Dominikx4

Antwerpen, Belgium @ Sportpaleis - April 17th 2018

30706936_1784724698241385_21726355648958

Fight me this outfit is amazing

I hope she's okay

I love this outfit too. Giving me simplistic beauty, Newark vibes! Sexy af to me. But seriously what is this whole deal with Lana possibly (omg auto correct) being jumped? Does anyone know anything more in addition to a crazed person jumping the barricade. Was there interaction with Lana? I really hope she’s okay and not too shook up!

Can you imagine having the threat of a real stalker intending to kidnap and kill you while you're on tour. Still go through with the shows. Have police arrest him. Feel relaxed again. And then getting jumped at a total different concert. Poor Lana, hope she's doing ok.

30706936_1784724698241385_21726355648958

Fight me this outfit is amazing

I hope she's okay

I kinda left the whole sequins and glitter fashion back in 2006 when I was 9 years old, but I love this outfit. It somehow works?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

tbh all her outfits have been a mess besides the first one this tour 

lol same with endless summer tour remember the striped polo dress that was like yellow pink and blue? 

https://galoremag.com/endless-summer-lana/

Also I hope she's okay and this doesn't discourage her from further making music/touring I hate when fans take it too far

Can you imagine having the threat of a real stalker intending to kidnap and kill you while you're on tour. Still go through with the shows. Have police arrest him. Feel relaxed again. And then getting jumped at a total different concert. Poor Lana, hope she's doing ok.

and have a giraffe stalk you through every show in the US leg 

Why are there such little details of what happened? Like I'd think that with that many people we'd have different angles and her reaction afterwards ‍♂

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

This is just what I've read on social media - the person jumped the gate after Lana left the crowd after the last song and tried to get backstage, but security caught him right away. Someone at the show said he didn't actually land on her, but was pretty close... I think if he had actually landed on her, we would've heard more about it by now. Still scary nonetheless. :ohno:

giphy-1.gif 

tbh all her outfits have been a mess besides the first one this tour 

Phoenix and Detroit were moments of bliss sweaty

Anyways thanks to this fuck Happiness is a Butterfly is getting scrapped and Yosemite isn't being reconsidered as we speak

Lana says she’s fine: https://twitter.com/lanadelrey/status/986688162205495301?s=21

Also, a witness on Twitter wrote that Lana had to crawl under the curtains. :ohno: https://twitter.com/marjoleinbitch/status/986567128911368197?s=21

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

https://t.co/hsBIwqA5uc You can see the person jump over the gate in this IG video. I hope she's okay. :(

Oh crap, I remember this moment but had no idea that this happened ! She has just finished performing OTTR and was leaving the stage on the side. Now, this section had no spectators so as soon as she started walking, a crowd of people ran in that direction to take her picture and hope to have her sign stuff I presume. 

I hope she's okay, poor thing ! She was so cute throughout the whole show ! 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

This was my first Lana concert !  :party: (I sooo wanted to see her during the Paradise tour but my cousins took too much time and the concert was sold out in the meantime, grrr). 

I have to rewrite this because I accidentally closed the window but let's go !  :poordat:

I went with a friend whom I introduced to Lana's music a few years ago, I bought her ticket as a birthday present and she thoroughly enjoyed the concert. 

The opening act was Cat Power. Lana said that its lead singer really inspired her in a time when female singers all looked and sounded alike and stated that she's reason she writes the lyrics she sings today. Also, if I understood correctly, the band's guitarist played with Lana back in the day (pre-BTD, I mean) and when he learned that she still sang "Yayo", he told her "I can't believe you still play that song after ten years !". 

The stage reveal was a bit spoiled by the fact that way before Lana came on the scene, the team started to roll up the drapes in a rather clumsy way. I mean I didn't mind, I had already seen the stage in videos but I thought it would have been nice to give people who hadn't this element of surprise. 

I have to say I was curious about what she would wear and I'm sad to say that I... Didn't like the outfit (soryyyyyy!!) but that's not important. She opened the concert with 13 beaches. I couldn't help but feel that the songs that followed made the setlist a bit heavy - without taking away from their beauty, of course. 

At a certain point, she turned to her band and said "I don't want to sing that song. No, I don't want to sing that one either" and I was livid for a minute like "Now, waaaaait a minute, is she trying to cut MYYYYY setlist ???" hahaha. That being said, I do believe she skipped MTWBT or Love and/or something else which is fine by me, to be honest !  :oic2:

She then started to ask the front rows what they wanted to hear. She said that they were doing nothing like planned and that this was "Karaoke Night", haha. I dooon't know if it was completely sincere or not, since she had graphics that fitted the "chosen" songs she performed. I was surprised to hear her sing "Gods and Monsters", for instance. I admit I didn't check what she sang in recent dates just to keep an element of surprise but I wasn't expecting that one ! (Enjoyed it, too)  

I think she mentioned Heroin at some point but looking back, she didn't perform it. Too bad...

Overall, I think she did quite a good job in having a good couple of songs from each album. The medley is a good one. As a BTD-Paradise lover, I was so happy to hear so many songs off these two albums. National Anthem and OTTR are such a great closing combo, in my opinion !  :crying5:

On OTTR, she almost didn't sing at all so I was singing on the band's instrumental and had so much fun (sorry to the people sitting next to me). Which leads me to another topic: the quality of the music. Gosh ! I loved the instrumentals, the band was on fire ! A young girl came with a quite older man (boyfriend or dad or uncle, I don't know). And I think he knew 2 singles but clearly wasn't "into Lana Del Rey". But he enjoyed the music so much, he was bopping his head so hard to the drums and guitars ! He was very tall and blocked my view but he enjoyed the concert so much that I was like "It's fine, he enjoys it at least !".

I was shocked when I realized that Lana used some footage of running horses for White Mustang because I used the same for an "Old Money" video I did a while ago (in 2015 apparently, phew, time flies). The video has barely over 500 views lol so I'm not insinuating anything but that was a nice moment.

During the fan greeting segment, she took her time to take pictures and sign stuff. A fan got the chance to talk to her for quite a while, and she hugged him. He was very moved, it was a very cute moment. "Burn Norton" is a bit dull for that moment, I think, but I suppose that's because I always loved it when she used the poignant and beautiful instrumental of National Anthem for these parts. 

The dancers added nothing to the show and I blame them for the use of increased backing tracks in Lana's performances, lol. 

From what I can remember, this is what she sang (by album and in no particular order). 

Born to Die / Paradise:

- Born To Die

- Blue Jeans

- Video Games

- Summertime Sadness

- Gods and Monsters

- Ride

- Young and Beautiful

- Yayo

- National Anthem 

- OTTR

Ultraviolence:

- Ultraviolence

- West Coast

- Pretty When You Cry

- Black Beauty

Honeymoon:

- Honeymoon

- High by the beach

- Burn Norton

Lust for Life:

- Lust for Life

- Cherry

- 13 beaches

- White Mustang

- Change

She also did a short cover after Cherry, also. Haven't looked up its title yet, but you guys probably know it.

Other stuff she said:

She thanked the audience because the reason why she and her band can come to these kind of stadiums is because the fans buy her records. She that that they were not on the radio or anything, nor were they doing the marketing thing so she's really thankful. She also said she and her band have been together for quite some time, which answered a question I asked myself (how long have then been together). She said that they started in a "DIY" way and that it was great to tour so many beautiful cities and grow together. 

Sorry for the double, triple posts:

As I wrote earlier, I didn't look for recent performances to keep an element of surprise in the setlist and everything. 
So this ad lib in "Born To Die" might not be new, but since I had never heard it, it caught my attention and I found it beautiful:

Around 3:21, she sings "You like your girls insane... Don't cha? Don't cha ? I heard you did and you know that I am":

She also thanked the audience and said that it was still one of her favorite songs to perform live (don't quote me on that but it was something along those lines).