expandableclitoris

Call Me By Your Name

honestly...this movie is great but why does every QUALITY gay film have to have a sad ending. like for real it's fucked. don't us gays have a difficult time enough finding love...can we at least have happy ends to our films? lol why did they not end up together!!!!!

honestly...this movie is great but why does every QUALITY gay film have to have a sad ending. like for real it's fucked. don't us gays have a difficult time enough finding love...can we at least have happy ends to our films? lol why did they not end up together!!!!!

because summer's meant for loving and leaving  :krylie:

it's the premise of the whole story, oliver is an intern and leaves once summer's over :krylie:

i76mrxw.png 

SERIOUSLY how to move on from this movie :biblio:

i literally could not sleep last night and study this morning because i was thinking about it

i think i'll log out

The book had me feeling the same way for a few days! I finally had to just get myself out of that mindset. I read somewhere that the movie doesn’t have the same flash forward ending as the book. I was kind of hoping it would! Still very excited to see it. I saw about a sequel too. Interested to see how that pans out but I actually very much like how it ended, in the book at least. Life isn’t perfect and it’s something that really drew me in. I think a lot of people can relate to that.

Great film, so understated and not as gloomy as a lot of LGBT films (although the end is quite bittersweet!). The soundtrack is beautiful too. The Sufjan Stevens songs make me melt. I really want to read the book. I'll get it for my kindle and read it when I'm off from work in January.