#42 ONLINE   Trash Magic

Trash Magic

Listens to people who can sing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts
  • Time Online: 240d 9h 9m 52s

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:10 PM

LMAOOOOOO where interviewer says how first line of 13 beaches really grabbed her and asked Lana to just say the words... and then she starts sining "it took 13 beaches..." and interviewer was talking about the soundbite from the movie  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  and after lana sang it she was just like ....yeah anyway I love the sample at the beginning the I don't belong in the world part

• Peachycream, LAman, lanasgirl and 12 others like this

#43 OFFLINE   lanasgirl

lanasgirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Fan Since:January 2012
  • Time Online: 29d 18h 20m 51s

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:06 PM

listening to it right now, it's a nice interview even though there's no real new information 

oh man how i love this album

• Lust, californianfreak and paradisetropico like this

#44 ONLINE   cherryblossoms

cherryblossoms

Beautiful Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Fan Since:Late 2014
  • Time Online: 127d 12h 38m 47s

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:16 PM

I love this interview. So sweet.
That 13 Beaches bit :toofunny:

Me and my boyfriend, we are a new kind of fun

#45 OFFLINE   InnAMORamento

InnAMORamento

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSerbia (Србија)
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 15d 18h 1m 54s

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:17 PM

Wow she was very quiet when asked about Harvey...she said he was very flirtatious...she seemed like she didn’t wanna talk about him. Yikes I hope nothing happened

Well, I am sure many things happened between them

but not necessarily that they were bad for Lana

Of course, she can not say anything like... well, he was not like that to me or anything remotely positive because she would be jumped on from all sides

#46 OFFLINE   Shades

Shades

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Time Online: 305d 11h 17m 48s

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:39 PM

lmao i've noticed lana never really answers questions, she goes on these tangents and ends up far away from what the interviewer asked

• Peachycream, grabmebymyribbons, TRENCH and 7 others like this

#47 OFFLINE   UltraHeroin

UltraHeroin

Thinking of everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationWhere the ocean and the stars meet
  • Fan Since:2015
  • Time Online: 65d 22h 52m 13s

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:53 PM

lmao i've noticed lana never really answers questions, she goes on these tangents and ends up way away from what the interviewer asked

Exactly

https://www.spin.com...tory-interview/ She DM-ed them on twitter saying ''go fuck yourself'' because of this article but...girl that is the truth you basically said nothing in that interview..I don't wanna be mean or anything but 

My body is stuck in the ocean~~~tumblr_oo739iaDzM1v31k7mo1_500.png My mind is lost in the universe*** 

#48 ONLINE   cherryblossoms

cherryblossoms

Beautiful Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Fan Since:Late 2014
  • Time Online: 127d 12h 38m 47s

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:58 PM

Exactly
https://www.spin.com...tory-interview/ She DM-ed them on twitter saying ''go fuck yourself'' because of this article but...girl that is the truth you basically said nothing in that interview..I don't wanna be mean or anything but

I can see how that would be offensive. I'm sure the writer didn't mean any harm in it but it's kind of rude that her talking about her wellbeing and finding happiness got brushed off as "nothing important" or as something irrelevant.
  • Party Party, californianfreak, HunterSThompson and 3 others like this

Me and my boyfriend, we are a new kind of fun

#49 OFFLINE   UltraHeroin

UltraHeroin

Thinking of everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:02 PM

I can see how that would be offensive. I'm sure the writer didn't mean any harm in it but it's kind of rude that her talking about her wellbeing and finding happiness got brushed off as "nothing important" or as something irrelevant.

Yeah, that's true

My body is stuck in the ocean~~~tumblr_oo739iaDzM1v31k7mo1_500.png My mind is lost in the universe*** 

#50 OFFLINE   sweetlikecinnam0n

sweetlikecinnam0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • Fan Since:Oct 2012
  • Time Online: 84d 6h 6m 8s

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:07 PM

Exactly

https://www.spin.com...tory-interview/ She DM-ed them on twitter saying ''go fuck yourself'' because of this article but...girl that is the truth you basically said nothing in that interview..I don't wanna be mean or anything but 

Nope nope nope nope.

They said that over fragments of her interview. I mean, the magazine hadn't hit the shelves and the magazine only published small parts of the interview.

They didn't judge over the whole thing, they judged over small bits of an interview thinking it was the WHOLE interview.

She was right telling them to fuck themselves

• HunterSThompson and UltraHeroin like this

3_DEDEA77_3_D33_4_DF7_9954_B5_A59_F643_D39575495445_42acc06b06_b.jpg

#51 OFFLINE   Tragic Rabbit

Tragic Rabbit

venus as a boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 918 posts
  • LocationAntarctica
  • Time Online: 28d 14h 28m 19s

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:10 PM

It's too long an interview so if someone has listened to it already, please let me know if she discusses something important/new about upcoming plans/projects or is it yet another interview with her talking about the collabs. on LFL & her pseudo-intellectual bullshit?

#52 OFFLINE   UltraHeroin

UltraHeroin

Thinking of everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:23 PM

It's too long an interview so if someone has listened to it already, please let me know if she discusses something important/new about upcoming plans/projects or is it yet another interview with her talking about the collabs. on LFL & her pseudo-intellectual bullshit?

Nothing about future projects..just the usual stuff that we already know

• Cult Leader and Tragic Rabbit like this

#53 OFFLINE   salvatore

salvatore

The Yosemite Martyr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,390 posts
  • Time Online: 77d 18h 56m 39s

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:51 PM

@ these ignorant ugly interviewers and their dumbass overused questions

HrnCxnC.gif

• grabmebymyribbons, sweetlikecinnam0n, TRENCH and 3 others like this

#54 OFFLINE   JazzSingrCultLeadr

JazzSingrCultLeadr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Time Online: 7d 10h 36m 36s

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:53 PM

lana acknowledging st vincent's existence!!!!! 

• National Anthem likes this

y08rk8A.gif

#55 OFFLINE   HunterSThompson

HunterSThompson

Lean into the fucking youth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts
  • Time Online: 41d 21h 55m 20s

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:53 PM

Unpopular opinion but I enjoyed this interview. This interviewer/journalist was very smart and clearly knew more than the average journalist about Lana. She had some really good insights to Lana's work that Lana herself was surprised about and agreed with. I think this fanbase keeps forgetting that interviews aren't for niche topics that only internet stans know about. It's for general conversation about recent projects and stuff. World Cafe is an NPR radio show, do we really expect casual listeners to care about niche topics that we want to hear about? 

I think we keep forgetting that general promo is not for the fans, it's for the GP giphy.gif

• peli, Peachycream, LAman and 10 others like this

#56 OFFLINE   Cult Leader

Cult Leader

Rosarey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts
  • Locationthe moon
  • Fan Since:October 2012
  • Time Online: 33d 23h 48m 36s

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:55 AM

I liked to hear that she was trying to base LFL off the song Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow by the Shirelles, and I liked how she mentioned that Jeff Buckley probably has that 6th sense she was talking about (when off on a tangent with the 'witchy sisters' thing again).

And as someone who's life literally revolves around trees, I was SO STOKED to hear lana confess she is also a dork for trees

Unpopular opinion but I enjoyed this interview. This interviewer/journalist was very smart and clearly knew more than the average journalist about Lana. She had some really good insights to Lana's work that Lana herself was surprised about and agreed with. I think this fanbase keeps forgetting that interviews aren't for niche topics that only internet stans know about. It's for general conversation about recent projects and stuff. World Cafe is an NPR radio show, do we really expect casual listeners to care about niche topics that we want to hear about? 

I think we keep forgetting that general promo is not for the fans, it's for the GP giphy.gif

SLAY US KING

#57 OFFLINE   Shades

Shades

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Time Online: 305d 11h 17m 48s

Posted 17 February 2018 - 06:08 AM

my quip w/ this interview isn't with the interviewer, but with Lana. i thought the interviewer was actually very intelligent, and seemed to constantly be trying to steer the conversation into deeper, more analytical territory re: interpreting the Lana Written Word, but lana's answers were just straight up nonsensical. like i literally felt the interviewer become flabbergasted bc she wasn't expecting Lana's word vomit and didn't know how to recover/respond. it was tangibly awkward. like i love our girl but i've noticed this for a while... :rip:

• Peachycream, TRENCH and 99centlips like this

#58 ONLINE   Creyk

Creyk

Lana is better than you fav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Time Online: 82d 11h 30m

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:44 AM

my quip w/ this interview isn't with the interviewer, but with Lana. i thought the interviewer was actually very intelligent, and seemed to constantly be trying to steer the conversation into deeper, more analytical territory re: interpreting the Lana Written Word, but lana's answers were just straight up nonsensical. like i literally felt the interviewer become flabbergasted bc she wasn't expecting Lana's word vomit and didn't know how to recover/respond. it was tangibly awkward. like i love our girl but i've noticed this for a while... :rip:

Oh my god I adore her verbal diarrhea can't wait to listen to this one

• HollywoodHills likes this

#59 OFFLINE   Body Electrician

Body Electrician

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Time Online: 13d 6h 48m 27s

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:09 PM

What the fuck is the interviewer on about at the beginning?

I text my sister that I was interviewing you and replied "I thought she was a hologram!".. I think a lot of people think Lana is a hologram

:deadbanana: bizarre

• LAman and DLT like this

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

#60 OFFLINE   DLT

DLT

You're lost at sea then I'll command your boat to me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationTEXAS
  • Fan Since:November 2011
  • Time Online: 194d 5h 8m 28s

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:18 PM

What the fuck is the interviewer on about at the beginning?

:deadbanana: bizarre

Must be the same demographic that eats Tide Pods lol!

I really enjoyed it myself as well. It’s nice to have an intelligent person ask interesting questions instead of the usual this or that. Lana is always a little dodgy but I really liked the flow of this interview. The whole Weinstein pause was so awkward though. I thought it was really cute when she was talking about Rolling Stone and said the whole hey or listen up buddy thing. I can’t recall the exact words. Also someone already mentioned it but I loved the whole tidbit about the pines!
  • HunterSThompson likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users