Radiohead Sues Lana for Copyright Infringement on "Get Free"

But it's only the pre-chorus lmao the rest of the song is completely different and way more diverse than Creep

Unrelated: I fucking love your profile pic :kiss2:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven ♡

100%??? :eartha:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

I hate to say it but the chord structure and progression of the song is very similar and miss Rey does have a bad habit of singing over other songs to create her melodies 

there's only so many chord progressions and repetition is naturally bound to happen - it's happened many times in the past and will obviously continue to in the future. similar chord progression in 2 songs does not plagiarism make, especially when both songs in question are fundamentally different in every other way. this is simply the result of Thom Yorke being the self-important wanker he's always been, but then again that's hardly news. and that's excluding the fact that Radiohead aren't exactly innocent in the "borrowing heavily from other artists" department, like someone already pointed out they did it with The Hollies for Creep & The Beatles' Sexy Sadie for Karma Police.

I agree that the melody is similar BUT is only for like a 20 second part and is just a similar chord progression..it's not like it was all plagiated. So Lana's offer of 40% was enough.

Their demand of 100% is just absurd and unacceptable  :crossed:  

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Honestly already imagining what the next album is gonna be like with all this drama going on in Lana's life right now... but on a serious note, I pray our baby girl does well in court. We all know too well how Lana's struggled and fought hard for credibility and respect as an artist since her debut.... this is such a low blow by Radiohead too.

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Lets all meet up and show up to the court and SUPPORT OUR QUEEN LANABOARDS ASSEMBLE <3

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Okay but like does anyone have an idea of what the potential outcome will be? Like yeah the melody is similar, but that's it, so I don't really see how Radiohead has a case? Just kind of confused.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Lets all meet up and show up to the court and SUPPORT OUR QUEEN LANABOARDS ASSEMBLE <3

We need to hex Radiohead. Get your candles.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven ♡

I want candids of Lana turning up to court in a fur coat, louboutins and a full beat face so she looks sickening before cancelling and burying Shithead 

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

IM SO MAD because this song is so personal and private to her, and she only wanted her fans to know about it. But now it's being taken to court and its making headlines, its so disrespectful to the song and to her music. Its about her trying to be positive and now it just has such a negative back story. FUCK YOU RADIOHEAD IMA HEX THEIR ASSES TONIGHT. :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed:

We need to hex Radiohead. Get your candles.

omg i literally just said this in my other post.. gorl we're always on the same page! <3

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

IM SO MAD because this song is so personal and private to her, and she only wanted her fans to know about it. But now it's being taken to court and its making headlines, its so disrespectful to the song and to her music. Its about her trying to be positive and now it just has such a negative back story. FUCK YOU RADIOHEAD IMA HEX THEIR ASSES TONIGHT. :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed:

I know right? Get Free is such a special and important song to so many people and doesn't deserve this treatment :(

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.