latothemoon

Buenos Aires, Argentina @ Lollapalooza Argentina - March 17th 2018

Lolla Day 3 canceled. omg.

Main Stage 2 (Lana's stage) caught fire last night. Everything is literally destroyed. The storm was insane. Oh my god. I wanted to see Pearl Jam, The National and LCD Soundsystem today. :(

Lolla Day 3 canceled. omg.

Main Stage 2 (Lana's stage) caught fire last night. Everything is literally destroyed. The storm was insane. Oh my god. I wanted to see Pearl Jam, The National and LCD Soundsystem today. :(

Oh my god!!!

DOES ANYONE ELSE HEAR THAT LITTLE ACCENT SHE PUT ON (ESPECIALLY RIGHT BEFORE OTTR) LANA YOU ARE NOT LATINA PLS STOP

it's not that hard to imagine that all the spanish she's been hearing and speaking has subconsciously affected her accent, it probs wasn't intentional

it's not that hard to imagine that all the spanish she's been hearing and speaking has subconsciously affected her accent, it probs wasn't intentional

Being in a different country for 3 days doesn't subconsciously affect your accent, especially not to that magnitude. It wasn't just a phrase or a word that had a different inflection, it was her whole monologue  :lmao:

Being in a different country for 3 days doesn't subconsciously affect your accent, especially not to that magnitude. It wasn't just a phrase or a word that had a different inflection, it was her whole monologue  :lmao:

It kind of does. I'm multilingual and whenever I travel to different countries I find myself 'subconsciously' adapting how I speak English to mimic the people I'm talking to. I know a lot of other people who do this as well. Lana already speaks decent Spanish and living in California she's obviously surrounded by a lot of Spanish-speaking people, so it's not completely new for her. 

After years and years of seeing her music videos, interviews, photographs, discussing her on these very threads, adoring her but also criticizing her a lot, I'm finally able to say that I've seen Lana Del Rey live. It was so surreal I still cannot begin to fathom the single thought of it. 

The crowd was savage but I still managed to get pretty close to the stage so I was quite delighted. I remember giggling as the decorators prepared the stage with at least twenty different potted plants and palm trees. When she got out it was fucking insane: she was gorgeous and seemed quite joyful. She spoke a lot of Spanish and the whole cigarette moment was lovely PORRR FAVORRRR lol

The singing was a little on the weak side, she seemed kinda lazy and sang mostly half of the lyrics on each song. I don't blame her though, for someone who's accustomed to stand still all that walking and dancing while singing must be exhausting. I still enjoyed it, but I do understand the complaints about it.

Anyway, when she started singing Black Beauty I felt as if my heart was being torn to little pieces and I started crying really really hard and that was just such a fucking beautiful moment. I don't think I've ever felt quite like that before. It's a moment I'll remember forever.

I feel so lucky even though I didn't get to touch her or kiss her, I don't have much to add. :smile3:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

lmaooo this reminds me when I was in Lodnon and I started talking to people in British accents because I was so used to hearing them

sgopYhV.gif