Hopes for the Possible EP

Where to?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which vibe would you like more?

• Old Hollywood Glam
    • Surf Rock
    • Somehow, a mix of both. (cohesive)
    • Something, else

Like how she mentioned the state of herself and her fame in cues from Ultraviolence before, and in addition to songs like 'Elvis' and also rumoured cover for Madonna's 'You Must Love Me' to be on the possible project, I'm thinking that Lana 'll probably be writing more of what her world is like after being in the music industry, and reflecting on her success as an artist now. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCSEM5xpIx0

Re-listening to the songs, and being introduced to 'You Must Love Me' registered on PPL, I immediately thought of Las Vegas, and her just singing in an auditorium, thru her view, the opening of the stage framed to see the walls dressed ornately in gold, and seats wrapped in red velvet, multiple floors and a spotlight pointing straight at her, like a vision of a star, to her eyes. 

tumblr_om4yct9YeT1rdpjlbo1_500.gif

I'm not exactly sure, actually, I'm not sure at all, what Lana's got in mind when it comes to this EP, if it even is coming at all but. For the sake of feeding inspiration, what do you hope the EP will be like? 

What are some unreleased tracks you'd like to have on it? (And) What would the new songs be about?

What themes would you like to see? What would the overall key or tone of the record be like?

Speculated and mentioned already:

You Must Love Me
Elvis
Backfire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uZZzteRccc

How would you continue the list? Or. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVnU6Qe8IGE

Would you scrap it for more of a glam rock, surf rock sound tracklist, following Get Free? 

I'd personally like to see what kind of grandeur Lana would serve with what current info we've got regarding the 3 songs atm. I want to see more of the old Hollywood glam through her view. Orchestral, dramatic, and if possible have more of a solemn sounding track in it, one or two. Then, ofc create the surf rock sound.

Who knows tho, what'll it be?

Sound off  :justride:

UV/Honeymoon

I just want the lust for life extended edition, get free replaced by Malibu and all the outtakes. The four cut political songs, the other asap rocky tracks, BAR RBFY Yosemite. Solo lust for life.

That's not so much to ask :creep:

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

I think it's pretty interesting to mention, that at least in my opinion, Blue Jeans seems to fit in between both rings of the Venn Diagram. The grandeur of sound, while still keeping the hot summer character quality to it (maybe it's the guitar and slow beat song tempo ..). Not to mention the visuals for it. Just a thought 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRWox-i6aAk

UV/Honeymoon

i thought the EP was named "Hopes for the Possible" because it actually fits the era lol

It's not a bad title lol it's kinda catchy

---

Anyway I hope Lana's promo campaign for the EP consists of homemade videos for all the songs.

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/blog/278/entry-979-lana-del-rey-lust-for-life-re-issue/  This  :hooker:  but instead of cactus there's You must love me, and instead of Wild One there'd be a new song 

Also, nice opportunity to shamelessly promo my blog  :creep: 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I want the EP to have the dark witchy space aesthetic from the album trailer. That's ALL I WANT. It would make more sense as well seing as it's actually part of this era. And it would be just like how Paradise is the mirror oposite of Born to Die.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I don't know what I want :deadbanana:

I want Afraid, Serial Killer, Queen of Disaster, Starry Eyed, AFFA, Hollywood, Because of You and others released but I also want Yosemite, final BAR and final RBFY. 

So yeah I'd probably like the idea of a project with unreleased songs but I'd also like this project to be an 8-song continuation of Lust For Life. 

The A$AP collabs can choke (seriously if Summer Bummer is one of the best I don't need to hear the rest :awkney:) and the political songs can choke too if they're like Coachella (if they're more produced and less silly like GBA and WTWWAW then it'd be okay for me) 

In my opinion it would be nice if the EP had a more folky direction, but as long as she gives us (good) outtakes from LFL and maybe a couple unreleased that fit with the sound, I'll be good. 

If we talk about the surf rock + Old Hollywood sound, that'd be better for the next Lana album. It'd be cool if the lead single was more upbeat and cinematic like Hollywood.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I hope & Pray the new project is Old Hollywood Glamor // "TRUST NO ONE" for the title

and have ACTUAL style and visuals... by creating a world in the new era... instead of what we have had in LFL (very 'with the times', very mainstream, very general,)

Im honestly over LFL, & I don't care for the scrapped songs or even Yosemite...

I want new vibes, new material but include the old track Hollywood -

"one day my hoops will be made of diamonds and my knuckles made of real gold, ill spend my days getting high w all my friends in the glamours and green old part of Hollywood"

I would love the EP to be acoustically driven but with a full sound, with a general vibe like BAR and what Yosemite is described to be.

Maybe a title like “Sun Chaser” or “The Next Best American Record” etc.

However, I would really like the album after that to be surf rock inspired; not this next EP if it’s going to be a continuation of LFL with Yosemite, because I would really like to hear what LFL originally was!

I think it's pretty interesting to mention, that at least in my opinion, Blue Jeans seems to fit in between both rings of the Venn Diagram. The grandeur of sound, while still keeping the hot summer character quality to it (maybe it's the guitar and slow beat song tempo ..). Not to mention the visuals for it. Just a thought 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRWox-i6aAk

A WHOLE ALBUM INSPIRED BY HER BEST SINGLE EVER? I'd die!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

I can't choose but leaning towards old Hollywood glam but would like a mixture as well  :P

Also what is the film in the first Backfire video? I feel like I've seen it somewhere before but can't think where. 

Edit: nvm found it  :teehee:

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

I just read on ig she apparently told fans the other night that she hates her tats now :(

She's been saying that for years sadly, I remember her in a recent interview saying she wants them removed