#541 OFFLINE   wittycatchphrase

wittycatchphrase

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Time Online: 19d 3h 40m 18s

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:51 PM

A judge might deem it inadmissible, but if I were Radiohead's lawyers I would try to introduce evidence of examples of Lana borrowing from other songs. Obviously melodic examples like the Nino Rota thing and "Careless Whisper" (I think there are other examples I'm probably forgetting?) but also lyrics in order to try to demonstrate a pattern of behavior.

She credited Nino Rota

#542 OFFLINE   litewave

litewave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Time Online: 5d 9h 20m 6s

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:43 PM

I'm afraid there's another fact that counts against Lana: she blatantly references Crowley, who was a creep.

The whole song is about a creep getting free.

:runs:

• ImTragic and leaderofthepack like this

Watching all our friends fall in and out of Old Paul's, this is my idea of fun

#543 OFFLINE   AphroditeBaby

AphroditeBaby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Time Online: 5d 8h 53m 31s

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:05 PM

The bottom line is that it going to court is to the detriment of musicians and music copyright in general. All of the intent and effect out the window, if its tried in America (and it would be) a Jury would decide this by a matter of hearing them and thinking they sound similar and not knowing enough about music, will decide its copyright infringement. 

I hope Lanas team and Radiohead's team do the right thing and decide it out of court.

• Sugar Venom likes this

#544 OFFLINE   evilentity

evilentity

~~~~~~ICON~~~~~~ President for Life

• OG Moderators
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:39 AM

She credited Nino Rota

Yeah, her team caught that one, but it's another example where she subconsciously plagiarized something and didn't realize it until afterwards when someone pointed it out to her. She seems particularly prone to this.

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

#545 OFFLINE   reputation

Ace

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,087 posts
  • Locationbest country in the WORLD <3
  • Time Online: 97d 2h 8m 24s

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:43 AM

"Remember when her album sales and critical scores decreased with every release so she made up a story about Radiohead suing her and fed it to her echo chamber social media fans for free publicity?"

:rip:

#546 OFFLINE   yourboy

yourboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationNot telling
  • Time Online: 18d 20h 17m 47s

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:01 PM

"Remember when her album sales and critical scores decreased with every release so she made up a story about Radiohead suing her and fed it to her echo chamber social media fans for free publicity?"

:rip:

Omg who said that? Haha
Anyways I really don't know why Lana isn't talking publicly about this anymore. Is she sued or not? Seems like she isn't but she needs to say something before getting bigger backlash for it. It's always exciting to stan ha!

#547 OFFLINE   latothemoon

latothemoon

trashmagics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Time Online: 97d 14h 54m 1s

Posted Today, 04:01 AM

When Lust for Life re enters the Billboard 200 next week and Get Free becomes a hit
giphy.gif

Btw Lust for Life re-entered at #138 and Get Free cracked top 20 on the Hot Rock Songs chart. lol
giphy.gif

• Elle, DAMN, salp and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users