'm already sure all the bad taste pop twinks here will hate on it.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Idk if this is of interest to anyone else, but I think the last track of the album, "Mulholland Queen" could be about Lana. Here are some lyrics from it that made me think of her;

You were perched up on the ridge of town

Will you sing the secrets in all 12 keys?

Baby, you're so blue and wise

The baby's breath in a crown-like shape

I'm lost as we drive down the canyon road

With your tender smile and your pretty little dress

With your jazz in your heart

To Topanga / As we hear what the masters have sang us before

There's probably more but my boy mumbles a lot so this is what I got so far. Anyway, it's a beautiful song (whether it's about Lana or not).

Idk if this is of interest to anyone else, but I think the last track of the album, "Mulholland Queen" could be about Lana. Here are some lyrics from it that made me think of her;

You were perched up on the ridge of town

Will you sing the secrets in all 12 keys?

Baby, you're so blue and wise

The baby's breath in a crown-like shape

I'm lost as we drive down the canyon road

With your tender smile and your pretty little dress

With your jazz in your heart

To Topanga / As we hear what the masters have sang us before

There's probably more but my boy mumbles a lot so this is what I got so far. Anyway, it's a beautiful song (whether it's about Lana or not).

I think you’re right. Flower crowns, Jazz, dress, queen, blue, topanga, it’s all here

I love his album more that Lust For Life. Sunset Blvd, Living W Myself, Mulholland Queen, There's a Light are masterpieces, Honeymoon vibes all aroud.

I want him to produce her next record. :worship:

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

How are y'all listening to this album / can anyone send it to me  :ohno:

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/22/587248637/first-listen-jonathan-wilson-rare-birds?utm_ 

I'm just listening to it on this website, currently 'cause I don't think it'll be shut down, BUT if someone could send some pico links that would be 10 times more helpful..somebody please :pray2:  

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I totally forgot about this until now but I just listened and it’s a nice song. Obviously I wish Lana’s part was bigger because she’s the reason I listened, but I understand that it’s not really a full feature.

Just thought I'd add this cute and interesting little bit from an interview he did...

What was it like having Lana Del Rey on the record, she's a good friend of yours?

Lana Del Rey was a huge part of the process, because during that time she was sort of like my sounding board for the different songs, and which songs to choose, and which way they should go and stuff. So I really dig her intuition about these types of things. Then she showed up on some songs.

Just thought I'd add this cute and interesting little bit from an interview he did...

What was it like having Lana Del Rey on the record, she's a good friend of yours?

Lana Del Rey was a huge part of the process, because during that time she was sort of like my sounding board for the different songs, and which songs to choose, and which way they should go and stuff. So I really dig her intuition about these types of things. Then she showed up on some songs.

God Lana needs to be a producer

Thanks for sharing!  

she's only on Living With Myself, right?

According to the lyrical booklet that came with the vinyl of Rare Birds I bought, her vocals are featured on Loving You and Living With Myself

Oh ! I can't hear her, where is she in this song ?

Edit : Maybe she's humming at 8:00

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg