expandableclitoris

Call Me By Your Name

Armie talking about the sequel with Vulture:

I have to ask about the Call Me by Your Name sequel. It’s in my contract.
Is it really?

No, but we do care so much. So what’s the latest?
Timmy’s out! I’m not sure why. Timmy said the only way he’d do it is if they paid him $15 million. [Laughs.] No, the truth is, there have been really loose conversations about it, but at the end of the day — I’m sort of coming around to the idea that the first one was so special for everyone who made it, and so many people who watched it felt like it really touched them, or spoke to them. And it felt like a really perfect storm of so many things, that if we do make a second one, I think we’re setting ourselves up for disappointment. I don’t know that anything will match up to the first, you know?

The experience of filming it, or the movie itself?
Both.

Do Timmy and Luca feel that way, too?
I don’t know. I haven’t had that conversation with them explicitly. But I mean, look. If we end up with an incredible script, and Timmy’s in, and Luca’s in, I’d be an asshole to say no. But at the same time, I’m like, That was such a special thing, why don’t we just leave that alone?

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Can y'all explain to me how people are posting spoilers of Find Me on Tumblr when it's expected in October?

Do you still have a link you can PM me? I couldn't find anything and now I'm curious

Edit: I was looking throught the wrong tag and you're SO right. Some people went to a Q&A with Andre and brought the book home already. It's out there, I'm not sure if it leaked already or if there's just some group of people with a few copies around

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

Can y'all explain to me how people are posting spoilers of Find Me on Tumblr when it's expected in October?

Do you still have a link you can PM me? I couldn't find anything and now I'm curious

Edit: I was looking throught the wrong tag and you're SO right. Some people went to a Q&A with Andre and brought the book home already. It's out there, I'm not sure if it leaked already or if there's just some group of people with a few copies around

yes! some people already have the book but i think one person posted the amount of books that got printed and it is a super tiny number so only very select few people have access to the whole thing

idk about the book it sounds so confusing, luca's ideas sound so much better

i76mrxw.png 

I like Luca's idea more as well but I'm curious about that 3 narrations thing, more specifically what Oliver has to offer as a protagonist.

At the same time it could easily turn into Breaking Dawn way of storytelling and............ 

IW-banner-best-decade.png?w=780

CHALAMETCALLMEBYYOURNAME.jpg?w=1000&h=56

39) Timothée Chalamet (“Call Me by Your Name”) 

Jerking off into a peach is one hell of a way to launch an acting career, but Timothée Chalamet’s star-making performance — arriving a year after he proved his chops in Julia Hart’s “Miss Stevens” — is so much more than its most famous scene. That sweet moment was always destined to become an Oscar season punch-line, but it’s the tender vulnerability and concerned shame Chalamet displays once young Elio is found out that still make it stick. Those are just two of Elio’s many compelling shades; at times he’s as graceful as he is lanky, flitting through his family’s Italian summer home with a Gene Kelly confidence that belies his teenage insecurity. Other times he’s awkward and animalistic, lost in his newfound bodily urges as he hovers on all fours, breathing in the musk from his new beloved’s dirty underwear, wrapped askew on his head as he arches his back and humps the heavy air. 

It all builds to a heart-destroying four-minute close-up that displays the full range of Chalamet’s talent, and left such a bittersweet taste in peoples’ mouths that it made the peach scene feel like a distant memory. “Call Me by Your Name” ends with Elio crying into a lit chimney, a hot mess of feelings passing over his still-boyish face. “I have loved you for the last time,” sings Sufjan Stevens over the soundtrack, but the image echoes another lyric from earlier: “Oh, to see without my eyes.” That poetic missive is as apt a metaphor as any for the abundant gifts that Chalamet gave to the world audience with this film. He left it all on the field. Or, in this case, threw it all into the fire.—JD

https://www.indiewire.com/gallery/best-acting-movies-2010s-performances/chalametcallmebyyourname/

honestly there were some choices made in this list but i am glad timmy got some recognition gclap.gif

i76mrxw.png 

yes! some people already have the book but i think one person posted the amount of books that got printed and it is a super tiny number so only very select few people have access to the whole thing

idk about the book it sounds so confusing, luca's ideas sound so much better

I like Luca's idea more as well but I'm curious about that 3 narrations thing, more specifically what Oliver has to offer as a protagonist.

At the same time it could easily turn into Breaking Dawn way of storytelling and............ 

I read some spoilers and it looks a bit dissapointing :/ I don't believe anyone's really happy with the plot, specially with one of the narrations. The only good thing is the writing style is still "pretty", so to say... I'll still read it because CMBYN means a lot to me, but this is exactly what I was afraid of. I agree with Armie, there's no point in messing with a finished thing, the story that mattered being told had already been told. I hate to say this, but it's a bit money-grabbing to me and if it was only made after the fans, it only neglects what the fans truly wanted. If Lucas makes a sequel, he better make some good choices.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

someone in atrl said the book is about elio's father rather than elio x oliver. they said they've read the half of it and there was jusy 3-4 lines about elio.

I honestly believe André just wanted to write Sami's story because of the speech he gave in CMBYN but was forced to throw in something about Elio x Oliver to ensure the fanbase would actually read it. 

People are saying the book wasn't that carefully planed, it has a lot of plot holes and omissions. I honestly don't know what to think... I'm more found of the movie so I guess it's okay, but still, now I will always think of the characters like that.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

I honestly believe André just wanted to write Sami's story because of the speech he gave in CMBYN but was forced to throw in something about Elio x Oliver to ensure the fanbase would actually read it. 

People are saying the book wasn't that carefully planed, it has a lot of plot holes and omissions. I honestly don't know what to think... I'm more found of the movie so I guess it's okay, but still, now I will always think of the characters like that.

OK but is Sami's storyline interesting enough to support this book? Are we dwelling a little in his past and is he genuinely a well crafted character this time around?

I was VERY excited to read it and all that but my nipples are flat now from what you guys said welp

OK but is Sami's storyline interesting enough to support this book? Are we dwelling a little in his past and is he genuinely a well crafted character this time around?

I was VERY excited to read it and all that but my nipples are flat now from what you guys said welp

Ahhhhh I'm not sure, some people kinda liked it? I mean, some are saying they would skip Sami's chapter if they reread it, but I guess it depends if you really only care about Elio x Oliver or not. Without saying too much, the story is more about Sami in the "present" than his past.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

I'll never be over the book ending. I cried so much

i know it's ugly to say but i preferred the movie to the book. i love how it filled all the no-words gaps of the movie, though. but the movie... it was so fucking special, it made me feel things and made me cry and i swear it doesn't happen often so, yeah... best movie of the century i guess

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

https://www.behance.net/gallery/59965043/Call-Me-By-Your-Name

It's not HQ but it's the best you can get :kiss:

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be making a poster wall and this will be one of them yup yup yup

what an iconic movie. still not over it, never will. 

It is. Tbh Luca was really in her bag, and Im glad he kept me interested this whole time because the movie he released after this one (Suspiria) is def my favorite one of 2018/2019.

And def looking forward to see what he has in mind! Call me has an amazing aesthetic! Kinda Bertolucci meets Kubrick