Elle

Charlotte, NC @ Spectrum Center - January 30th, 2018

Okay, so, I don't know that there's really much I can say about the show without rehashing what others have said about other shows. I don't know that I really know what to say, either.

But, I know that seeing Lana for the first time was one of the best nights of my life, ever! The setlist was beyond perfect -- songs I thought I wouldn't care anything about hearing live were just... fantastic, and songs I knew I'd love were transcendental -- but I'll get to that. Lana looked gorgeous, and was so sweet and so funny. She's so human, not even like seeing a celebrity on the stage. And, her vocals are so much more clear and textured and perfect in person -- so much more nuanced than I've ever heard in a video. There's just not really words for all the magic this night was for me, but I think you all understand that! 

However, to highlight the best moment of the night: I cried twice, as was expected -- once when she came out and sang "13 Beaches", but also when she performed "Yayo", which is to be absolutely expected, huh?! I sobbed like a baby from the first note of the guitar, and I won't hesitate to say it was one of the happiest moments I've ever had. The magnitude of that moment for me can't really be overstated. It was the moment that felt like the payoff of years of devotion to Lana, and it was the moment that I realized I wasn't just seeing Lana, but Lizzy too. That song means the world to me, and... it was too incredible. 

This didn't really come out the way I wanted to say it, but it doesn't matter. I think you all know exactly how I felt. I love her more than ever, and I'm not ever gonna forget that night -- I just hope she'll come back soon!

"Put me onto your black motorcycle... 50's babydoll dress for my 'I do'. It only takes two hours to Nevada...I wear your sparkle, you call me your mama...let me put on a show for you, tiger..." 

:heart:

(also, to anyone that was there: I don't know how loud I was, because both my hearing and my voice were kind of leaving me, but if you heard someone yelling for "Pawn Shop Blues" when she was taking requests, it was me  :xgiggle: )

o4qjp4j.png

Okay, so, I don't know that there's really much I can say about the show without rehashing what others have said about other shows. I don't know that I really know what to say, either.

But, I know that seeing Lana for the first time was one of the best nights of my life, ever! The setlist was beyond perfect -- songs I thought I wouldn't care anything about hearing live were just... fantastic, and songs I knew I'd love were transcendental -- but I'll get to that. Lana looked gorgeous, and was so sweet and so funny. She's so human, not even like seeing a celebrity on the stage. And, her vocals are so much more clear and textured and perfect in person -- so much more nuanced than I've ever heard in a video. There's just not really words for all the magic this night was for me, but I think you all understand that! 

However, to highlight the best moment of the night: I cried twice, as was expected -- once when she came out and sang "13 Beaches", but also when she performed "Yayo", which is to be absolutely expected, huh?! I sobbed like a baby from the first note of the guitar, and I won't hesitate to say it was one of the happiest moments I've ever had. The magnitude of that moment for me can't really be overstated. It was the moment that felt like the payoff of years of devotion to Lana, and it was the moment that I realized I wasn't just seeing Lana, but Lizzy too. That song means the world to me, and... it was too incredible. 

This didn't really come out the way I wanted to say it, but it doesn't matter. I think you all know exactly how I felt. I love her more than ever, and I'm not ever gonna forget that night -- I just hope she'll come back soon!

"Put me onto your black motorcycle... 50's babydoll dress for my 'I do'. It only takes two hours to Nevada...I wear your sparkle, you call me your mama...let me put on a show for you, tiger..." 

:heart:

(also, to anyone that was there: I don't know how loud I was, because both my hearing and my voice were kind of leaving me, but if you heard someone yelling for "Pawn Shop Blues" when she was taking requests, it was me  :xgiggle: )

Beautiful sentiments. Well done.