Spoiler

Photoshoot Image Set (Taken Dec. 2. @ Malibu Canyon Ranch in Calabasas, CA):

Spoiler

Full Transcript of Unedited Interview by Meaghan Garvey:

http://3lc3lc3lc.tum...792/it-happened

Spoiler

:party:

• Hundred Dollar Bill, slang, longtimeman and 13 others like this

𝓲𝓶 𝓰𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱  gmagik.gifalien_salvatore_gif_RESIZED.gifgmagik.gif𝓪𝓷 𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓬𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓲𝓼 

#2 OFFLINE   sparklrtrailrheaven

sparklrtrailrheaven

alabama hard knocks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Locationlot 33 ~ the royal executive
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 86d 21h 44m 2s

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:58 AM

Love, love, love the interview! I think it always comes through when Lana is comfortable with an interviewer -- nothing felt forced or ill-phrased here, which is always so nice. Such a good balance of a conversational feel, and deeper questions. 

It's seemed to me that Lana's become much more transparent about her creative process, her emotions, and her past (her musical past, especially!) since the LFL era started, which totally thrills me. Hearing her little quips about old songs (All Smiles!!!!!!) has been so neat, and really getting into her head and her heart when it comes to writing the album has made me enjoy LFL so much more! 

It's like we're finally getting to peek behind the curtain that separates Lana Del Rey from Elizabeth Grant... and, yet, she still hasn't (and probably won't ever) given *all* the mystery away  :justride:

(also: not a huge fan of the cover choice? something about that pic looks *off* to me. the one of her on the road and the one in the white dress are much prettier and much more flattering, imo)

• Sugar Venom, paradisetropico and LaMartine like this

* ~ * ~ the film is fading; look at me ~ * ~ *

#3 OFFLINE   Stargirl

Stargirl

the blade runner version of lust for life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts
  • Locationelaborate mansion on the moon
  • Time Online: 169d 43m 4s

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:05 AM

"Okay, so “crossing the threshold” was actually a reference to this little concept, or diagram, that’s called “The Hero’s Journey.” This writer, Joseph Campbell, came up with this little model. And it’s all about this character who has a lot of trouble at the beginning of the story, and then somewhere in the middle of the story, crosses the threshold to sort of face the monster, or the challenger, and in the end hopefully emerges triumphant once he’s beaten the bad guy or whatever. And I had been talking about that with my engineer, and I thought: I don’t usually use metaphors, but I loved the line “crossing the threshold,” and I wanted to bring it into that song I’d already started writing. So I changed those first few lines, so that woven in would be the idea of the hero’s journey. Because I really liked the idea of changing your own past. I think that’s what I wanted to do. I didn’t really know if I had control over doing that for a long time, and yea, I didn’t know what would be on the other side of me making a couple of really strong personal decisions and statement. Even just using my own voice to talk about stuff, that was different from “Love.” And I didn’t really know how the whole thing would go. But I liked so much that it would be my authentic voice at the time, so I just decided that to write what I was feeling was important enough to cross that threshold in the music. It’s kind of hard for me to explain, because there’s so many different levels to it: like, I’m making literary allusions, but I’m also really trying to make changes in my own life. It’s hard to articulate it eloquently!"

bitch i called this

• CatchTheBreeze, Rayse, Peachycream and 17 others like this

large.pngygRA7p0.gif large.png

#4 OFFLINE   Coney Island King

Coney Island King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts
  • Time Online: 61d 19h 12m 5s

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:50 AM

That cat face cover is awful, the rest of the pics are nice though.
  • LAman likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Sugar Venom

Sugar Venom

Morricone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationGlimmering By The Swimming Pool
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Time Online: 51d 16h 57m 1s

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:54 AM

I wrote four songs that didn’t end up going on the record that were a little more politically oriented

Okayyyy not to be that annoying bitch but what are these. Is she mentioning new songs we don't know about, or are the ones we know about political and I just didn't catch that?? Sorry I literally hate to sound like a crazy stan whenever outtakes are mentioned but I can't help it, I wanna know!!!  :defeated: I wanna hear them

Btw this interview was so cute. I love that she's becoming more open about her processes and inspirations and such. I love hearing her talk about her art  :flutter:

• LOVE and Lolito Del Rey like this

6pwhWUV.png?1kuUst32.png?1

#6 OFFLINE   blackbeaches

blackbeaches

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo, Brasil
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Time Online: 9d 20h 33m 29s

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:23 AM

"Okay, so “crossing the threshold” was actually a reference to this little concept, or diagram, that’s called “The Hero’s Journey.” This writer, Joseph Campbell, came up with this little model. And it’s all about this character who has a lot of trouble at the beginning of the story, and then somewhere in the middle of the story, crosses the threshold to sort of face the monster, or the challenger, and in the end hopefully emerges triumphant once he’s beaten the bad guy or whatever. And I had been talking about that with my engineer, and I thought: I don’t usually use metaphors, but I loved the line “crossing the threshold,” and I wanted to bring it into that song I’d already started writing. So I changed those first few lines, so that woven in would be the idea of the hero’s journey. Because I really liked the idea of changing your own past. I think that’s what I wanted to do. I didn’t really know if I had control over doing that for a long time, and yea, I didn’t know what would be on the other side of me making a couple of really strong personal decisions and statement. Even just using my own voice to talk about stuff, that was different from “Love.” And I didn’t really know how the whole thing would go. But I liked so much that it would be my authentic voice at the time, so I just decided that to write what I was feeling was important enough to cross that threshold in the music. It’s kind of hard for me to explain, because there’s so many different levels to it: like, I’m making literary allusions, but I’m also really trying to make changes in my own life. It’s hard to articulate it eloquently!"

bitch i called this

I was reading it and I just thought OMG WHERE IS STARGIRL I just screamed
  • Peachycream, lernerderrey, Stargirl and 1 other like this

#7 OFFLINE   leaderofthepack

leaderofthepack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationFlorida (Kilos)
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Time Online: 16d 31m 39s

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:23 AM

I want the songs she cut for being too political

#8 OFFLINE   LAman

LAman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Time Online: 42d 5h 21m 49s

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:34 AM

Love this shoot. I grew up passing through Malibu Canyon, and I still do. Very sentimental. I agree @Coney Island King, the cover photo ain't great. The one where she is walking in the middle of the road should be the cover. I love that photo so much, perfect cover for the Heroin single ;)

• cherryblossoms likes this

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

#9 OFFLINE   LOVE

LOVE

i could be your ingenue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • LocationDown on the West Coast...
  • Fan Since:July 2014
  • Time Online: 21d 4h 56m 56s

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:55 AM

bitch i called this

i thought of you immediately!!!

not a bad interview, but i still wanna know her breakup advice  :crossed:

giphy.gif

#10 OFFLINE   pawn shop blues

pawn shop blues

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Time Online: 48d 5h 9m 31s

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:49 AM

These photographs are heavenly, especially the one in black and white in the field. The interview was great, too. It's cool to see her evolving. It makes me really interested to see where she'll take the next album. 

• Lust and Lolito Del Rey like this

#11 OFFLINE   Roctab

Roctab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Time Online: 90d 10h 13m 41s

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:16 AM

Okayyyy not to be that annoying bitch but what are these. Is she mentioning new songs we don't know about, or are the ones we know about political and I just didn't catch that?? Sorry I literally hate to sound like a crazy stan whenever outtakes are mentioned but I can't help it, I wanna know!!!  :defeated: I wanna hear them

Btw this interview was so cute. I love that she's becoming more open about her processes and inspirations and such. I love hearing her talk about her art  :flutter:

Yosemite is a political song :slayty:

Jk, i think we don't know about them. I may reach a bit here but we haven't heard the rest of the lyrics of RBFY, maybe it has "woke" lyrics that we don't know about (I think the song is more about herself than the world, though).

So far the LFL outtakes we know about are:

-Yosemite

-BAR

-Roses Bloom For You

-Wild One maybe

-I don't know if we should count Something Real since it was reworked into 13 Beaches so it's technically on LFL.

-Political outtake #1

-Political outtake #2

-Political outtake #3

-Political outtake #4

Or maybe not outtakes, maybe she just wrote them but didn't record them but that would be weird for Lana. Who knows. 

• DAMN and HunterSThompson like this

And everytime you look up...  tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif  I know what you're thinking of...

#12 OFFLINE   lmdr

lmdr

Fame is another word for glory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts
  • Time Online: 185d 16h 35m 34s

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:25 AM

Clever interview, nice shoot AWFUL retouching

vjghv.png

#13 OFFLINE   Trash Magic

Trash Magic

Listens to people who can sing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts
  • Time Online: 235d 11h 15m 49s

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:12 PM

Wonderful surprise to end an amazing year for her!! She does look kind of botched but it's not helped by the work on the pics. Really pretty setting though

• salvatore likes this

#14 OFFLINE   NamiraWilhelm

NamiraWilhelm

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
  • Time Online: 84d 1h 25m 44s

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:39 AM

I never saw the Caitlyn resemblance before, but I sure see it now!!

I want to know more about the 4 cut political songs
Posted Image

#15 OFFLINE   reputation

Ace

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,211 posts
  • Locationbest country in the WORLD <3
  • Time Online: 99d 5h 2m 53s

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:47 AM

I would like to hear what she'd said in the 4 cut songs. I would assume it would be more anti-trump stuff. the inner conservative cries in me that she made some right-wing themed songs. better question is why were they cut? what's something more taboo than saying she hexed trump? lol

#16 OFFLINE   Amadeus

Amadeus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in northern italy
  • Time Online: 156d 17h 12m 13s

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:50 AM

billboards store brand photoshop strikes again!

the only time they didnt mess with her face were the kanye and nicole godland covers.

i76mrxw.png 

#17 OFFLINE   Coyote

Coyote

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationMéxico
  • Time Online: 131d 10h 22m 38s

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:57 AM

Amazing Interview!!!

#18 OFFLINE   salvatore

salvatore

The Yosemite Cultist

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts
  • LocationTropic of Cancer
  • Time Online: 70d 21h 12m 17s

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:59 AM

I would like to hear what she'd said in the 4 cut songs. I would assume it would be more anti-trump stuff. the inner conservative cries in me that she made some right-wing themed songs. better question is why were they cut? what's something more taboo than saying she hexed trump? lol

Prob because she already has 3 political songs and another that was written in mind of the political-sphere lmfao. Her label prob told her to cut them off, or it could've been naturally scrapped a la BAR etc. They didn't even want her having GBA as a single, doubt they'd want 8 tracks out of 20 to be political.

𝓲𝓶 𝓰𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱  gmagik.gifalien_salvatore_gif_RESIZED.gifgmagik.gif𝓪𝓷 𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓬𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓲𝓼 

#19 OFFLINE   mrborn2lose

mrborn2lose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationHollyweird
  • Time Online: 2d 20h 13m 25s

Posted 24 December 2017 - 07:00 AM

do yall know if we can buy this magazine issue??

I am DYING to get my hands on some physical copies of those pictures.

The one of her in the white dress and the sun beaming IS GORGEOUS. :defeated:  

tenor.gif

#20 OFFLINE   Trailer Park Darling

Trailer Park Darling

Miss Universe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 840 posts
  • LocationThe Wynn
  • Time Online: 38d 5h 44m 23s

Posted 24 December 2017 - 07:22 AM

It would be really sick if Lana did a follow up to LFL, a la Paradise that featured her more political/happier/whatever lame excuse she gave not to put the songs on the album. Also I wish the photoshop wasn't so shitty on these photos, because this could've been a really beautiful and mature shoot. Just like the last Billboard shoot that also had botched photoshop.   :um3:

2j27tpg.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users