expandableclitoris

Call Me By Your Name

so here are few things i think about some scenes, feel free to comment!!

1- when Oliver likes the song Elio plays on guitar he takes him to piano as we all know but he plays different versions which are harsh versions of the original one, I guess he plays harsh versions cause he thinks Oliver will like them more but no bitch, he likes it soft. When Oliver is about to leave the room Elio plays original one, which is soft and I think this scene means that oliver has a soft spirit which doesn't seem like it cause he's tall, masculine, handsome etc. like you wouldn't expect him to like soft things, u know???

also remember papa perlman says he thinks oliver is shy (aww)

conclusion: OLIVER HAS A SOFT SPIRIT

2- IS IT BETTER TO SPEAK OR DIE

literally one of my favs

when they talk about this story beside the pool Oliver knows that he'll never have courage to speak, I think that's why we see his sad face :((

cmbyncover.0.jpg

conclusion: OLIVER LOVES ELIO SO MUCH THAT HE FEELS SAD CAUSE HE WILL NEVER OPEN UP HIS FEELINGS TO HIM, he will never have courage to speak

3- the way Elio opens up his feelings to Oliver is one of the most perfect scenes i've ever seen like.. WOW. when Elio repeats "cause i wanted you to know" line, camera shows the soldier at top of the monument, for me it symbolizes the courage and victory of Elio

BLN1lD.png

(but he was saying that he'll never have courage to speak, a glo-up)

conclusion: IT IS BETTER TO SPEAK

4- scar of Oliver

first Oliver shows his scar to Elio and that's all

but after they kiss for the very first time Oliver says "i think it got infected" yeah bitch it got infected cause scar is a metaphor for his love to Elio :'((( they had kissed and all the love spread his body (ooouuuh)

conclusion: OLIVER LOVES ELIO SO MUCH

5- idk if you realized this but there is a scene Elio walks around the garden and we see someone walks past the window, probably it's Oliver secretly watching Elio :'((((

6- marzia

probably Elio used this cute girl just to make himself to convince that "I'm straight/bi"

i really think he's gay and marzia is just... :( poor girl. Marzia wanted more kisses and passion but Elio just wanted to put his dick in any hole he could find, omg. so what's the next topic?? yes. PEACH.

7- in the book Elio thinks inside of the peach as a vagina, i think he tried to convince himself that he's straight/bi by thinking like this BUT Oliver came and he licked the sperm on peach, he even tried to swallow it but Elio was crying cause he felt so bad about it. Elio was thinking i enjoyed it cause i fucked it as if a vagina but Oliver ruined it. Oliver ruined the woman archetype(?) Elio put into the peach.

8- a little part of visions of gideon plays at the balcony right before they go Oliver's room for having sex, and at the end of the movie it plays again but this time in full, Elio probably thinks that day, ahhhhhh

so yeah that's all i can think of right now. those are just what i'm thinking, i saw some of them from here and there, discussed with my friends but wanted to share anyways!!

and it's beautiful there was no hate in the movie, not at all. the only hate (ironically) came from Elio to that gay couple lol

movie shows just their love and how do they try to handle it.

and and anddd last thing: One of my friends said this to me while we were watching it. When Elio talks with his father, he says "I may have come close to have what you did two have but something always held me back" or something like that, i can't remember the exact words. Then Elio asks "does mom know?" he replies "I don't think she does" i thought it was about Elio and Oliver's love but maybe it was about the thing that Elio's father gone through??? does that make any sense to you? cause it does to me. His father told him something that his wife doesn't know anything abouT AHHHH PARENT GOALS.

the end.

1- when Oliver likes the song Elio plays on guitar he takes him to piano as we all know but he plays different versions which are harsh versions of the original one, I guess he plays harsh versions cause he thinks Oliver will like them more but no bitch, he likes it soft. When Oliver is about to leave the room Elio plays original one, which is soft and I think this scene means that oliver has a soft spirit which doesn't seem like it cause he's tall, masculine, handsome etc. like you wouldn't expect him to like soft things, u know???

literally one of my favs

when they talk about this story beside the pool Oliver knows that he'll never have courage to speak, I think that's why we see his sad face :((

cmbyncover.0.jpg

conclusion: OLIVER LOVES ELIO SO MUCH THAT HE FEELS SAD CAUSE HE WILL NEVER OPEN UP HIS FEELINGS TO HIM, he will never have courage to speak

3- the way Elio opens up his feelings to Oliver is one of the most perfect scenes i've ever seen like.. WOW. when Elio repeats "cause i wanted you to know" line, camera shows the soldier at top of the monument, for me it symbolizes the courage and victory of Elio

BLN1lD.png

4- scar of Oliver

but after they kiss for the very first time Oliver says "i think it got infected" yeah bitch it got infected cause scar is a metaphor for his love to Elio :'((( they had kissed and all the love spread his body (ooouuuh)

5- idk if you realized this but there is a scene Elio walks around the garden and we see someone walks past the window, probably it's Oliver secretly watching Elio :'((((

6- marzia

probably Elio used this cute girl just to make himself to convince that "I'm straight/bi"

i really think he's gay and marzia is just... :( poor girl. Marzia wanted more kisses and passion but Elio just wanted to put his dick in any hole he could find, omg. so what's the next topic?? yes. PEACH.

7- in the book Elio thinks inside of the peach as a vagina, i think he tried to convince himself that he's straight/bi by thinking like this BUT Oliver came and he licked the sperm on peach, he even tried to swallow it but Elio was crying cause he felt so bad about it. Elio was thinking i enjoyed it cause i fucked it as if a vagina but Oliver ruined it. Oliver ruined the woman archetype(?) Elio put into the peach.

8- a little part of visions of gideon plays at the balcony right before they go Oliver's room for having sex, and at the end of the movie it plays again but this time in full, Elio probably thinks that day, ahhhhhh

so yeah that's all i can think of right now. those are just what i'm thinking, i saw some of them from here and there, discussed with my friends but wanted to share anyways!!

and it's beautiful there was no hate in the movie, not at all. the only hate (ironically) came from Elio to that gay couple lol

and and anddd last thing: One of my friends said this to me while we were watching it. When Elio talks with his father, he says "I may have come close to have what you did two have but something always held me back" or something like that, i can't remember the exact words. Then Elio asks "does mom know?" he replies "I don't think she does" i thought it was about Elio and Oliver's love but maybe it was about the thing that Elio's father gone through??? does that make any sense to you? cause it does to me. His father told him something that his wife doesn't know anything abouT AHHHH PARENT GOALS.

the end.

Loved reading this, good insights. It really is such an immersive film/novel. It’s so easy to get completely caught up in your thoughts, feelings, and interpretations. It’s the best!

I def think you hit Oliver on the head. He is so much more sensitive than his appearance makes him out to be. Like I’ve said before this is especially depicted in the novel with his friendship with Vimini. I love him!

I'm so mad Vimini wasn't in the movie, she was the key element to understanding Oliver in a book that is centered almost completely around Elio. Vimini, "if not later, when", "I know myself" and many other nuances that depicted his character in the book were shown very briefly in the movie or weren't there at all. And he was a smol son as well after all

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

6- marzia

let's hope we get the gay and his best friend combo in movie II since they wanted to stay friends forever in the car scene in front of the cathedral

Then Elio asks "does mom know?" he replies "I don't think she does" i thought it was about Elio and Oliver's love but maybe it was about the thing that Elio's father gone through??? does that make any sense to you? cause it does to me. His father told him something that his wife doesn't know anything abouT AHHHH PARENT GOALS.

the end.

i've read about this! some other people were wondering as well! this scene is in the book tho so i guess we could look it up and i'll definitely pay more attention to it the next time i'm gonna read the book.

also ew at that unpopular opinion thread imagine hating on smth u haven't even watched yet :awkney:

it's not like every movie can get critical acclaim, a 90+ and third best mc score of the year.

something lanz hasn't achieved yet.

i76mrxw.png 

it's not like every movie can get critical acclaim, a 90+ and third best mc score of the year.

something lanz hasn't achieved yet.

Why does everything on this site come down to things Lana hasn't done? Like she's negatively compared to everything and anything. If u weren't aware we are on Lanaboards, the Lana Del Rey forum! Hop on over to CalMeByYourTwinkBoards 

literally one of my favs

cmbyncover.0.jpg

BLN1lD.png

4- scar of Oliver

6- marzia

the end.

About the talk with Elio's father, I interpreted that he was revealing to Elio that he also has had feelings for men in the past but always felt held back, is that what you mean? I recall him saying his own father would have been unaccepting. 

Also i didn't know that about the peach, that it represented a vagina in the book! I thought it reminded Elio of Oliver's body. I keep thinking I should read the book because I feel like i'm missing a lot of nuances of the story, now I'm convinced

Why does everything on this site come down to things Lana hasn't done? Like she's negatively compared to everything and anything. If u weren't aware we are on Lanaboards, the Lana Del Rey forum! Hop on over to CalMeByYourTwinkBoards 

issa joke i literally called her lanz  :jack:

i76mrxw.png 

About the talk with Elio's father, I interpreted that he was revealing to Elio that he also has had feelings for men in the past but always felt held back, is that what you mean? I recall him saying his own father would have been unaccepting.

Also i didn't know that about the peach, that it represented a vagina in the book! I thought it reminded Elio of Oliver's body. I keep thinking I should read the book because I feel like i'm missing a lot of nuances of the story, now I'm convinced

yeah his father might have had feelings for men but actually Andre (writer of the book) stated in a Q&A that mr. perlman was talking about the love between him and his wife, not with a man. However, i don't believe it lol

but what i said was Elio asking "does mom know?" it not might be about his love for Oliver. Maybe he asked this for what his father talked about. You get it?? Does his mom know that her husband came close to that thing but something always held him back.

it's the both. Elio sees peaches outside as oliver but when he fucks it he thinks it as a vagina.....this boooyyyyyyy

yeah you should read it!! there is an epilogue that they didn't add to movie, it's everything.

wow futile devices is a song. i feel like its a bit underappreciated but its so good. ugh wow his mind.

it also fits oliver perfectly, from the sleeping in elio’s room, to the guitar to them being friends. it fits elio at the same time though, it’s ambiguous but it’s also not.

i76mrxw.png 

wow futile devices is a song. i feel like its a bit underappreciated but its so good. ugh wow his mind.

it also fits oliver perfectly, from the sleeping in elio’s room, to the guitar to them being friends. it fits elio at the same time though, it’s ambiguous but it’s also not.

i love this one SO much :'( and yeah when i realized it's a reflection of Oliver's feelings it made me feel sadder

this is the most true of the three Sufjan songs. like you can relate to it so easily. at leas i did, saying i love you it's sooo hard so i always tend to shut up and go away so YES Sufjan is a genius and this song it's PERFECT for the movie. im glad they added it

So yesterday we were animating random shit in class to learn a few new tricks and the only decent footage I had on my drive was cmbyn so I used a little clip of the sea segment and the professor came up to me while looking at my work and asked what the clip was cause she recognized it and then said "yeah I loved it as well"

and then today we had this little event for our group and she played the entire movie soundtrack quietly in the background TWICE and WINKED at ME

I knew I was getting great vibes from her but I couldn't quite locate them and here we are today

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

So yesterday we were animating random shit in class to learn a few new tricks and the only decent footage I had on my drive was cmbyn so I used a little clip of the sea segment and the professor came up to me while looking at my work and asked what the clip was cause she recognized it and then said "yeah I loved it as well"

and then today we had this little event for our group and she played the entire movie soundtrack quietly in the background TWICE and WINKED at ME

I knew I was getting great vibes from her but I couldn't quite locate them and here we are today

omg goals

Haven't seen the movie yet, but a friend of mine told me about the peach scene and i literally felt really overwhelmed...

shake it up, throw your hands up and get L O O S E 

this video edit.. uhhhh

the fact that we can do a super extended cut using the audiobook and film score  :defeated:

some of the crazy fan girls should put their energy into that instead of stalking timmy and camping outside his nyc flat  

also from the title i thought this video would be some tnc edit tbh 

i76mrxw.png