Radiohead Sues Lana for Copyright Infringement on "Get Free"

sis do you really think they're doing this because its logical they want the $$$$

Yeah I know but like

ThEY WERE THE ONES THAT WERE SUED AND NOW THEY WANNA SUE

IT'S HILARIOUS, I HOPE LANA WINS AND THAT THEY HAVE TO PAY HER A LOT

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

yeah i feel like the songs are similar (especially because they have the same end rhymes [weirdo, manifesto]), it makes it feel unintentionally inspired. But there is no way creep constitutes more than 40% of that song, if that. 

but using similar chords and progression is not plagiarism  :facepalm:

it violates copyright law if it's considered to be unique enough. Yes G C Em D would not constitute an infringement, but something they consider to be a unique product of that artist would

but using similar chords and progression is not plagiarism  :facepalm:

If it was, Camila would've been sued over Havana and nothing happened

Like, who are they really?

A total letdown because I really liked Creep

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

tired old hags trying to shake coin out of lana and taking away the best song and perfect closer on the record.. why did it have to be Get Free? Take Coachella instead  :krylie: ms get free doesn't deserve this she's too skinny

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

Here's the thing: The similarities aren't that noticeable unless someone points it out. I've listened to Creep a thousand times and when I first heard Get Free, I didn't even notice. Sure, the chord progressions are very similar but overall, Get Free sounds entirely different at the same time.

I think this is just Radiohead trying to weave their way back into the spotlight, wether it be by releasing a new album or going so far as to take Lana to court. It's pretty petty if you ask me.

:whatever2:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven ♡

I hate to say it but the chord structure and progression of the song is very similar and miss Rey does have a bad habit of singing over other songs to create her melodies 

But it's only the pre-chorus lmao the rest of the song is completely different and way more diverse than Creep

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Wow, I mentioned thinking the intro to "Get Free" had a similar opening to "Creep" in some other thread about half a year ago. I thought I was crazy because nothing happened, but I guess this confirms it. Pretty stupid they are suing her though since Radiohead also was sued for taking that chord progression from The Hollies..don't understand how they are the ones doing the suing

29legc9.gif