angela

Do you want a Lana Del Rey doll?

Hi everyone,

I've been interested in getting a really accurate, high-end Lana Del Rey doll for a while.

Recently I discovered the 1:6 action figure community. They have really talented artists and sculptors who regularly make really amazing head sculpts of real people and characters from movies at the 1:6 (~barbie doll size) scale to put on fully poseable doll/ action figure bodies (which you can get off ebay for example).

The heads are sculpted digitally usually, and then molds are made. So you can imagine that the more people who want a head, the cheaper it is per person. It seems that the market price for hiring a sculptor to make a doll head is around 500-800usd. If you want the head to be painted professionally and real hair rooted on, you can also hire artists to do that for you - or you can give it a go yourself if you're artsy, as there are plenty of youtube tutorials.

So, bottom line: anyone else interested in getting a Lana doll? I'd need at least around ten expressions of interest in the head sculpt to bring the cost down.

If you're interested in participating in my project, please let me know below clearly! This is also just for the unpainted head sculpt at the moment.

Examples of the level and style of art I'm talking about - here's a commercially produced wonder woman, she's fully poseable: http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=550

PD1510369065n0M.jpg?1515562424322

and here's a commerically produced Harley Quinn -  http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=527

and I've attached an example of a custom head made by one sculptor, Waruna Weligamage.

I also have a thread up at http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/interest-threads/185942-1-6-lana-del-rey-head-sculpt.html if you're part of the 1:6 community already or interested in it.

post-24781-0-16989900-1515562656_thumb.png

I actually hand painted a lana barbie and made clothing. 

I've done repaints before too, but a Barbie head is a bit more stylised and differently proportioned than reality - it's a bit apples and oranges to compare a Barbie vinyl head with a realistic sculpt. Contouring only helps so much to achieve realism.

I've done repaints before too, but a Barbie head is a bit more stylised and differently proportioned than reality - it's a bit apples and oranges to compare a Barbie vinyl head with a realistic sculpt. Contouring only helps so much to achieve realism.

yeah thats great most people dont have 800 dollars to throw away on a doll, and i molded the face so  :flutter:

Do you have any pics? :flutter:

I plan on doing a whole photoshoot with the doll on my instagram ill let you know when i post <3

I've been after one for awhile! Years ago I used to make doll clothing for this girl I babysat, so if I can still remember how to sew tiny clothing, I would have such fun recreating all of her iconic looks for a doll. Definitely on board (if the price is lower!)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I'd love one but not for 500 dollars lol

I always see pics of these dolls floating around IG, I wonder where they came from

c6fc405f4f0f7e5f57e5ab0e8f8e381d.jpg

That one was made by instagram user @AaronMalibu (formerly @RichardZimmons)! He has a couple of different Lana dolls he's done, I'll post two of them here for comparison of the face:

Older style:

Newer style:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS