Sign in to follow this  
loleetah

Lana's Broadway Musical: Discussion/Hopes

In the L'Official interview, Lana announced she was asked to write a musical for Broadway! It could be done in the next few years, and Rick Nowels seems to be helping out with the writing.

I personally got the impression that a lot of Honeymoon was Lana's attempt to market herself to the movie or Broadway industries, as a lot of it is very theatrical and orchestral. And now with this news and Lana being featured on Andrew Lloyd Webber's album, I think Lana may have found a new hobby! I think Lana could write a beautiful adaption of an old film maybe, with latter half of HM-style lyrics and production. Something maybe in a similar style of Phantom Of The Opera or Evita. I would love to see Lana work with David Lynch to develop a dark, romantic story. What do you think this musical might look like?

musical adaptation of either blue velvet or mulholland drive with lynch. she'd absolutely kill making a musical with him.

Omg i was thinking Mulholland Drive would lend itself well to a musical. Blue Velvet i think is a little to out there 

I would love it if they came together to create an original story

musical adaptation of either blue velvet or mulholland drive with lynch. she'd absolutely kill making a musical with him.

praying so hard for a lynch collab

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

the broadway world will love it, i can already tell. This is going to be my favorite broadway show/musical, but the standards aren't high for me tbh

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Maybe this will win her a Tony award  :fabcat: I don't think Lana will star in the show though. She could do it, but we know she's shy and doesn't like to act, so I doubt it will be anything beyond the writing here

i want at least 18 songs

Broadway shows typically have around 20 songs, but you write as many songs as you need to tell the complete story. So it could be slightly more or less but i think we can expect around 20. 

Sierra Boggess is one of my favorite Broadway actresses and i think she could do great with darker, Lana-inspired material! And she serves great vocals. Here she is in Phantom:

Maybe this will win her a Tony award  :fabcat: I don't think Lana will star in the show though. She could do it, but we know she's shy and doesn't like to act, so I doubt it will be anything beyond the writing here

I am sure she wouldn't want to star in it.

Although the routine might actually be good for her.