Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Honolulu, HI @ Waikiki Shell - February 28th, 2018

I'm js this look is exactly what i envisioned for her glam rock/tropical rock/acoustic era we were hyping early-mid january :rip:

she looks fucking incredible

She did Serial Killer

OTTR -

http://instagram.com/p/BfxcFBCAlS4/

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

did she sing wayamaya yet orrrrrrrr

conceit.JPG

Adding Wayamaya to my sig now

WAIT DID SHE NOT SING IT???

i swear to god if those hawaiann gays and those same ass rich stans didn't spend the 10 seconds to tell her to sing that or yosemite i-

we've had like 20 tour dates HOW has nobody asked her ass upfront take one for the mf TEAM

tati.gif

Sorry my phone was at 1% so I stopped using it midway through the concert but WOW. What a day. So I got to the venue around 12 and there was this really lovely girl that helped me get a place in line. She arrived at the venue around 3 because everyone in line suddenly started running towards the parking lot and me and that girl were so confused but we followed and wow. It’s just so surreal seeing her in real life. Her beauty is no joke. Me and the other girl were seriously stunned. She has a really strong aura. I wish I got a selfie then because she did not come down to the barricade during the show :(

The process of getting to the pit was pretty smooth. We got into our respective lines around 4 and the staff took us to the merch tent before taking us to a waiting spot and then led us down to the venue. The opener was this DJ that played a lot of great tracks. Lana finally came on stage around 8 and kicked off the show with Summertime Sadness. Honestly, I think this show had the best vocals from the entire tour. Really solid all around. I didn’t expect it to be that good. Hearing her voice in real life is just an experience in itself. I was really shocked because she seriously sounded like the studio version of certain tracks at some points. She’s very natural on stage now and I really don’t know why I had doubts about the way she sings now because her voice had such a commanding presence.

I should mention that Ashley and Alex have amazing stage presence. They’re just 100% into the dance and you can feel the confidence and the sexiness radiating from them. Really added a lot to the show, imo.

It’s just impossible not to have a million thoughts seeing her perform in person. Thinking about how this is the same lady in all those amazing music videos, the person that wrote all those amazing albums. Yayo sounded heavenly. From what I remember off the top of my head, it was followed by (not in order) White Mustang, Shades of Cool, Cherry, National Anthem, Born to Die, Florida Kilos, High by the Beach, When the World Was at War, We Kept Dancing, Lust for Life, Serial Killer, Off to the Races, and a few verses of GBA. She performed the Change / Black Beauty / Young and Beautiful medley as well. No Wayamaya unfortunately. Lana Del Liar strikes again! She played around with a few lyrics, like in Florida Kilos she sang “people never die in Hawaii.” She also interacted with those hardcore stans a lot. She even threw one of them a necklace. Serial Killer sounds really nice live. Blake was on the piano and it sounded really beautiful. It was so amazing to see the crowd and how much people showed up to see her. I cannot talk enough about her stage presence. It’s just hard not to fall into a trance. When people praise her beauty and energy they’re not exaggerating. Everyone was just so in love, you could see it in their faces. I totally agree that she’s everything you expect her to be. Honestly though, she was kind of intimidating at times. Me and my friend were both scared to make eye contact with her because she seemed kind of annoyed when she looked in our direction LOL. Like idk how I feel about that :rip: But yeah, 20/10 experience. Everyone had a good time, barely any pushing besides when she came close to the crowd and I met some of the loveliest people! When we were leaving I actually saw Byron and gave him the letter I was planning to give to Lana when she came down and so I asked him if he could give it to her instead and he said yeah. He’s so chill.

Me and my friend went to wait by the driveway at the end of the concert in hopes we could still possibly snatch a pic with her but we got lazy lol. Omg me and my friend are still laughing about this but when the security guards were leaving, one of them said “thanks for coming, you guys give us a job” and one of those traveling stans were like “Omg I was just thinking about that, how we give them a job.” Like girl :rip:

But yeah, I’m really sad I didn’t take a pic with her when she arrived. I’ll probably never see her again. Hopefully she’ll get to read my letter one day!

I’m going to post the pics and videos I got from the show on @thegreatdesi.gn if you wanna check it out

@@cherryblossoms Such a nice description, I wish I was there too. :trisha: You're luck to have handed over your letter though, I tried in London but she never took it. :poordat: And yes, she's SO beautiful and Alex and Ashley are doing a great job! ♥

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Right, and for Shades of Cool and HBTB of all songs :rip:

We have to appreciate every time she acknowledges Honeymoon in any way since it happens so rarely

4mMNvJO.gif