expandableclitoris

Call Me By Your Name

how's the book tho? like i wanted to read but i need to figure out a way to do it in secret..... so i wanna know if it's worth it haha

i'd recommend reading it, idk anyone who didn't like the book after liking the movie (or vice versa ).

if you think the ending of the movie is sad though then you'll find out what a really sad ending is  :toofunny:

i76mrxw.png 

i'd recommend reading it, idk anyone who didn't like the book after liking the movie (or vice versa ).

if you think the ending of the movie is sad though then you'll find out what a really sad ending is  :toofunny:

omg.........i'm not ready then........i still have to recover from the movie..........

I love how you casually bump this thread right after Lipsters and I'm clicking on it like I don't have a shit ton of uni things to catch up with I fuckin hate myself and you @Amadeus

ANYWAY

how's the book tho? like i wanted to read but i need to figure out a way to do it in secret..... so i wanna know if it's worth it haha

You sure can read the ebook and read a few chapters and then decide if you want the physical copy or not

I understand where you're coming from though I'm even scared of reading Gay Literature™ in public transport in fear of someone extremely against LGBT seeing how explicitly gay it is & beating the fuck away from me and I just catch myself kind of hiding my phone away

#JustPolishThings

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I love how you casually bump this thread right after Lipsters and I'm clicking on it like I don't have a shit ton of uni things to catch up with I fuckin hate myself and you @Amadeus

ANYWAY

You sure can read the ebook and read a few chapters and then decide if you want the physical copy or not

I understand where you're coming from though I'm even scared of reading Gay Literature™ in public transport in fear of someone extremely against LGBT seeing how explicitly gay it is & beating the fuck away from me and I just catch myself kind of hiding my phone away

#JustPolishThings

yeah i could read the ebook but honestly i don't like reading books on mobile devices  :defeated: but also buying it would be hard for me so i don't really know what to do lmao

yeah i could read the ebook but honestly i don't like reading books on mobile devices  :defeated: but also buying it would be hard for me so i don't really know what to do lmao

I don't either but you do what you gotta do :sadcore2:  I crushed my PocketBook half a year ago while sleeping and I was devastated

Why would it be hard babe? Strict parents?

I don't either but you do what you gotta do :sadcore2:  I crushed my PocketBook half a year ago while sleeping and I was devastated

Why would it be hard babe? Strict parents?

yep kinda, so i would have to hide the book or something and honestly i don't think i wanna do such things  :toofunny:  i would feel so guilty and sad 

yep kinda, so i would have to hide the book or something and honestly i don't think i wanna do such things  :toofunny:  i would feel so guilty and sad 

I remember buying a thingy called Homobiografie (which basically is about Polish LGBT members like musicians poets writers etc. throughout history that we've been lied to about or their involvement in the subject was erased from the past) when I was 17 and although I was out to my mom at the time and she was extremely supportive, my brother was extremely rude to me whenever I was reading it since he supports THIS GUY and also my grandfather saw it and gave me the most awful look of all time so if defending it would make you uncomfortable to you I honestly wouldn't do this

There's also the audiobook option, I really liked how Armie delivered the story!

I have like 80 pages left pray for me

I remember buying a thingy called Homobiografie (which basically is about Polish LGBT members like musicians poets writers etc. throughout history that we've been lied to about or their involvement in the subject was erased from the past) when I was 17 and although I was out to my mom at the time and she was extremely supportive, my brother was extremely rude to me whenever I was reading it since he supports THIS GUY and also my grandfather saw it and gave me the most awful look of all time so if defending it would make you uncomfortable to you I honestly wouldn't do this

There's also the audiobook option, I really liked how Armie delivered the story!

I have like 80 pages left pray for me

i'm so sorry for you guys

i just ordered the book and since i have to read so many books for uni no one cares about my books anyway. idk if it's helpful but maybe if you get the english book with the ugly and not the movie cover they won't know what it is but yeah, ebook seems like the easiest solution. i'm sure i even saw the pdf for free on some dubious websites so it's pretty easy to get even when you're not a fan of ebooks and don't want to pay for it. i actually really like armie's audiobook as well but i prefer reading it myself bc it's easer for me to actually focus on what i'm reading rather than me listening to an audiobook while doing smth (that's what i do for most books i have to read for uni  :toofunny: ).

i76mrxw.png 

i'm so sorry for you guys

i just ordered the book and since i have to read so many books for uni no one cares about my books. no one knows what call me by your name is anyway. idk if it's helpful but maybe if you get the english book with the ugly and not the movie cover they won't know what it is but yeah, ebook seems like the easiest solution. i'm sure i even saw the pdf for free on some dubious websites so it's pretty easy to get even when you're not a fan of ebooks and don't want to pay for it. i actually really like armie's audiobook as well but i prefer reading it myself bc it's easer for me to actually focus on what i'm reading rather than me listening to an audiobook while doing smth (that's what i do for most books i have to read for uni :toofunny: ).

there's nothing to be sorry for honestly my parents are amazing it's just that i don't think they'll understand it and also another thing they would not understand it's me buying a book cause i don't read that much so everything would be so awkward. anyways i think i'll end up downloading the PDF even tho i really crave the book in my hands... sigh

ANYWAY

#JustPolishThings

i just had to  :hoe:

i love our lil thread here where it's mostly us talking, fangirling and discussing things

you don't live like in warsaw do you?

i get so confused by poland like on one side i know there's gays but then when i'm in the cities i never see them and you can't say that gdansk or krakow are small shitholes. i remember how old guys even screamed at our lana gang when we were walking around town at night. it's crazy bc i never really paid attention to it before but i haven't been back in such a long time i kinda forgot about the demographics of everyone being white and straight. at least u know how to spot tourists then.

i76mrxw.png 

i just had to  :hoe:

i love our lil thread here where it's mostly us talking, fangirling and discussing things

you don't live like in warsaw do you?

i get so confused by poland like on one side i know there's gays but then when i'm in the cities i never see them and you can't say that gdansk or krakow are small shitholes. i remember how old guys even screamed at our lana gang when we were walking around town at night. it's crazy bc i never really paid attention to it before but i haven't been back in such a long time i kinda forgot about the demographics of everyone being white and straight. at least u know how to spot tourists then.

You know there are bigger cities like Warsaw Wrocław Poznań or Kraków that are full of gays and if you're in public no one really cares because there are so many people walking and stuff

But then there are nights that people get drunk and get violent on so it might happen even in a city that is considered more open in an alley or something (it happened 3 times in 2017 and it's been huge in media only because it was bigger cities & got recognition), and then there are things that happen in smaller cities on daily basis that literally no one talks about because they're so common & LGBT supporters like Kampania Przeciw Homofobi or Grupa Stonewall can't reach them, like shouting on streets or calling out on public transport etc. that doesn't get media coverage because literally no one says anything. I come from a tiny 120k city and as long as you don't make your Gay obvious it's cool. And also girls are safer obviously because rednecks here try to seem like they care about not hurting women but in reality there's been countless times that me and my friends were called out in the street or someone was trying to come up to us violently because we're so bold solely based on our looks if that makes sense.

As an example, there was also this huge drama about this printery in Łódź that refused to print fliers for LGBT foundation and the printery received a warning & had to pay some laughable amount of money for it (200zł), LGBT media was cheering and all that, but then Zbigniew Ziobro, MINISTER OF FREAKING JUSTICE!!!, decided to question the court's decision solely based on his own beliefs, completely ignoring the law, just saying that "freedom of conscience is a primary value and the printery should be allowed to make decisions on whether to print the fliers or not". Basically saying FUCK YOU, I don't like gays, so I'll help these little fuckers that don't either. Imagine someone not selling something to a black person or a woman. Just because. And then minister of justice just kind of supporting them because fuck you that's why.

But then we have Słupsk's president, Robert Biedroń, who's openly gay and has written a book in that matter. He's been in parliament before and he has both supporters and haters. My grandma is homophobic but loves his ass, so it really depends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJBgNpfLAXs

^ Something nice to end my rant :defeated:

Also! I'm in Toruń now for uni (Nicolaus Copernicus lived here! :hooker: ) and this year we've done our first pride parade, so it was fun & there were some counter-manifestors (that's how you say it I guess), but it was peaceful in general. It was my 3rd pride parade and they're hosted in 7 biggest cities if I'm correct. They're small but we always get media coverage, although the state television always lies about attendance and numbers.

it's geo blocked  :defeated:

my birthday is next month and i want to make my mom to buy me the book. what a great way to come out tbh. like she will read the back paper of it then... wow. i'm planning to do this but i don't think i have guts lmao

my back cover doesn't say much about gays tbh i think it mentoins the names of them like once or smth  :defeated:

i76mrxw.png 

Also! I'm in Toruń now for uni (Nicolaus Copernicus lived here! :hooker: ) and this year we've done our first pride parade, so it was fun & there were some counter-manifestors (that's how you say it I guess), but it was peaceful in general. It was my 3rd pride parade and they're hosted in 7 biggest cities if I'm correct. They're small but we always get media coverage, although the state television always lies about attendance and numbers.

okay torun looks cute af watch me come over before/after i'll go to warsaw. gaycat3.png

i76mrxw.png